Where next for Hughton?

La Parka

I honestly would not say there is a strong case that he'd do well as a manager somewhere else.

The reason he did well with us is that he stepped into a shyte situation, gave the "strong personalities" their say and got on with it. The squad liked and respected him because they could see the state the club was in when he took over. They (Hughton and players) were all in the crap together and together they came out of it and they did so fantastically well. For that reason he had a unique bond with the players and that factor, I would add, gave him strong credentials for being OUR manager. Put him straight into another club as manager and I'm not so sure it would work tbh....Deserves a job at a top club as an assistant manager imho. 

I honestly would not say there is a strong case that he'd do well as a manager somewhere else.

The reason he did well with us is that he stepped into a shyte situation, gave the "strong personalities" their say and got on with it. The squad liked and respected him because they could see the state the club was in when he took over. They (Hughton and players) were all in the crap together and together they came out of it and they did so fantastically well.  

Don't agree with that, coming in when moral is in the toilet the squad is in turmoil and no one really belives has to be harder than coming in when we are stable.

The reason he did well with us is that he stepped into a shyte situation, gave the "strong personalities" their say and got on with it. The squad liked and respected him because they could see the state the club was in when he took over. They (Hughton and players) were all in the crap together and together they came out of it and they did so fantastically well.  

Don't agree with that, coming in when moral is in the toilet the squad is in turmoil and no one really belives has to be harder than coming in when we are stable.

I'm sure it wasn't easy. He found a way to empower some strong characters and he made it work well. However I have my doubts that he could repeat that at another club in another situation. But whatever ...let's see where he goes.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

West Ham should be on the phone to him right now imo, he deserves a bigger and better club than them though.

:nods:

Plus he played for West Ham! Man, we could write a whole NOTW article about this.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I reckon he'll probably just go and buy the new Call of Duty game and prestige a few times while he mulls over his future.

He's too nice to level up man, he'll have the worst KD Ratio in the world. Just stands there and lets people shoot him, then apologises for wasting their bullets.

Why Ipswich mentioned so much? If it happened I'd blow my load. Would dream of seeing the man in the street so I can give him just one handshake and tell him I love him and want his babies.

But for the record, I reckon he'll do the same routine again. He'll go back to coach at first, but if they lose their manager, depending on the club he's at, I wouldn't be surprised to see him promoted again. Depends on whether he wants to take the chance again. I would say he wouldn't refuse.

Hope whoever he manages next destroy us whenever we play them.

No offense meant, but that is really a dumb statement!

All I hope is we sing his name for the full 90 minutes he's there. I don't care if it gets him and his team going. The man needs to be shown the love he deserves. Irks me that he didn't get a chance to say goodbye to the team ffs, he needs something.

Hope whoever he manages next destroy us whenever we play them.

No offense meant, but that is really a dumb statement!

All I hope is we sing his name for the full 90 minutes he's there. I don't care if it gets him and his team going. The man needs to be shown the love he deserves. Irks me that he didn't get a chance to say goodbye to the team ffs, he needs something.

That's perfectly understandable. But welcoming him back and chanting his name is different from wanting his new team to tonk us.