Alan Pardew

JH

Guest firetotheworks

'When a player wants away, there's very little you can do' etc.

What a fucking mess. From Hughton and Carroll to Pardew and Shola. It's fucking disgusting.

One thing I can guarantee, having spoke to Mike Ashley, is that every penny will go back into the club. Mike’s assured me he won’t take a penny out of the transfer.

:pow:

:iamatwat:

One thing I can guarantee, having spoke to Mike Ashley, is that every penny will go back into the club. Mike’s assured me he won’t take a penny out of the transfer.

Well I'm convinced  :lol:

Cali is spot on.

I think the N'Zogbia bid wasn't serious as well.

What wasn't serious about it?

They probably knew it wouldn't be accepted and did it to look like they were trying to do something.

Wigan accepted £9m in the summer. So I would say 10-12m was a good bid.

I don't get this "fake transfer bids" bullshit. What incentive does Mike Ashley have to participate in that sort of charade.

He clearly doesn't give a shit what we think.

One thing I can guarantee, having spoke to Mike Ashley, is that every penny will go back into the club. Mike’s assured me he won’t take a penny out of the transfer

Maybe I'm reading too much into it BUT every penny back into the club does not necessarily mean transfers

Guest Roger Kint

One thing I can guarantee, having spoke to Mike Ashley, is that every penny will go back into the club. Mikes assured me he wont take a penny out of the transfer

Maybe I'm reading too much into it BUT every penny back into the club does not necessarily mean transfers

Of course not, as the next accounts are due am sure theres a nice big loss to shoehorn a fair chunk of that £35m into.......

One thing I can guarantee, having spoke to Mike Ashley, is that every penny will go back into the club. Mike’s assured me he won’t take a penny out of the transfer

What Pardew is saying is 100% truth. Ashley can't legally just throw the money in his pocket. (unless it's used to pay back the money that's owed to himself.... But what incentive does he have to do that?)

But like you say "into the club" doesn't necessarily mean "into new players."

I believe everything Pardew's saying. The only doubts i have is about the last bit, about it all going back into the club. The only way we'll know that for certain is if we spend £35m in the summer.

I get the feeling it's going to be a tedious, tedious summer.

I believe everything Pardew's saying. The only doubts i have is about the last bit, about it all going back into the club. The only way we'll know that for certain is if we spend £35m in the summer.

I get the feeling it's going to be a tedious, tedious summer.

Pretty much this :thup:

Those Pardew quotes are pretty much what I guessed the situation was.

We all know the club are playing hardball over transfers and contracts now... not spending big money and trying to cut wages. Therefore offering Carroll another new contract would never be on the cards for them.

So club line.. he wanted more money to match what Liverpool offered him we said no so he handed in a transfer request.. kind of fits with Carroill's they kind of pushed me out bollocks.

Yup. If that did occur, I don't have to much of a problem with how things trinspired in the end (just gutted that it happend at all).

Going to hold him to the 'not a penny lost' line though.

Agree with those who draw attention to the use of words by Pardew, money going in to the club is indeed different from money going into players. Fwiw I think the club will invest in players this summer (assuming we stay up) and I think the investment will not just be on lower league potential. But whether it matches the Carroll money is another matter. No capital outlay to me means that the investment in HBA and the players bought last year has to be funded as well.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Going to hold him to the 'not a penny lost' line though.

Just like the "Andy Carroll is going nowhere" line?

The club's turnover is such that they can say they've spent the £35m on the club without spending a penny of it on transfers. It's out-of-contract freebies or nearly-out-of-contract cheapies for us, with the occasional "we'll get more for them than this in a year or two" foreign or young players that Graham Carr can unearth. At least it's not Dennis Wise any more, I suppose.

Sports Direct@St James'. The clue is in the name.  :no:

Guest johnson293

As far as the transfer policy goes, was it not stated a while back that we now pay fees in full upfront, but always receive money for players in installments? So we have no ongoing debts for players, but have a steady income stream from those we sell?

Or would this be a £35m up front deal, due to the sum of the Torres deal?

Point is - if we are receiving the Carroll fee in installments, then we'd never have '£35m' to spend at once anyway, if indeed it is all invested back into the playing side.