Chris Hughton

stozo

Wasn't there also a rumour that Ashley/Llambias were annoyed with Hughton because of the way he was "lauding up" the praise from fans during the 5-1 game against the Mackems and not giving them any credit? :lol:

Was it reported in one of the papers that Llambias or Ashley tried to have some say in which players were picked or was that Keegan?

Iirc it was reported that before every game the manager would have to go into a meeting with Llambias and discuss "tactics" with him.

Llambias / Ashley considered themselves footballing men, therefore felt they should be able to weigh in on managerial decision-making IIRC.

Bad spells and embarrassing results. :lol:

Blitzed the Championship, 11th after half a season with a newly promoted team, playing Williamson and Simpson regularly yet still pumping five and six past teams at home, even without a crippled Ben Arfa, going to Goodison and the Emirates and winning.

Compared to 15th and staring at relegation with a team full of internationals. :lol:

Obviously if you selectively remember only the good parts of Hughton's reign and compare them with the absolute low point of Pardew you'd come to that conclusion.

Not sure what that has to do with my post.

You're having a go at the wrong people, the important people that he deserved more respect from aren't on here.

Sorry that still makes no sense, the thread was bumped to laugh at a couple of posters who recently showed Hughton too little respect.

If it was bumped for some other reason and I said 'it's the fans fault, shame on you getting him the sack!' your posts may have made more sense.

Maybe you are one of those who constantly called him a puppet, read my post and reacted through embarrassment?

It was a term banded about during his early tenure in the Championship, a term that I'll admit to even using myself. Yet post Christmas in the Championship was one of my favourite times in supporting the club. As I'm sure most on here will say and a lot will admit to using that term to him themselves in those early days.

Can't see what the point of bringing that up is meant to achieve btw? That we're not allowed to have an opinion on something then change our minds?

Blitzed the Championship, 11th after half a season with a newly promoted team, playing Williamson and Simpson regularly yet still pumping five and six past teams at home, even without a crippled Ben Arfa, going to Goodison and the Emirates and winning.

Compared to 15th and staring at relegation with a team full of internationals. :lol:

Obviously if you selectively remember only the good parts of Hughton's reign and compare them with the absolute low point of Pardew you'd come to that conclusion.

What were the low points of Hughton's reign then? Getting beat 3-1 away at WBA iirc. Oh no!

Wasn't there also a rumour that Ashley/Llambias were annoyed with Hughton because of the way he was "lauding up" the praise from fans during the 5-1 game against the Mackems and not giving them any credit? :lol:

Was it reported in one of the papers that Llambias or Ashley tried to have some say in which players were picked or was that Keegan?

Iirc it was reported that before every game the manager would have to go into a meeting with Llambias and discuss "tactics" with him.

Llambias / Ashley considered themselves footballing men, therefore felt they should be able to weigh in on managerial decision-making IIRC.

:laugh:

Sorry that still makes no sense, the thread was bumped to laugh at a couple of posters who recently showed Hughton too little respect.

If it was bumped for some other reason and I said 'it's the fans fault, shame on you getting him the sack!' your posts may have made more sense.

Maybe you are one of those who constantly called him a puppet, read my post and reacted through embarrassment?

I probably did call him a puppet at some stage but I also said during the first season up that he deserved at least the full season unless we were looking like going down because he had earned it.

You're having a go at the wrong people, the important people that he deserved more respect from aren't on here.

It was a term banded about during his early tenure in the Championship, a term that I'll admit to even using myself. Yet post Christmas in the Championship was one of my favourite times in supporting the club. As I'm sure most on here will say and a lot will admit to using that term to him themselves in those early days.

Can't see what the point of bringing that up is meant to achieve btw? That we're not allowed to have an opinion on something then change our minds?

I'll bite my tongue, some will always be fickle and then defensive if the slightest comment is made :)

I probably did call him a puppet at some stage but I also said during the first season up that he deserved at least the full season unless we were looking like going down because he had earned it.

I hope you're thoroughly embarrassed at yourself.

What were the low points of Hughton's reign then? Getting beat 3-1 away at WBA iirc. Oh no!

Everything he did as caretaker, consecutive home losses to Blackpool and Stoke, 1-5 away at Bolton on a run of five matches without a win culminating in his sacking.

I'd go on and list the good parts of Pardew's tenure, but it's not as if you don't remember them. You'd rather just ignore them on your quest to be needlessly condescending.

I'll bite my tongue, some will always be fickle and then defensive if the slightest comment is made :)

I actually don't think the majority on here are fickle at all and the majority on here are really clued up on all things football. The worst example of fickleness I'd probably say on here was during Ba's first few games.

I never said majority or anything like that, nice little twist though :)

I wasn't intending to put any twist on it, more-so that I was saying I really do value the opinions of the majority of members on here as it's by far the best footballing section of any forum I've ever posted on. That is simply because the majority of people on here certainly do know what they are talking about and far different from you average follower of football.

Everything he did as caretaker, consecutive home losses to Blackpool and Stoke, 1-5 away at Bolton on a run of five matches without a win culminating in his sacking.

I'd go on and list the good parts of Pardew's tenure, but it's not as if you don't remember them. You'd rather just ignore them on your quest to be needlessly condescending.

None of those are anything other than I expected from a newly promoted team. You obviously had higher expectations, which makes it so odd that you're backing the current manager. Why does he deserve to keep his job and Hughton didn't?

I never said majority or anything like that, nice little twist though :)

I wasn't intending to put any twist on it, more-so that I was saying I really do value the opinions of the majority of members on here as it's by far the best footballing section of any forum I've ever posted on. That is simply because the majority of people on here certainly do know what they are talking about and far different from you average follower of football.

I forgot to add apart from nuneaton of course.

None of those are anything other than I expected from a newly promoted team. You obviously had higher expectations, which makes it so odd that you're backing the current manager. Why does he deserve to keep his job and Hughton didn't?

I didn't make either of those claims (a. Pardew deserves to keep his job, b. Hughton didn't), I said that I don't see sufficient evidence to determine whether one is a better manager than the other.

I didn't make either of those claims (a. Pardew deserves to keep his job, b. Hughton didn't), I said that I don't see sufficient evidence to determine whether one is a better manager than the other.

I'd have thought Hughton being miles ahead in the same division with much poorer players was plenty evidence. It should have been obvious to you from watching their respective Newcastle sides play anyway imo.

I hope you're thoroughly embarrassed at yourself.

I am, nobody should ever have a change of mind, once you take up a position it should be with you for the rest of your life.

It's not about changing your mind, he was here for 18 months as manager, in that time he got us promoted and was midtable in the league before he was sacked.

At some point in that short time yourself and Tooj admitted you decided he was a puppet and gave him some stick. This is a bloke who had always been an assistant manager, had been given a rare chance to actually be the boss, worked under very difficult circumstances but got us back up and in a very good position when he left.

I would be quite embarrassed if in that short time scale, with that achievement I had insulted the bloke and called him a puppet even if it was just for a few months.

:dontknow:

It's not about changing your mind, he was here for 18 months as manager, in that time he got us promoted and was midtable in the league before he was sacked.

At some point in that short time yourself and Tooj admitted you decided he was a puppet and gave him some stick. This is a bloke who had always been an assistant manager, had been given a rare chance to actually be the boss, worked under very difficult circumstances but got us back up and in a very good position when he left.

I would be quite embarrassed if in that short time scale, with that achievement I had insulted the bloke and called him a puppet even if it was just for a few months.

:dontknow:

Calling somebody a puppet is hardly the end of the world, you're being far too sensitive.

We saw the best free flowing attacking football since SBR, under Hughton. In my opinion of course. We looked far better today than we have over the past year and a half, but it isn't quite clicking and hasn't been under Pardew. Normally I would also say the defence has improved post Hughton, apart from today, in general I think it has. Our attacking play however has stuttered and regressed. Could also be to do with player confidence too.

By all accounts he was being governed by players and that simply can't happen if you want to run a football club the way Mike Ashley wants it to be run. I am very happy for his success at Norwich so far though, he is a great guy and will always be cheered.

I'd have thought Hughton being miles ahead in the same division with much poorer players was plenty evidence. It should have been obvious to you from watching their respective Newcastle sides play anyway imo.

I'd have to say no, Norwich being five points ahead of us halfway into the season doesn't really offer me conclusive evidence that Hughton is a better manager.

Having watched both their Newcastle sides doesn't really convince me either. So either a. I'm stupid, or b. you're overestimating the quality of play under Hughton based on emotional distress due to our current bad run.

I'm kind of hoping it's not a.