Alan Pardew

JH

Pardew's biggest achievement is building up a tight defense and a strong core, which was based on the leftover of Hughton.

In terms of attacking play, to be honest, neither are at much fault for this. To play attacking and attractive football you have to have defenders and midfielders who are able to make short passes. Or else they can just hoof it.  There's a point mentioned in the match thread which is very valid - Colo seems to pass back the ball to Krul a lot more than before.  Well this is simple, Simpson and Willi couldn't make short passes with the midfielders well, Raylor is just average, so the opponents only need to block Colo's passing options, and we will end up hoofing the ball forward by Krul, Willi or Simpson. I wonder how we can play like Arsenal with players like these.

Thus I am not blaming Pardew much for the long ball tactics.  I would say it is extremely worrying though becoz it seems like our weaknesses have been found out by other teams, especially after the loss of Saylor. Thus I do prefer to sign defenders rather than strikers in this window, especially a right back. 

Guest Dontooner

Pardew's biggest achievement is building up a tight defense and a strong core, which was based on the leftover of Hughton.

In terms of attacking play, to be honest, neither are at much fault for this. To play attacking and attractive football you have to have defenders and midfielders who are able to make short passes. Or else they can just hoof it.  There's a point mentioned in the match thread which is very valid - Colo seems to pass back the ball to Krul a lot more than before.  Well this is simple, Simpson and Willi couldn't make short passes with the midfielders well, Raylor is just average, so the opponents only need to block Colo's passing options, and we will end up hoofing the ball forward by Krul, Willi or Simpson. I wonder how we can play like Arsenal with players like these.

Thus I am not blaming Pardew much for the long ball tactics.  I would say it is extremely worrying though becoz it seems like our weaknesses have been found out by other teams, especially after the loss of Saylor. Thus I do prefer to sign defenders rather than strikers in this window, especially a right back. 

Yeah dont blame your Manager when things aint working, its always your workers fault. They are not punctual , not productive , not following instructions , not up to standard, making up excuses etc. Just keep replacing them till every single thing falls in place...

Quit being naive, there is a difference in sheer quality and mediocrity.

I am not for one expecting to be in the top 4 nonsense but we are obviously not progressing  into the type of football Newcastle Fans have been wanting. Just entertaining Stuff, just the stuff Pardew said we were going to be transiting into.

Now look at how the other teams below us are playing,  could you honestly say , we are introducing a better brand of football to the League Or They with lesser players are just making their midfield work and synchronize.....

The debate is Martin Jol,Roy Hodgson and Harry rednapp could transform or convert crap team into playing sides. How they perform is a another debate but how they play is all eyes... Pardew will never get there. Never happened under Souness, and all the shit Managers we had since then.

One last thing Bobby got us playing some good counter attacking football ( we did hoof it up quite often under his regime ) and we could easily control 15 mins of the like a big team could. We had much worst defenders then , But we could overachieve , the simple reason that we had a quality Manager!

"When your brain is at its capacity but the body isnt , that's your full potential."

So u are comparing a top 4 team with a pair of superb wingers, the dynamite Shearer Bellamy combo and the Speed Dyer partnership,  with our team that is full of incompetent players like obertan and Simpson?

Seriously, if u rlly think we got a great squad of players, then sorry this is not the case. And for those manager u mentioned, where are their teams finished? or should we.play like Blackpool last season?

Naive?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Alan Pardews biggest challenge now is to take u's from a mid table team to one that can comfortably cement u's as the 7th best team in England

He needs to see that our squad is a mixed bunch and know where he has to strengthen

First team

Tiote

Ba

Krul

Colo

Staylor

Cabaye

First team/squad rotation

Gutierrez

Rtaylor

Guthrie

Ameobi

Willo

Santon

Marveux

Gosling

Not good enough

Simpson

Loven

Ranger

Smith

that bottom 4 need to go along with a couple of the middle group without losing any of the top group

Guest Dontooner

So u are comparing a top 4 team with a pair of superb wingers, the dynamite Shearer Bellamy combo and the Speed Dyer partnership,  with our team that is full of incompetent players like obertan and Simpson?

Seriously, if u rlly think we got a great squad of players, then sorry this is not the case. And for those manager u mentioned, where are their teams finished? or should we.play like Blackpool last season?

Naive?

We had better defenders  then? how did the Managers who inherited those top 4 players do?

You mean to tell me Keegan and Bobby were in the top 4 only because we had better players? Bobby managed Barcelona because they liked him for no freaking reason?

Bobby brought Shearer's life back by surrounding him with quicker players to negate him loosing pace? You dont think some sort of ideology or strategy would need to be created for things to fall in placE?

Please get President Bush run office again cause it doesnt matter at all.....

Building a good football team isn't rocket science. You just look at the successful teams and follow their blueprint. Man U, City, Chelsea etc. all play a passing brand of football. Spurs dismantling of the dogged yet shite Norwich was a classic example of class rising above graft. While we are short in numbers and lack a left back you still get the feeling Pardew doesn't really know how to mould a team beyond his West Ham model built on 4-4-2, target man high ball crap. Looking beyond the results we don't seem to be forming any particular style and it's the players who win or lose it. The manager might as well be Neil Warnock.

People were bringing up observations and criticisms some time ago, and were told it wasn't fair because we were doing well. Now we're not doing well, and it's still not fair. When will it be?

When we've slipped out of contention for 7th is a fair shout given that most of the people having a go now didn't give us a cat in hell's chance of finishing top 10 back in August.

You really are a Pardew fan - the school of thought which dictates "Wait until it is visibly broken" (cf. not phasing Raylor out for Santon much, much earlier in the season) :razz: :laugh:  5 points from 24 now, with Man Utd next.

:lol:

Think everyone can see it's broken but the man himself.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Coaching is the worst I've seen

worse than Lancien coach Raymond Domenech's team France

is to tell you how much he has no

they do not play the team he did defeat

Building a good football team isn't rocket science. You just look at the successful teams and follow their blueprint. Man U, City, Chelsea etc. all play a passing brand of football. Spurs dismantling of the dogged yet shite Norwich was a classic example of class rising above graft. While we are short in numbers and lack a left back you still get the feeling Pardew doesn't really know how to mould a team beyond his West Ham model built on 4-4-2, target man high ball crap. Looking beyond the results we don't seem to be forming any particular style and it's the players who win or lose it. The manager might as well be Neil Warnock.

Yup. That's why a lot of our results come down to individual moments ie Simpson error, Ba brilliance etc...The patterns of play we can discern after this many games is the worrying thing. The pattern lacks intelligence and nous and is therefore easily nullifyied by the good sides.

Yup. That's why a lot of our results come down to individual moments ie Simpson error, Ba brilliance etc...The patterns of play we can discern after this many games is the worrying thing. The pattern lacks intelligence and nous and is therefore easily nullifyied by the good sides.

Just the introduction of footballing full backs might make a massive difference. One look at the bench yesterday tells you quite a lot. Did we really need Best and Shola there? How many  non-goal scoring big men can you throw on to change a game? Why not put Shane Ferguson on the bench just to give yourself some options? FOOTBALL options?

Guest Howaythetoon

I can take losing but I cannot stomach seeing a talented set of players playing poor football which is what we have done in the main since Pardew took over. The tactics are piss poor too. Pardew is a good public speaker, a good motivator and prepares the side well but he has no clue when it comes to team selection, tactics, subs and what style of football to use and it's costing us big time. The board said they got rid of hughton to move the team on a notch or two and that hasn't happened. We have better players but our football is poor and now that our good run has ended and our solid defence has gone we are dropping points at an alarming rate. Our form of late is relegation form. The man will not take Newcastle into the top ten nevermind Europe which given our players, start and how the league is this season would be a huge failure. The board should be brave and replace him with someone who REALLY can take these players to the next level.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I can take losing but I cannot stomach seeing a talented set of players playing poor football which is what we have done in the main since Pardew took over. The tactics are p*ss poor too. Pardew is a good public speaker, a good motivator and prepares the side well but he has no clue when it comes to team selection, tactics, subs and what style of football to use and it's costing us big time. The board said they got rid of hughton to move the team on a notch or two and that hasn't happened. We have better players but our football is poor and now that our good run has ended and our solid defence has gone we are dropping points at an alarming rate. Our form of late is relegation form. The man will not take Newcastle into the top ten nevermind Europe which given our players, start and how the league is this season would be a huge failure. The board should be brave and replace him with someone who REALLY can take these players to the next level.

Thats bitterness with an agenda

Pardew has done remarkably well considering what he has had to deal with and until the ownership is changed it really dosnt matter who is at the helm. He has a structure to work to that is passed on by the board and is not in full control of his own destiny. What other manager, particularly top manager would come under those conditions?

The biggest threat will be the resurgence of Sunderland under MON and the pressure that will bring. The reverse is what ultimately cost Bruce and it will have a negative effect here if not careful

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pardew is only ever a bad run away from getting pelted

The only reason people took him to heart is the results. Results aside there is very little to like about him

I slated him yesterday but still the potentially poor choices/ideas recently do not undo his previous work in the season. He made choices with players that won us points & sorted our defence very nicely.

He just seems to be struggling to adapt his ideas to the form of our players. Jonas, Best, Krul & potentially Cabaye also have all dipped in form for me. We cant afford to start on the backfoot anymore, long ball is now failing & hes benching one of the few whos been showing small moments of attacking ability in HBA. Maybe Ba going off will force him to rethink things a bit.

what I don't get, is Taylor aside we have pretty much the same players as when we went to City and had a go. what the fuck has changed that. OK we were unbeaten, but why change from the mostly positive way that we were playing

People's overreactions in here are very spectacular :yao:

Agree. First really poor run in a year and people want rid of him. He'll be able to re-organise and get us back to playing football soon enough, that I'm sure of. Needs to learn from mistakes now. I think Santon ahead of RT is a given now tbh.

Guest neesy111

He should be going into the press and saying we need 3-4 new bodies into squad so he can put at least some pressure on the fat bastard to release some funds for him.

He should be going into the press and saying we need 3-4 new bodies into squad so he can put at least some pressure on the fat bastard to release some funds for him.

It wouldn't work, though. He'd rather get the sack if he really tried.

He's getting on my tits on so many levels now, s**** team selection and tactics for weeks. Hope after the next two big sales Ashley f***s off and Pardew goes with him.

He's got on my tits since he arrived but agree with you