Enough is Enough

ChrisMcQuillan

Guest Blackandwhitearmy

Boycott the first ten minutes of the game, live on Tv would definitely get the message across?

Bit similar to that empty at start, then fills when they reach the time they'd agreed to boycott till?

But surelythe point of boycotting a game is to hit Ashley in the pocket?

Boycott the first ten minutes of the game, live on Tv would definitely get the message across?

Bit similar to that empty at start, then fills when they reach the time they'd agreed to boycott till?

But surelythe point of boycotting a game is to hit Ashley in the pocket?

There will be a high number of tickets already sold and Season tickets. It makes a point.

Anyone who says protesting affects the players, give your head a shake. They'd agree with any protest the fans are making.

I was vehemently against the boycotts last time, but I have to say I've changed my mind.

I think we need to accept at this point that this club is never going anywhere with Mike Ashley in charge. If he is allowed to stay he will eventually run us to the ground in one way or another.

If boycotts and protests mean relegation this season, then unfortunately I think that's a price we need to be willing to play to convince him to leave.

And yes, I realize that I don't really have a say in this, but that's my opinion.

I was vehemently against the boycotts last time, but I have to say I've changed my mind.

I think we need to accept at this point that this club is never going anywhere with Mike Ashley in charge. If he is allowed to stay he will eventually run us to the ground in one way or another.

If boycotts and protests mean relegation this season, then unfortunately I think that's a price we need to be willing to play to convince him to leave.

And yes, I realize that I don't really have a say in this, but that's my opinion.

So we'll put you name down for a protest?

Don't see the point in protesting. I just couldn't give a shit anymore. What's the point? He's not going to budge...he proved that last time. There's no one rich enough out there to buy us at the moment. We're fucked. And I'm done with this.

Like I said, I admit that I don't really have the ability to be a part of this discussion because of where I am.

What I said above is what I think though.

Like I said, I admit that I don't really have the ability to be a part of this discussion because of where I am.

Not trying to be funny with you bud, but saying the fans should protest, even if it costs us relegation while not attending yourself is ridiculous imo.

As much as people want to vent their anger and show Ashley their total disdain for his decision to sack Chris, all you will do in reality is make the club even harder to sell and bring the players morale to below zero.  Only a fucking joke of a manager (i.e. Kinnear) will manage us and it's certain that 08/09 will repeat and we will be down again.  Perhaps without a saint coming in like Chris Hughton to take us back up.  We could be following the path of Boro next season.

It's time to forget wasting your breath with protests, nearly every man and his dog that is involved in the media and football will be slating Ashley for this decision.  Ashley will hear about it.

Not trying to be funny with you bud, but saying the fans should protest, even if it costs us relegation while not attending yourself is ridiculous imo.

Maybe, but that's what I think. If I could I would.

Were between a rock and a hard place, its hard to say what action is applicable. It didn't work last time and caused disruptions but sitting about just taking it feels wrong. What do you do?

I know it feels wrong to do nothing, but I desperately don't want a repeat of 08/09.  It destoyed all hope of a decent manager coming in and made the club look the most over-priced and risky purchase ever.  It also totally destroyed the players and fans morale and contributed heavily to us being relegated. 

Personally, any protest should be just a simple letter, addressed to Mike Ashley at the club, saying how you feel.  It's not then in the media's eye so it doesn't damage the public perception any further.  If the club ends up with over 52K of letters saying "ashley your a cunt, we hate you" at least he/the club gets the message and it doesn't fuel another media storm that destoys the clubs image even further.  The press must be loving this, exactly what they want.  I bet reporters will be outside the club looking for protests already.

Very strange decision as Hughton was apparently on target to achieve what he was asked to do.

A certain irony however in seeing many of the same people who criticised his appointment as a cop out, Ashley's poodle etc are now threatening revolt etc because of his removal.

Guest neesy111

Were between a rock and a hard place, its hard to say what action is applicable. It didn't work last time and caused disruptions but sitting about just taking it feels wrong. What do you do?

I know it feels wrong to do nothing, but I desperately don't want a repeat of 08/09.  It destoyed all hope of a decent manager coming in and made the club look the most over-priced and risky purchase ever.  It also totally destroyed the players and fans morale and contributed heavily to us being relegated. 

Personally, any protest should be just a simple letter, addressed to Mike Ashley at the club, saying how you feel.  It's not then in the media's eye so it doesn't damage the public perception any further.  If the club ends up with over 52K of letters saying "ashley your a cunt, we hate you" at least he/the club gets the message and it doesn't fuel another media storm that destoys the clubs image even further.  The press must be loving this, exactly what they want.  I bet reporters will be outside the club looking for protests already.

No, it was Mike Ashleys actions the first place that got us into that mess.

Feeling apathetic to be honest, is this what my club stands for? This isn't Newcastle United and I don't like, I can quite easily see myself falling out of love with this club if Ashley remians at the helm.

:thup:

Maybe this is the time in life where I realise football is just something to take a look at on MOTD once every few weeks, and check up on the scores while doing something more important.

There's only so much it's worth putting up with, I know it sounds pathetic saying it, and I should support NUFC through anything, but it just seems like more trouble than it's worth at the moment.

Really down about it all :(

I mean really, as long as Mike Ashley is in charge of this club, what's the point?

We could get Mourinho and it would mean fuck all. He would continue to be undermined, he would get no money, and he would be sacked at the first chance.

You can't solve our problem without attacking the root cause, however painful that may be.

Feeling apathetic to be honest, is this what my club stands for? This isn't Newcastle United and I don't like, I can quite easily see myself falling out of love with this club if Ashley remians at the helm.

Maybe this is the time in life where I realise football is just something to take a look at on MOTD once every few weeks, and check up on the scores while doing something more important.

There's only so much it's worth putting up with, I know it sounds pathetic saying it, and I should support NUFC through anything, but it just seems like more trouble than it's worth at the moment.

Have to agree with you and Mistle17. It's difficult, especially when living that far away like I do.

No, it was Mike Ashleys actions the first place that got us into that mess.

Of course it was Ashley, my point was that the protests destroyed all hope of turning it around.  That's why we ended up with Kinnaer and all the players were shocking.  Protests do nothing than make the rest of the country laugh at us and fuel the media storm.  We will again end up with a Kinnear style manager because nobody decent wants to take on a club when the fans are protesting.  It will be relegation again.

Exactly my thoughts mate. It just seems like an absolute road to nowhere. The Keegan saga was hard enough to take as was relegation, but when there seems to be absolutely no hope of change in the ownership of our club it seems that we are destined for constant misery- and that's what NUFC does to me when we lose, makes me miserable. But this is far, far too far.

What's the point?

We simply do not matter to Mike Ashley at all. He doesn't give a fuck what we think, what we do or what we want.

We are nothing but a vessel to him.

He has his logo on OUR Gallowgate end.

He tried to rename OUR stadium sportsdirect.com@StJames' Park

He has his logos on boards all around OUR stadium and city.

I'm not with the cowards who think we should bend over and take it from this cunt anymore. It's time to make a stand.

We simply do not matter to Mike Ashley at all. He doesn't give a fuck what we think, what we do or what we want.

We are nothing but a vessel to him.

He has his logo on OUR Gallowgate end.

He tried to rename OUR stadium sportsdirect.com@StJames' Park

He has his logos on boards all around OUR stadium and city.

I'm not with the cowards who think we should bend over and take it from this cunt anymore. It's time to make a stand.

Great point.  He's just using us to promote his other business.  Doesn't care if we stay up or go down, as long as we hover in between.