Alan Pardew

JH

True, but i'm not getting involved in blowing Pardew for great tactics. Two poor sides for me.

I thought that we were by far the better team and should have won by a few more goals, I only remember Harper making 1 decent save.  Other than that he had nothng to do even if they did hit the woodwork.

We shredded the woodwork tonight like

Think we won despite him.

Possibly but winning is all that matters.

True, but i'm not getting involved in blowing Pardew for great tactics. Two poor sides for me.

So when we win it's two poor sides, when we lose to the likes of City and Spurs, nothing to do with the superior quality of the opposition, just Pardew's fault. Right!

Guest Mantis

Think we won despite him.

Possibly but winning is all that matters.

So when we win it's two poor sides, when we lose to the likes of City and Spurs, nothing to do with the superior quality of the opposition, just Pardew's fault. Right!

Wrong. I didn't comment after those two games. And today there was a lack of quality, could have had 5 if not for that lack of quality.

The guy has absolutely no right to be at a football club like ours.

Ashley struck lucky with Hughton, he'll not do the same this time.

I can see past a lot of Ashley errors but come on; Alan Fucking Pardew in charge of one of the biggest clubs in the country. Give me a fucking break.

Cringe-tastic.

Tis true Baggio.

One of Englands most prestigious clubs with a league one manager.

He'll not have my support.

The team - Yes

Pardew - No.

:lol: The badge is the only thing that matters and those XI that wear it. If you don't want to support the manager as well, don't bother, but don't actively campaign against him, it does nothing to help the team at the moment.

He didn't do much, if anything at all, wrong today, looking at it from the outside.

This doesn't mean I'd be dancing through hoops that he's the manager but he did his job well for this match so for all the criticism he gets, credit where credit's due.

Got to admit I've enjoyed what I've heard from Pardew so far. I was gutted when he wa appointed but he seems a pretty positive guy. 

I think he has the right attitude to be a winner, he just needs the time, backing and a little bit of luck to do it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Got to admit I've enjoyed what I've heard from Pardew so far. I was gutted when he wa appointed but he seems a pretty positive guy. 

I think he has the right attitude to be a winner, he just needs the time, backing and a little bit of luck to do it.

He doesn't have the key skills to be a winner though, as his career record has shown. The luck will not come his way either, he is manager of the most volotile club in the country. He doesn't have an ounce of support on the stands either. I hate to be so defeatist but he is bound to fail and almost certain to do so in a big way, mostly because he's simply not good enough but also because he's always going to be a 1 defeat away from being... type of manager in the eyes of fans.

Having said all that it would be bloody typical of NUFC for him to actually go on to become some kind of messiah on Tyneside.

Sadly I see nothing but failure ahead for our club under his management.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He doesn't have the key skills to be a winner though, as his career record has shown. The luck will not come his way either, he is manager of the most volotile club in the country. He doesn't have an ounce of support on the stands either. I hate to be so defeatist but he is bound to fail and almost certain to do so in a big way, mostly because he's simply not good enough but also because he's always going to be a 1 defeat away from being... type of manager in the eyes of fans.

Having said all that it would be bloody typical of NUFC for him to actually go on to become some kind of messiah on Tyneside.

I really do see where you are coming from, but, Keegan aside, this is the first time the club have had the chance to put a manager in place that they actually want. Im not counting Hughton as he was a victim of circumstance and the owners got lucky and JK well he was just a stop gap.

Any manager is the same, if they are given the tools to do the job, they are more likely to succeed. I know there will be a lot of people saying Ashley wont spend money, he is tight blah, blah blah, but i fail to see how not backing a manager particularly when the squad that has some of the best players we have seen in recent year, will be anything other than counterproductive.

If he has a couple of decent windows and adds another defender, attacking midfielder and forward of Tiotes/HBA standard, we are going to be very well equipped and he will have tools at his disposal the likes of which he has never had.

If this happens and he still fails, he really is shit :)

Football has a way of continiuing to surprise.

Win on Wednesday and I'd say that's us pretty safe.

No chance! :lol: Still long way to go.

If we win on Wednesday (which I don't think we will anyway), then we'll potentially be 8/9 points clear on the relegation zone.

We wouldn't definitely be safe, but we'd be in a very very comfortable position.

2 wins out of 4. Not bad, especially considering the opposition.

Steady. Probably got 2 more points then I would've expected (Liverpool win).

The real tests will be the next 4 league games imo. 6+ points from them and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Does anybody else watch his interviews and think he's an absolute moron? Managerial skill/ability aside, he just strikes me as thick as mince.

I get the impression there's a 'Beginner's Book to Interviews' in his pocket, full of the greatest Managerial Cliché answers known to man. The way he can reel them out is very impressive.

To me, he sounds like he does know what he's talking about, and he knows all the right things to say.

His problem is he looks like a c***, sounds like a c*** and generally goes about it in a cuntish way.