Chris Hughton

stozo

He was sacked prematurely and deserved better, yes.

That said, if he was still around our team might still be revolving around Nolan and Barton.

don´t be silly.

the only manager that has dropped Jonas for Ben Arfa.

Tired of hearing about him, really. Happy that he's doing well, but it's got nothing to do with us.

It's hardly a surprise that he's being discussed when he's outclassing his replacement with a far inferior set of players. In that respect, it does have something to do with us.

That said, if he was still around our team might still be revolving around Nolan and Barton.

Based on what?

Didn't a team revolving around Nolan beat us comfortably a few weeks ago?

Sick of hearing "he deserved better, such dignity". He's simply a miles better manager.

Deserved more credit from a few while he was here, was nauseating reading about the 'puppet'.

It didn't matter what anybody on here thought about him, nobody on here sacked him and nobody on here was waiting in the wings for him to get sacked so they could take his job.

Deserved more credit from a few while he was here, was nauseating reading about the 'puppet'.

It didn't matter what anybody on here thought about him, nobody on here sacked him and nobody on here was waiting in the wings for him to get sacked so they could take his job.

Not sure what that has to do with my post.

Based on what exactly Columbo?

It was going around that part of the reason he was sacked was because he was too chummy with the senior players. I think it's a reasonable conjecture based on common knowledge that part of the reason that Ashley pulled the trigger so quickly was he didn't see a long term future with Nolan/Barton and Hughton was too close to them, and therefore would be unwilling to sell them/rebuild.

I can't prove any of this, of course.

Based on what?

Sick of hearing "he deserved better, such dignity". He's simply a miles better manager.

Spot on man.

It was going around that part of the reason he was sacked was because he was too chummy with the senior players. I think it's a reasonable conjecture based on common knowledge that part of the reason that Ashley pulled the trigger so quickly was he didn't see a long term future with Nolan/Barton and Hughton was too close to them, and therefore would be unwilling to sell them/rebuild.

Senior players like Smith (who he replaced with Tiote as soon as he got half a chance)?

:laugh:

Based on what?

That's just jumping to conclusions based on the heat of the moment.

We had our share of bad spells and embarrassing results with Hughton as well. Don't think either is appreciably better than the other.

Based on what?

That's just jumping to conclusions based on the heat of the moment.

We had our share of bad spells and embarrassing results with Hughton as well. Don't think either is appreciably better than the other.

What I see from Hughton that I don't in Pardew is that he sets his teams out with a particular gameplan and the players know exactly what they're doing with this. Our gameplan for the majority of this season under Pardew has been to not utilise our attacking talents correctly and to play a direct game when we don't have the players to do it.

That's what Golf mag said, iirc.

Still, it doesn't mean that he would have been "unwilling to sell them/rebuild".

That's what Golf mag said, iirc.

Still, it doesn't mean that he would have been "unwilling to sell them/rebuild".

Sounds like someone may having been jumping to conclusions in the heat of the moment?

Wasn't there also a rumour that Ashley/Llambias were annoyed with Hughton because of the way he was "lauding up" the praise from fans during the 5-1 game against the Mackems and not giving them any credit? :lol:

Bad spells and embarrassing results. :lol:

Blitzed the Championship, 11th after half a season with a newly promoted team, playing Williamson and Simpson regularly yet still pumping five and six past teams at home, even without a crippled Ben Arfa, going to Goodison and the Emirates and winning.

Compared to 15th and staring at relegation with a team full of internationals. :lol:

Wasn't there also a rumour that Ashley/Llambias were annoyed with Hughton because of the way he was "lauding up" the praise from fans during the 5-1 game against the Mackems and not giving them any credit? :lol:

Was it reported in one of the papers that Llambias or Ashley tried to have some say in which players were picked or was that Keegan?

Was it reported in one of the papers that Llambias or Ashley tried to have some say in which players were picked or was that Keegan?

Iirc it was reported that before every game the manager would have to go into a meeting with Llambias and discuss "tactics" with him.

Not sure what that has to do with my post.

You're having a go at the wrong people, the important people that he deserved more respect from aren't on here.

Sorry that still makes no sense, the thread was bumped to laugh at a couple of posters who recently showed Hughton too little respect.

If it was bumped for some other reason and I said 'it's the fans fault, shame on you getting him the sack!' your posts may have made more sense.

Maybe you are one of those who constantly called him a puppet, read my post and reacted through embarrassment?