Chris Hughton

stozo

The UEFA Cup is going to be car crash next season, Stoke, Birmingham, Fulham and Spurs reserves.

Fulham under Jol might not be bad to watch, certainly the most likeable out of that list (other than hughton factor  :smitten:)

Not arsed about Birmingham - as for Chris Hughton he's a good man in a fairly shitty industry so he deserves a break, but I'll not be partying if he does well or losing any sleep if it all goes pear shaped.

Birmingham City's Carson Yeung helps Hong Kong police

Birmingham City FC's president Carson Yeung is helping police in Hong Kong with criminal investigations, according to the club's website.

A statement put out by acting chairman Peter Pannu said Mr Yeung was assisting police in Hong Kong.

He said he believed the inquiries were nothing to do with the club's parent company or subsidiaries.

Birmingham International Holdings' lawyers had informed him of the situation, he said.

He said he had also been informed by the lawyers that Mr Yeung was assisting with inquiries that had nothing to do with BIHL in Hong Kong and therefore nothing to do with the operation of club.

"People are reminded that in recent years members of the previous board were placed on bail for a significant amount of time and nothing came of it," the statement said.

"I am only using this as an example to calm any fears."

The statement also said the law says a person is innocent until proven guilty and that until the club found out any more information there would be no further comment.

Yeung is Birmingham's largest single shareholder with a 29.9% stake.

Guest palnese

Birmingham City's Carson Yeung helps Hong Kong police

Birmingham City FC's president Carson Yeung is helping police in Hong Kong with criminal investigations, according to the club's website.

A statement put out by acting chairman Peter Pannu said Mr Yeung was assisting police in Hong Kong.

He said he believed the inquiries were nothing to do with the club's parent company or subsidiaries.

Birmingham International Holdings' lawyers had informed him of the situation, he said.

He said he had also been informed by the lawyers that Mr Yeung was assisting with inquiries that had nothing to do with BIHL in Hong Kong and therefore nothing to do with the operation of club.

"People are reminded that in recent years members of the previous board were placed on bail for a significant amount of time and nothing came of it," the statement said.

"I am only using this as an example to calm any fears."

The statement also said the law says a person is innocent until proven guilty and that until the club found out any more information there would be no further comment.

Yeung is Birmingham's largest single shareholder with a 29.9% stake.

The owner has been arrested  :lol:

:lol: :lol:

@SkyNewsBreak Sky News Newsdesk

Reuters: Birmingham City FC say Hong Kong police questioning owner Carson Yeung in money-laundering case

Finally, after a season and post season of being force fed meaty dog shit, something to bring a smile to the face.

@SkyNewsBreak Sky News Newsdesk

Reuters: Birmingham City FC say Hong Kong police questioning owner Carson Yeung in money-laundering case

Finally, after a season and post season of being force fed meaty dog shit, something to bring a smile to the face.

Tbf, them getting relegated must have been pretty good for you.

Guest teepee

they've got a decent squad and I think he could be just the right man to take them back up

bring in a few pl fringe players and they should be alright

good luck to him - decent bloke

• 4 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

They really are un terrible trouble now. A very real risk of administration by all accounts.

Like I said when he got appointed they had massive debts unknown to many on here and relegation was an utter disaster for them.  Amazing that West Ham and Birmingham haven't been able to get rid of their prize assets/big earners.

They really are un terrible trouble now. A very real risk of administration by all accounts.

Like I said when he got appointed they had massive debts unknown to many on here and relegation was an utter disaster for them.  Amazing that West Ham and Birmingham haven't been able to get rid of their prize assets/big earners.

And that West Ham see to be spending still.  Not sure how I want Brum to go.  lot of time for Hoots, but not keen on Birmingham as a club - in particular the fans I saw a few years ago at our FA cup game.