Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Pards saying we have sent out a warning to all clubs we won't be accepting any of the late deal stuff IE the Carroll deal.

Not a we are not selling just a we won't sell late in the window.

Fantastic :lol:

On the contrary, people around me were getting very pissed off with the constant stream of long balls aimed at Best against West Brom. It was the same at Bolton, every time Krul got it, you'd think the ref had told him to give it back to Jaaskelainen.

Pards saying we have sent out a warning to all clubs we won't be accepting any of the late deal stuff IE the Carroll deal.

Did he really say that or did he simply say "we won't be accepting any offers late in the window"? There's a massive difference.

Did he really say that or did he simply say "we won't be accepting any offers late in the window"? There's a massive difference.

Its not word for word but get SSN they will show it again

but was deffo around those lines warning all clubs we won;t do deals late on the Carroll deal hurt us.

On the contrary, people around me were getting very pissed off with the constant stream of long balls aimed at Best against West Brom. It was the same at Bolton, every time Krul got it, you'd think the ref had told him to give it back to Jaaskelainen.

they're more justified in being annoyed than folk who moan because we're 'just keeping it' imo

"I don't think we'll be bringing in a striker in this window after the collapse of (Modibo) Maiga which we put a lot of work into, so I think as far as we're concerned, we'll go with what we've got.

Asked if there was any chance of resurrecting any form of deal for the Sochaux forward:

"No, that wasn't a strategy to do that, it was just unfortunate. These things happen and we'll have to do a lot of work between now and the summer to locate another striker.

"You have to pay over the odds if you want to invest in this window but we won't be in for a striker.

"We need to bring in a defender."

Great  :buck2:

*Fast forward to January 31st*

Man City: "We'll give you £50m plus Onouha and Dzeko for James Perch"

NUFC: "Nah, no chance. We're not selling today"

"I don't think we'll be bringing in a striker in this window after the collapse of (Modibo) Maiga which we put a lot of work into, so I think as far as we're concerned, we'll go with what we've got.

Asked if there was any chance of resurrecting any form of deal for the Sochaux forward:

"No, that wasn't a strategy to do that, it was just unfortunate. These things happen and we'll have to do a lot of work between now and the summer to locate another striker.

"You have to pay over the odds if you want to invest in this window but we won't be in for a striker.

Goes without saying, obviously, but that's pretty fucking abysmal. They'll have had a year and a half to replace Carroll by the time next summer comes around.

Goes without saying, obviously, but that's pretty f***ing abysmal. They'll have had a year and a half to replace Carroll by the time next summer comes around.

Inexcusable really.

That doesn't add up with the usual "we have to see who's available during the window" etc. I still think if there's a striker we've looked at available at the right (cheap) price for us, we'll get one, nowt wrong with dampening expectations.

OK OK, you know what I meant; why pose that (seemingly) odd question?

I would have agreed with you before it became known that we no longer want a forward and have now switched our attentions to a defender.