Alan Pardew

JH

Guest ovesbar

I think ovesbar is spot on tbh. 

Football fans may be fickle but not all of us believe in sacking a manager after a couple of bad results.

I can promise you that if we play as poor against Liverpool as we did against WBA and Bolton, people on here will go completely insane. Pardew faces an incredible difficult task, as he would not only have to keep us up, but he would have to impress most of us, both in terms of how they play and results. I have never said Pardew was the right man, or the way they did it was anything other than horrendous, but I think many on here would be calling for Hughtons head if we went 10 games without a win, and I think that was a very likely scenario. (Again, just my personal view based on what I have seen of us this season).

Dont know why I even bother..trying to defend some of this decision on this forum is like trying to speak about human rights in North Korea.

which players wife(s) is he supposed to have defiled anyway?

Jose Fonte's piece at Southampton.

google image search does not yield any results unfortunately :(

http://www3.pictures.fp.zimbio.com/Cassie+Sumner+Excercising+Park+I7gIhZLyxZNl.jpg

If i can talk that into bed, then there's hope for him getting results with the team then yeah ?

Football fans may be fickle but not all of us believe in sacking a manager after a couple of bad results.

I can promise you that if we play as poor against Liverpool as we did against WBA and Bolton, people on here will go completely insane. Pardew faces an incredible difficult task, as he would not only have to keep us up, but he would have to impress most of us, both in terms of how they play and results. I have never said Pardew was the right man, or the way they did it was anything other than horrendous, but I think many on here would be calling for Hughtons head if we went 10 games without a win, and I think that was a very likely scenario. (Again, just my personal view based on what I have seen of us this season).

Dont know why I even bother..trying to defend some of this decision on this forum is like trying to speak about human rights in North Korea.

Love that last line.

http://www3.pictures.fp.zimbio.com/Cassie+Sumner+Excercising+Park+I7gIhZLyxZNl.jpg

that's what he got sacked for rattling eh?  well, he's just gone up in my estimations

ALAN Pardew wasted no time worrying about getting the boot from West Ham. The day after he was sacked, Pards was out and about at a fashion show for the forthcoming ITV2 series 'WAGs Boutique', which stars Michael Essien's squeeze Cassie Sumner, Bobby Zamora's girlfriend Nicola Tappenden and Stewart Downing''s missus Michelle Henderson-Thynne.

You still aren't going anywhere with this argument. Your whole argument is based on a mystic meg type prediction. I can't be bothered to look at the facts right now but I'm pretty sure that under Hughton we have followed up most bad results with a good one.

How will protesting or booing affect the players ffs? Some of our thick fans boo them for draws at half time v Chelsea, they arent stupid they will know what the noise is about tomorrow if/when it happens.

I know, I don't get that either. Some of them are probably as angry as us(although their £200,000 or so this month will surely help them through). They know the craic, they won't be expecting any less.

The really sad truth is, that most, if not all the players that are of any great benefit to the team will be gone by the end of the season anyway

That's not really the truth, it's the most pessimistic prediction you could make.

How will protesting or booing affect the players ffs? Some of our thick fans boo them for draws at half time v Chelsea, they arent stupid they will know what the noise is about tomorrow if/when it happens.

I know, I don't get that either. Some of them are probably as angry as us(although their £200,000 or so this month will surely help them through). They know the craic, they won't be expecting any less.

The really sad truth is, that most, if not all the players that are of any great benefit to the team will be gone by the end of the season anyway

That's not really the truth, it's the most pessimistic prediction you could make.

I should haved added by Ashley and Pardrews Choice  :(

Guest ovesbar

You still aren't going anywhere with this argument. Your whole argument is based on a mystic meg type prediction. I can't be bothered to look at the facts right now but I'm pretty sure that under Hughton we have followed up most bad results with a good one.

Well we have gone 5 games without a win. Against teams we need to take points from, and we managed to get a lucky point against Chelsea in their worst form in the last decade. When our team only plays good in against the big teams, or our rivals I think the manager should take his part of the blame. Its not like its a slump in form, we have only managed to beat 1 of the 9 mid to down table teams we have met, and none at home.

The only thing I'm worried about with booing etc is that we really need the players and Pardew to be united as one team for the rest of the season.

Fair enough the players will know that the boos are directed at the board/manager, but we don't want them to resent Pardew or not be happy to work under him.

I know it's unavoidable and people have every right to protest, it's just a shame that it will undermine Pardew's chances to get the players on side.

If the players show and signs of disgust on the pitch they'll be crucified for it by the fans - I wonder how the players would feel trying to get on with it for the sake of the club and the fans are booing from the stands?

Its a tough call, not saying what's right or wrong, i'm totally undecided, its not ours or the players fault this situation was forced upon them.

Well we have gone 5 games without a win. Against teams we need to take points from, and we managed to get a lucky point against Chelsea in their worst form in the last decade. When our team only plays good in against the big teams, or our rivals I think the manager should take his part of the blame. Its not like its a slump in form, we have only managed to beat 1 of the 9 mid to down table teams we have met, and none at home.

Valid facts, but then factor in Injurys, suspensions and thread bare squad and where a newly promoted team,Then it don't look so cut and dry

Sorry mate you have your facts wrong, very wrong. Who cares if it is home or away? I didn't realise there was a rule in the league that said home wins are better than aways? Look I'm not going to carry on with this discussion because I'm at work and it's just silly.

that's what he got sacked for rattling eh?  well, he's just gone up in my estimations

:thup:

Guest ovesbar

Valid facts, but then factor in Injurys, suspensions and thread bare squad and where a newly promoted team,Then it don't look so cut and dry

I agree, and I am not saying Pardew wont continue this slump, in fact the way in which he was appointed will probably kill team morale in the short term. I am just hoping that Pardew somehow is a decent manager that has the tactical knowledge to get the results we need against lesser teams. For me, Hughton did not show that he could do just that. I am sure it wasnt just me that was frustrated with our recent performances.

Guest ovesbar

Sorry mate you have your facts wrong, very wrong. Who cares if it is home or away? I didn't realise there was a rule in the league that said home wins are better than aways? Look I'm not going to carry on with this discussion because I'm at work and it's just silly.

Please enlighten me. What is so wrong about my facts? Do you categorize Everton, Villa and Arsenal as mid to downtable teams? Ill give you Sunderland, but again, that is a local derby which doesnt take away the point about being motivated.

Please enlighten me. What is so wrong about my facts? Do you categorize Everton, Villa and Arsenal as mid to downtable teams? Ill give you Sunderland, but again, that is a local derby which doesnt take away the point about being motivated.

Just going by the facts ie the league table.

Guest ovesbar

So if Blackpool was in the top 5 when we met them, you would classify them as one of the top teams? Most of us know that its not Everton and Villa we will be fighting against when it comes to relegation. Its Wigan, Blackburn, WBA and so on.

I agree, and I am not saying Pardew wont continue this slump, in fact the way in which he was appointed will probably kill team morale in the short term. I am just hoping that Pardew somehow is a decent manager that has the tactical knowledge to get the results we need against lesser teams. For me, Hughton did not show that he could do just that. I am sure it wasnt just me that was frustrated with our recent performances.

I really don't know what to say to that tbh, just remeber that a better manager the Padrew could not even beat the worst side in  prem history

So if Blackpool was in the top 5 when we met them, you would classify them as one of the top teams? Most of us know that its not Everton and Villa we will be fighting against when it comes to relegation. Its Wigan, Blackburn, WBA and so on.

Yeah but a 6.0 win over villa far outways getting beat by Blackpool thats football

Guest Geordiesned

Looked like the windows had been smashed in the clubshop this morning when i drove past.Coppers were there.

Was it club shop at SJP? Mate told me this morning and I assumed it was club shop up there but never clarified.

I don't know if this has been posted but here you go anyway. Liked the Casino Crony bit

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alan-Pardew-will-have-to-see-off-a-dressing-room-revolt-when-he-takes-his-first-training-session-as-Newcastle-manager-on-Friday-article648299.htmlNewcastle stars in revolt

Published 23:01 09/12/10 By Simon Bird - Exclusive

Alan Pardew will have to see off a dressing room revolt when he takes his first training session as Newcastle manager.

Pardew has begged Newcastle's furious players not to "resent" him after the stars held a fiery showdown with MD Derek Llambias on Thursday morning.

In a nothing-off-limits, clear-the-air meeting, Llambias faced the wrath of senior stars who quizzed him on why Chris Hughton was fired and expressed bewilderment that he was replaced by a manager of Pardew's standing.

That confrontation turned into an open shouting match, which saw Llambias accused of appointing a 'casino crony' who will simply be a 'yes man'.

The row triggered a major damage limitation exercise by Pardew, who immediately held talks with skipper Kevin Nolan, and said: "It is obvious the players and the fans had a great amount of respect for Chris Hughton, and the fact he has gone has caused a stir.

"People are upset about it and the problem I've got initially is with the players and making sure I get my message across with clarity and quickly.

"I hope they don't carry any resentment towards me. I've contacted Kevin Nolan,and I will be speaking to all the players tomorrow [Friday]. It's been quite difficult.

"I can't think of a player in the group that I've managed before, so I'm going to be something of a mystery to them. I have to make sure the players understand I'm a fair manager.

"It's a tough challenge. I need to make sure there isn't a massive impact on the team. Obviously this week there has been an impact on them, and that is not good for any group of players. It's important I bring some stability back to the dressing room and calm their fears."

Pardew will hold a team meeting and training session on Friday morning and is also braced for fan protests against the turmoil caused this week before Saturday's home clash with Liverpool.

He added: "It is not something I want and I certainly hope it doesn't last too long. But if there is a protest for Chris in terms of a nice protest and fans wanting to show him their support then I don't have a problem with that. That is their right.

"But I hope that anything like that is over with quickly and they start supporting their team. I hope the protest is channeled into supporting the team. It is not about me after all, it is about the club. And we are going to need a lot of help to get past Liverpool who have just hit a bit for form."

Pardew signed a five-and-a-half year deal worth £450,000 a year, making him one of the lowest paid bosses in the top flight. However, there are big bonuses on offer for hitting targets including staying up and a wins target that, if passed, could earn him £1.5m.

MirrorSport can reveal that sacked boss Hughton picked up a pay-off of just £125,000 from Newcastle - half his annual salary and the equivalent of around two weeks' wages for the top earning players.