Alan Pardew

JH

I for one think we are in a transition period. We will finish mid table this season aswell. Maybe next too, then we might push for the higher ends. We will get more talented players. Some of our more talented players will leave for CL chasing clubs during this period, thats a part of the plan to raise the funds needed to make a push.

A push for a top side costs sustainable amount of dosh theese days. If we aren't a well run club to start with we have no chance to get up there without going into bankruptcy if we fail. A part of the plan should be, if things fail, we won't die as a club like leeds. But with the kind of base allready here the club should be able to push higher and fall back on the loyalty of the fans if it fails to do so. And then again raise the funds over a couple of years and get rid of the players who failed the push. Do it over and over again you will end up like tottenham.

All their players got decent wages, modric was on what? less then 50k? I so bet we bid alot more then that for him during the shepherd time.

Be a cold f***ing day in hell before I think myself lucky that this shithead is manager of Newcastle.

Name an available and willing alternative, shithead or not, and there could be a discussion. He's alright for now imo.

Guest BooBoo

I for one think we are in a transition period. We will finish mid table this season aswell. Maybe next too, then we might push for the higher ends. We will get more talented players. Some of our more talented players will leave for CL chasing clubs during this period, thats a part of the plan to raise the funds needed to make a push.

A push for a top side costs sustainable amount of dosh theese days. If we aren't a well run club to start with we have no chance to get up there without going into bankruptcy if we fail. A part of the plan should be, if things fail, we won't die as a club like leeds. But with the kind of base allready here the club should be able to push higher and fall back on the loyalty of the fans if it fails to do so. And then again raise the funds over a couple of years and get rid of the players who failed the push. Do it over and over again you will end up like tottenham.

All their players got decent wages, modric was on what? less then 50k? I so bet we bid alot more then that for him during the shepherd time.

This is what we're dealing with in 2011. Astonishing.

Be a cold f***ing day in hell before I think myself lucky that this shithead is manager of Newcastle.

Name an available and willing alternative, shithead or not, and there could be a discussion. He's alright for now imo.

Sad but true; there is no decent manager alive that would even consider working under Ashley and Llambias. Or dead, either.

This is what we're dealing with in 2011. Astonishing.

:lol:

Guest BooBoo

You could easily ask do you want your club to be reliant on the double neck in london, or do you want it to be a self ran buisness?

Just call it a night, mate.

You could easily ask do you want your club to be reliant on the double neck in london, or do you want it to be a self ran buisness?

I would like at least one left back in the first-team squad.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Wish we could just keep a manager for more than five minutes. Who can really say, with any authority, he's still going to be here at Xmas?

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1633/seasons.gif

Eventually we're going to be changing managers every bloody week.

It feels like so long since we weren't shit.

(I'm not including when last years team was good because they've sold half of it)

I agree thats the way to approach it. But its far from certain thats what Ashley is doing - he may want to run a Premier League side as cheaply as possible - survival every year as the aim. If selling our  best players is the plan then we will never not be 'in a transistion period'. In fact I can barely remember the last time we werent 'in transition', although you could also call it shambling from one crisis to the next, which is what selling our best players every year will amount to.

Guest BooBoo

Jesus Christ. We KNOW for a fact that Ashley employed Pardew with the remit of reducing costs and debt thus making the club more viable to sell.

There is no plan in place, no long term strategy. The idea is to sell off the big wage earners and replace them with cheap imports who commnad lower wages. If they succeed on the pitch then they can be sold off for profit. If they fail, the financial punch doesn't bruise much.

Its a huge gamble that this strategy will keep the club in the PL as the players and fans become more disillusioned as blue chip players are sold off to be replaced by unproven players or nobody. The circle will continue until a buyer shows his hand and the Ashley nightmare will be at an end.

Jesus Christ. We KNOW for a fact that Ashley employed Pardew with the remit of reducing costs and debt thus making the club more viable to sell.

There is no plan in place, no long term strategy. The idea is to sell off the big wage earners and replace them with cheap imports who commnad lower wages. If they succeed on the pitch then they can be sold off for profit. If they fail, the financial punch doesn't bruise much.

Its a huge gamble that this strategy will keep the club in the PL as the players and fans become more disillusioned as blue chip players are sold off to be replaced by unproven players or nobody. The circle will continue until a buyer shows his hand and the Ashley nightmare will be at an end.

Wehey, it's class when it gets laid out like this every day

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle's manager rejected suggestions that Mike Ashley, the club's owner, was dragging his transfer market heels. "I think he's very much aware of our needs," Pardew said. "I don't think I need to nudge Mike any more – I've nudged him enough!"