Newcastle v Liverpool Pre-Match Thread - 11/12/10 at 5.30pm (live on ESPN)

Beren

Can't see Torres not scoring.

Exactly! If Tchoyi and Odemwingie made Sol and Taylor look like League One central defence what will Torres just by himself make them look? Not to mention the support he'll be given by Kuyt, Maxi and NGog

Just waiting for the day when Colo & Willi returns

I thought it was always going to be Beardsley for this match and then Pardew taking over from there?  I must've read something wrong then if everyone else thinks otherwise.

Pardew said he'd be in charge for the game, just that he'd take guidance from Pedro before starting to make his own decisions from that point on.

I thought it was always going to be Beardsley for this match and then Pardew taking over from there?  I must've read something wrong then if everyone else thinks otherwise.

I thought the same.

Sure they had already mentioned Beardsley was in charge for this game.

not a bad side out for us - bar the centre-halves, and shola's form permitting.

Torres is exactly the sort of player who will give Taylor and Campbell massive problems, superb balance, turn of pace, effective feints and dribbles. tiote might have to give him an early "reducer".

not a bad side out for us - bar the centre-halves, and shola's form permitting.

Torres is exactly the sort of player who will give Taylor and Campbell massive problems, superb balance, turn of pace, effective feints and dribbles. tiote might have to give him an early "reducer".

Torres has no pace what so ever anymore. Seriously, he's a shadow of what he used to be and his goals this season has been pure luck.

Don't rate him any more. He looks fat.