Alan Pardew

JH

It was 18 feet back in the day, something like 5 metres. You can defintely see a slope from the milburn.

:lol: That's the size of a house, the ball would run down the pitch. You on the wind up here?

It must be more than 3ft. Over that distance the eye would never be able to detect it.

:lol:

3 metres. :lol: :lol:

http://everydayfunnyfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/slope-football-field.jpg

Surely he meant it as some sort of metaphor? Having played on the pitch (:fwap:) there isn't a noticeable 'slope', however it's far from level. I can remember it tailing off a bit towards the Strawberry Corner in-particular. But not enough of a ditch for Pardew to identify it as a footballing advantage. :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm sure there was a video where you could actually see it by the way the ball rolled, it was mid 80's I think?

It's going to be hard to find like! :lol:

It was 18 feet back in the day, something like 5 metres. You can defintely see a slope from the milburn.

:lol: That's the size of a house, the ball would run down the pitch. You on the wind up here?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Club/History/StJamesPark

Back in Victorian Tyneside, St James Park was barely a rough patch of grazing land and had a notorious slope, a drop of fully 18 feet from the north to south goal. Local butchers could still graze their animals on the pitch before being led to slaughter!

I quite enjoyed the last two Q & A's he did, came across pretty well I thought.

The last one was brilliant just for the caller who opened with "Hellaw Pards, y'areet?"

:lol: :lol: Forgot about that. Didn't this place get a mention too?

I quite enjoyed the last two Q & A's he did, came across pretty well I thought.

The last one was brilliant just for the caller who opened with "Hellaw Pards, y'areet?"

:lol: :lol: Forgot about that. Didn't this place get a mention too?

:snod:

Skirge's text was also read out.

It'll probably be a damn sight easier for Pardew this time around what with him/us doing so well at the moment. Obviously though he's a smooth customer and he'll be able to silver fox his way around any tough questions.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Club/History/StJamesPark

Back in Victorian Tyneside, St James Park was barely a rough patch of grazing land and had a notorious slope, a drop of fully 18 feet from the north to south goal. Local butchers could still graze their animals on the pitch before being led to slaughter!

:rose:

But back to Pardew, still happy with everything.  November's going to be very tough and very ugly and anything more than 3 points (I think we have enough to beat Everton at home) will be miraculous imo.  But not worried about those points, I'm more interested in seeing how, or if, he'll pick the team back up.