Alan Pardew

JH

I can take losing but I cannot stomach seeing a talented set of players playing poor football which is what we have done in the main since Pardew took over. The tactics are piss poor too. Pardew is a good public speaker, a good motivator and prepares the side well but he has no clue when it comes to team selection, tactics, subs and what style of football to use and it's costing us big time. The board said they got rid of hughton to move the team on a notch or two and that hasn't happened. We have better players but our football is poor and now that our good run has ended and our solid defence has gone we are dropping points at an alarming rate. Our form of late is relegation form. The man will not take Newcastle into the top ten nevermind Europe which given our players, start and how the league is this season would be a huge failure. The board should be brave and replace him with someone who REALLY can take these players to the next level.

There's a fairly big assumption in that post. That the Board actually want us in Europe. I don't think they do.

That would require investment beyond what we would earn in the Uefa Cup. No go.

I think they would be very happy with 8th to 16th every year regardless of what they say in public.

People's overreactions in here are very spectacular :yao:

Agree. First really poor run in a year and people want rid of him. He'll be able to re-organise and get us back to playing football soon enough, that I'm sure of. Needs to learn from mistakes now. I think Santon ahead of RT is a given now tbh.

Who has said they want rid of him?

Guest neesy111

I'm sure there are better managers than Pardew out there. I'm also sure that Mike Ashley would employ none of them.

No thanks.

They wouldn't want to work under him more importantly.

Guest neesy111

I thought we were woeful yesterday but some of the reactions in here make me a bit embarrassed to be a Newcastle fan.

You'll find that it's equally as worse at most clubs in the premiership..

It won't be long until we're 8th at this rate. Then 9th until we fall into the bottom half.

People will still persist with our great start to the season. It's the last few games that matter not ones from months ago. It was an entirely different way of playing at the start of the season. 

Some fantastic overreactions in here.  As usual.  I genuinely don't know what people expected to happen this season, but on any level we have to be ahead of where most people expected us to be.  Yes, we are in danger of throwing away our good work and that is immensely frustrating, but did anyone really think we were going to maintain a top 6 challenge all season?  That would have been a minor miracle.

As it stands we are going through a bad patch, but we are still in 7th.  Personally I think we will manage to hold onto 7th and that would have to represent a good season for us at this stage.  Looking at the teams above us and their levels of investment and the years that they have been entrenched in the top 6, I can't believe anyone would think we 'should' be taking them on and beating them.  At least not at the moment.  Expectations have risen ridiculously high on here.  Pardew would almost have been better off not doing so well at the start of the season with the way people are now expecting us to perform.

I genuinely don't know what people expected to happen this season

since this is is a thread about the manager...i expected us to put our best players on the pitch with a game plan that suits them. this hasnt been the case for months now.

Think months is a bit of an exaggeration.  I do have issues with Pardew's team selection and tactics (although tactics-wise I am not as convinced as everyone else that Pardew has instructed the players to play long ball, I just think we have some average players who can't play any other way), but some of the comments about Pardew are way over the top.

Same old mentally from some in here, sack the manager at the first chance . Honestly , who the hell do you think will come in and work with Ashley and Lambias and do a better job than Pardew?

I'll ask again; who has called for him to be sacked?

When do we ever get anything from Liverpool away anyway? It's annoying to lose but if we have to lose I'd rather it was to the teams from the top 6. At the moment, with our budget, 7th is the best we can realistically finish.

if i see a team put out with intent, that looks like it has a coherent plan to win the game, i'm happy. i was happy during the Wigan game even before we scored, afterwards people were saying we were lucky to win it but i maintained that you can't win every week and our method of play had been consistent and a little bit of class made the difference (not to mention Ben Arfa's introduction making the difference, funny that)

I freely accept that Wigan at home is a totally different kettle of fish to Liverpool away, but West Brom and Swansea at home was just as frustrating imo. Since Norwich we've completely given up playing football and Pardew's continued persistence with Obertan and Raylor is eye wateringly maddening. It's also worth noting how completely bereft of ideas we were against Bolton until.....Ben Arfa came on, we were terrible in that game.

Our league position is fantastic, but we're only going in one direction under Pardew's current mindset, he needs to sort it out and that's been the case for months now, it's not a new development.

Same old mentally from some in here, sack the manager at the first chance . Honestly , who the hell do you think will come in and work with Ashley and Lambias and do a better job than Pardew?

A couple of people have. It's not always a straw man you know. :lol:

People's overreactions in here are very spectacular :yao:

Agree. First really poor run in a year and people want rid of him. He'll be able to re-organise and get us back to playing football soon enough, that I'm sure of. Needs to learn from mistakes now. I think Santon ahead of RT is a given now tbh.

Who has said they want rid of him?

err maybe scrolling up to the previous page will help you, just guessing like

I think peoples expectations lifted as per usual when in reality we all knew we would slow down a bit due to the depth of our squad.  The lack of buying a second forward/striker to compliment BA, leaving buying a full back so late to replace Enrique and starting the season with only two fit centre backs was taking a risk.  Its all caught up. 

However, I still think its been a good points "haul" so far and anybody saying they wouldn't have taken 30 pts before new year is lying.

When do we ever get anything from Liverpool away anyway? It's annoying to lose but if we have to lose I'd rather it was to the teams from the top 6. At the moment, with our budget, 7th is the best we can realistically finish.

if i see a team put out with intent, that looks like it has a coherent plan to win the game, i'm happy. i was happy during the Wigan game even before we scored, afterwards people were saying we were lucky to win it but i maintained that you can't win every week and our method of play had been consistent and a little bit of class made the difference (not to mention Ben Arfa's introduction making the difference, funny that)

I freely accept that Wigan at home is a totally different kettle of fish to Liverpool away, but West Brom and Swansea at home was just as frustrating imo. Since Norwich we've completely given up playing football and Pardew's continued persistence with Obertan and Raylor is eye wateringly maddening. It's also worth noting how completely bereft of ideas we were against Bolton until.....Ben Arfa came on, we were terrible in that game.

Our league position is fantastic, but we're only going in one direction under Pardew's current mindset, he needs to sort it out and that's been the case for months now, it's not a new development.

We have a small squad. We can't really rotate it very much. When players aren't playing very well there aren't many options to change it. People seem to think Santon instead of R.Taylor and Ben Arfa instead of Obertan (or the second striker) will automatically mean we are a better team. I hope the theory is proved correct in practice.

The board should be brave and replace him with someone who REALLY can take these players to the next level.

Is the obvious example, other people are hinting at it.