Newcastle v Liverpool Pre-Match Thread - 11/12/10 at 5.30pm (live on ESPN)

Beren

I am thinking this game will be absolute carnage ... as far as fan support BTW. 5:30PM KO... FIVE F*CKING THIRTY!

Pardew has no idea what the noise and mayhem will be like during the liverpool game.

If I was there I would probably be planning on storming the posh seats, physically attacking Pardew and a pitch invasion... not that I think any of those ideas are good ones, but I surprise myself of what I think is a good idea after 9 pints. Any of those actions are a serious possibility due to the late KO.

I can't see how he will motivate a bunch of bemused and disappointed players for this one to go out and play in front of a hostile crowd and win a game for a manager who has been thrust on them in the space of a few days. Liverpool will be excited for this one because they will sense a rout.

Alan Pardew admitted people have called him mad for taking the job, it just goes to show how managers percieve Mike Ashley and how noone bar the desperate would work for him. Just look at the widespread criticism received, no proven manager will ever come near us till he's gone.

The question is, should we rally behind the new manager in the hope of short term success or should we look at the long term and take action now by boycotting games?

My view is we'll never move forward with the kind of boardroom interference, PR gaffs and insufficient transfer budgets typical of the Ashley regime. Relegation will always be around the corner because of his capacity to make sudden, massive decisions which send the club spiralling. I think most have had enough now and will take the view that we must look beyond the next few results and do whatever it takes to force him out.  This was all so predictable the moment Hughton was sacked.

I will be hoping for a surprise result against Liverpool but in spite of that I hope there are masses of fans missing from the stands because Ashley so far has acted without a care in the world and needs to know that the fans are prepared to force him out.

I am thinking this game will be absolute carnage ... as far as fan support BTW. 5:30PM KO... FIVE F*CKING THIRTY!

Pardew has no idea what the noise and mayhem will be like during the liverpool game.

If I was there I would probably be planning on storming the posh seats, physically attacking Pardew and a pitch invasion... not that I think any of those ideas are good ones, but I surprise myself of what I think is a good idea after 9 pints. Any of those actions are a serious possibility due to the late KO.

Not like the yanks to go in all guns blazing  :undecided:,in all serious it will probably be and i hope a anti Ashley tirade and support for Chris then get behind the team as vocally as possible channelling our frustration and hate that way but tbh will probably be flat as a fart come kick off  :-[

Guest Loven11

The only positive news is Gerrard is out according to .com and Liverpool's away record has not been great.

Doubts over Nolan and Barton for us though. We need them back asap.

Newcastle captain Kevin Nolan should return from an ankle injury to play in Alan Pardew's first game in charge.

The Magpies will monitor the fitness of Joey Barton and Danny Guthrie, while goalkeeper Steve Harper is back in training after a shoulder problem.

From BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9268294.stm

Thought Torres was still on paternal leave :no:

If he decides to show up, a nimble/nippy Torres vs Campbell could be painful watching - you just know he'll be eager to dedicate a hat-trick to his new kid.

Still think we'll win though. Just less confident ;)

Exactly, hopefully there will be some serious hostility towards the regime, and the late kick-off could favour the agresssor. :knuppel2:

Newcastle v Liverpool

Good luck to Alan Pardew. It's not his fault that he has been appointed as Newcastle boss - it is them who look foolish for sacking Chris Hughton.

Magpies supporters are not happy, yet again, which is hardly a shock under the reign of owner Mike Ashley but they should back Pardew. He has a problem because he has to start winning games straight away to try to win those disaffected fans over.

But they are up against a Liverpool side who have improved of late and, dare I say it, when Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have been out, some of their other players have stepped up and taken some responsibility.

For Liverpool fans, the best way to look at the Reds' away form is very quickly - it's that bad - but I can see them getting a point here.

Prediction: 1-1

shit, man.  I was back to looking forward to matches again under Hughton.  Now it feels like the turn of 08-09, where I dreaded waking up to waste a couple hours of my time.  In all this madness, I am finding it difficult to care so much what happens tomorrow, because it will only make my day at work that much worse.

That said, I am accepting an 0-3 defeat.

If we win, and win well, my feelings toward this cloud of shit will not change one iota.  Either way, I fucking lose on the morrow.   

Most important game in recent history?

Most meaningless.

Nonsense. Do games not matter now just because we've changed the manager? Come on, get a grip.

Guest The_Optimistic

Most important one(since the early 90's) will be the one which makes us mathematically sure of staying up this season tbh :harry:

Very true, we were never expected to get anything tomorrow after the shambles last Sunday.  The games we need to start winning is our home games against the teams around us which we have not been doing.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I really don't know about tomorrow, expect us to be in for a hammering but then again the fans may give 110% for the fans and manage to pull a 0-0 or other tight draw. Can't really see it happening though