Alan Pardew

JH

Only on N-O could somebody find reason to mess with a system up top that includes the league's 3rd top goalscorer. :lol:

Only a fool would put that down to Best or Ameobi being up there with him. :lol:

Ba is top-class and would score goals on his own imo, stick HBA off him and I don't think he'd score fewer, and Best's hardly setting the goal charts alight this season.

I'm putting it down to him playing better with a partner, as 99% of goalscorers do.

He's scoring loads of goals and we need a better partner for him who can contribute some of his own - that isn't and never will be Ben Arfa. End of story.

He hasn't got A BETTER PARTNER that's what we judge the games on right now. I'm not disagreeing with you...But we just have to be more cogent with posession and that normally means shorter passing if possible and the team moving up as a whole when the chance arises.

Only on N-O could somebody find reason to mess with a system up top that includes the league's 3rd top goalscorer. :lol:

He's scoring them HIMSELF YOU IDIOT.

I'm an idiot for wanting to stick with something that works?

It's not working though.

Ronaldo is crazy sometimes like.

Ba, is a complete striker. Its not like we need a Best or Ameobi next to him.

When did we last try something else?

Yes, he will score more with a tank forward next to him if we keep hoffing the ball, but we don`t keep possession, we have no play on our own.

It exposes out defense when we are not able to keep the ball in the team.

He will keep scoring, and our team might be able to control games and create more with some better more creative players next to him.

I have missed tonights game due to the work Xmas party but one thing to consider is how tight the early season games were. We could have easily got worse results against arsenal, Sunderland, fulham , villa (bent missed an open goal at 1-0), qpr, wolves, everton, Blackburn (they hit the post at 2-1) and man u. I may have even missed one. I think it's pretty clear that luck was with our side then and it's probably disappeared now with the Chelsea, norwich, Swansea and tonights game. I think we're clearly mid table side who had some results go our way earlier in the year.

It's becoming more even now and we'll slowly slip down the table.

And when did I say that? We need someone next to him who can score goals and create space.

or players to vreate for him and feed off his work, not necessarily someone up alongside him.

Defensive line was baffling today, did not understand it. Threw Ben Arfa on at the right time, should have been for the woeful Jonas or Obertan instead of Best who was terrific first half.

Important that he alters something for Bolton. Hopefully we'll have the Reebok dreamteam reunited on boxing day (Willicini).

Feed off what work? He's not the type of player who should be grafting to bring others into the game, that should be left to someone else.

Stick HBA behind him for a sustained period and you wouldn't need players to graft to feed him. We'd have someone with the ability to set him up...like the chances at City & Man Utd, like the goal tonight...

Feed off what work? He's not the type of player who should be grafting to bring others into the game, that should be left to someone else.

Stick HBA behind him for a sustained period and you wouldn't need players to graft to feed him. We'd have someone with the ability to set him up...like the chances at City & Man Utd, like the goal tonight...

We have no goals from the defence and no goals from the midfield, and you want a player with less than 20 league goals in his career partnering Ba?

We need a new striker to partner him, it's as simple as that.

And when did I say that? We need someone next to him who can score goals and create space.

My point, and i was not clear about it in my post is that he would work in a 433 imo.

Use HBA and Jonas, or even Obertan as the two support strikers.

Keep the ball on the deck and feed Ba with balls.

I know i should not compare them, but Rvp`s role in Arsenal, Drogba in Chelsea.(Drogba more a target man tbf)

I know they have better players around them,  but HBA and Obertan is more suited for that role imo.

Our midtfiled 3 are not that bad, with Tiote Cabaye and Jonas(Gosling, Guthrie Vuckic)

I just want us to try it, as i don`t think the 442 we are playing now are bringing the best out of our lads.

Needs to have a bit of a re-think with his tactics at the minute, we're simply not creative enough from open play and are far too narrow too, considering the system we've adopted.

Our movement was horrible watching, the way West Brom switched it about at times was unbelievable, compared to our slow and lethargic style.

He's clueless.

The first two goals come through the middle so if he's going to change something you would think he might bring on Williamson for Perch, no he takes the left back off for Ryan bastard Taylor and where does the ball come from for the next goal.  Yes, right where Ryan bastard Taylor should have been defending but wasn't because he was hiding again.

Best and Obertan were itching to be taken off at half time yet the change only takes place once the crowd virtually tells the manager what to do, he's a clueless clown.

When Cabaye comes back he needs to bring him straight back into the team and drop Best for Vuckic and drop Obertan for Ben Arfa.

Every time West Brom went forward, they looked like scoring. That says it all.

Seriously f***ed up tonight. He's starting to lose the credibility and faith that he worked so hard to build up.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He needs to drop Obertan. He was absolutely fucking garbage today, again.

Shola on the right wing, too? Taking the piss, surely.

He wasn't really on the wing, we just got rid of the right wing and told Simpson to do a job there :yao:

We're 3 points clear still of 8th, still only 3 adrift of 6th and have a decent gap over the rest. Granted if we don't pick up a few points in the next few games we'll be in a battle for 7th, but to say he's "thrown the good start down the toilet" is a complete disservice to what he's done this season.

He's only just starting to have to make decisions and they're turning to shit.