Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Rainforest

the most obvious being not going to the games i guess, but that would hurt the team..But then again you could perhaps stand outside making alot of noise - telling the players that you support them - you just dont want to give him your cash?

I actually considered making a huge "fat c*** out" banner and try to sneak it in, an impossible task probably  :lol:

i'm not even sure that's true tbh

Im no psychologist but I can imagine playing for a packed stadium is a bit more motivating than playing in front of 15000 empty seats... then again, they do that in france week out and week in :lol:

Guest TheSummerOf69

I agree that we could (and probably will) do a lot worse for a manager.

And trust doesn't really matter when the manager's allowed nowhere near the purse strings.

And I kind-of appreciate him trying to communicate when even the lies from above have turned to a deathly silence, save for the odd childish taunt in the papers from our "club insider" chairman.

But my goodness do I miss a manager I could trust and believe in, like KK or Sir Bobby.

Will there be a journalist with enough balls Decency to look him straight in the eye and ask why  - after 8 months of scouting - we were unable to get a single striker in ?

Or is everyone too afraid to lose their St.James Park press cards?

We did get a single striker in, the problem was we didn't get two.

We didnt get the "guarantee you 100% we will have a new striker by 1st Sept" signing in thats why everyone is angry .

Look what I found when trying to find comments from Pardew about the striker 'search' this summer:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/02/alan-pardew-hoping-to-have-striker-by-end-of-week-79310-27919088/

Alan Pardew hoping to have striker by end of week

Jan 2 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW hopes to have a striker on board by the end of the week as Newcastle United face up to the prospect of a crunch January programme without star man Andy Carroll.

The transfer window swung open yesterday and with Carroll set to miss at least the next three games – and maybe the Tyne-Wear derby – bringing in a new striker is a matter of urgency.

The big striker was in London over the weekend and it is feared that he has sustained a minor tear in his thigh which will rule him out for at least a fortnight.

Pardew has made Tottenham’s Robbie Keane a top target, but now faces a battle to convince Mike Ashley that the striker is worth £55,000 a week as well as a sizeable signing on fee. Harry Redknapp has told interested clubs he does not want the player to go out on loan.

“We would certainly like to bring in one, if we could get to two like all managers you always want more tools, but that is an equation we will have to work out,” Pardew told the Sunday Sun.

“We won’t leave any stone unturned for any player who becomes available who we think can take the club forward.”

:lol:

NUFC.com

Pardew charged for his pre-match quotes ahead of the derby.

The quotes:

"The referee needs to make sure he referees the game from a completely neutral point of view because Joey has been in the press a fair bit this week - more than Joey would have liked and more than I would like - and I'm sure he'll get a mention in Sunderland's game plan.

"He's a very, very good player and they'll need to stop him but I've got no qualms about throwing Joey in there, no doubts at all. But the referee will need to be astute."

Maybe we need a director of football to handle the transfer business while Pardew gets on working with the team.

I think Carr fulfils this role only not in name. Pardew will have some imput but I imagine it would be minimal.

Maybe we need a director of football to handle the transfer business while Pardew gets on working with the team.

I think Carr fulfils this role only not in name. Pardew will have some imput but I imagine it would be minimal.

I don't think Carr does that job. He's a scout whose job is to put together a list of possible signings, Pardew would then discuss them with Carr, maybe have a look at the ones he doesn't know and then put names forward to Llambias in order of preference. Imo it is at this stage that the real problem lies. I don't think DL is competent or experienced enough to do this job properly.

Look what I found when trying to find comments from Pardew about the striker 'search' this summer:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/02/alan-pardew-hoping-to-have-striker-by-end-of-week-79310-27919088/

ALAN PARDEW hopes to have a striker on board by the end of the week as Newcastle United face up to the prospect of a crunch January programme without star man Andy Carroll.

The transfer window swung open yesterday and with Carroll set to miss at least the next three games – and maybe the Tyne-Wear derby – bringing in a new striker is a matter of urgency.

The big striker was in London over the weekend and it is feared that he has sustained a minor tear in his thigh which will rule him out for at least a fortnight.

Pardew has made Tottenham’s Robbie Keane a top target, but now faces a battle to convince Mike Ashley that the striker is worth £55,000 a week as well as a sizeable signing on fee. Harry Redknapp has told interested clubs he does not want the player to go out on loan.

“We would certainly like to bring in one, if we could get to two like all managers you always want more tools, but that is an equation we will have to work out,” Pardew told the Sunday Sun.

“We won’t leave any stone unturned for any player who becomes available who we think can take the club forward.”

This just confirms my view that he's in with all the tricks, lies and bull. It also fits in with Golfmag's assertion about keeping down the wage bill. Lots of lovely jubbly bonus money which can be used to pay off a few debts. Allegedly.

Ah, Graham Carr. The man whose judgement they trust so wholly, right up to £5m.

This just confirms my view that he's in with all the tricks, lies and bull. It also fits in with Golfmag's assertion about keeping down the wage bill. Lots of lovely jubbly bonus money which can be used to pay off a few debts. Allegedly.

The one bit of Golfmag's prophecy that I struggle with is the bit about AP keeping wages down.  Football club owners aren't going to let a manager loose with a free hand  on their money. Does anyone think Ashley lets AP negotiate transfer fees and wages?

I can well believe that DL is charged with getting wages down but not Pardew.

I don't think Carr does that job. He's a scout whose job is to put together a list of possible signings, Pardew would then discuss them with Carr, maybe have a look at the ones he doesn't know and then put names forward to Llambias in order of preference. Imo it is at this stage that the real problem lies. I don't think DL is competent or experienced enough to do this job properly.

he's obviously ok at bringing in free transfers, activating release clauses and acquiring players generally discarded by their club, basically anything easy. looks like negotiations aren't his strong point though. for an ambitious owner, the above might be a problem worth fixing.

Cannot have any sympathy for the man at all as its been a pack of bullshit from day one,He is probably well rewarded for standing and taking the flak in a job we can all just dream about ,yes he has done reasonably ok in his limited cash handouts but its the lies that piss me off unless the arseholes are spinning him along but i have a gut feeling he is in on it aswell and we are the mugs but as the song goes "wont get fooled again"

The one bit of Golfmag's prophecy that I struggle with is the bit about AP keeping wages down.  Football club owners aren't going to let a manager loose with a free hand  on their money. Does anyone think Ashley lets AP negotiate transfer fees and wages?

I can well believe that DL is charged with getting wages down but not Pardew.

'We're replacing your left back who's on 60k per week with one on 30k, keep managing the team as you were and say nothing as you agreed when you took the job. I know you wanted to keep Barton but we're shoving him out too. Oh and Routledge, here's Obertan though'

he's obviously ok at bringing in free transfers, activating release clauses and acquiring players generally discarded by their club, basically anything easy. looks like negotiations aren't his strong point though. for an ambitious owner, the above might be a problem worth fixing.

Totally agree. Replacing Llambias with someone who knows what he's doing would cure most of the sh*t that goes on at the club imo.

Totally agree. Replacing Llambias with someone who knows what he's doing would cure most of the sh*t that goes on at the club imo.

He is too pally with Ashley so that wont happen and a cosy set up with the odd press release ,pretty surprised they know how to sign a player in all honesty .