Alan Pardew

JH

I think we can safely assume Chris' group of lads are no more.

Whats that supposed to mean

what it says, the team that was built on a great spirit has now been dismantled by the sale of the star player. The next 5 months will be a hell of a struggle and without the focal point of the team there will be a lot of dispirited characters.

The star player thought he was better than the rest and wanted more money good riddance to him, Barton, Nolan, and the three amigo's will keep the spirit going.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Blatantly obvious to anyone with a f***ing brain that Carroll was a goner from the moment he took the job. Ashley is on record as saying his plan is to build players up then sell them high and Hughton decided he wasn't prepared to be complicit with this so he had to go.

How naive do you lot have to be before you realise what a liar the man is? Did the fact that he claims no contact with NUFC before our manager's dismissal not ring any bells when every person on this board knew he'd been scheming and wanting us to lose for over a month beforehand? He's a liar hired by proven liars and still people believe every word. Do any of you want to buy dinosaur insurance? Just seen a T Rex in Byker.

Spot on, as far as I can see. 'There's no way Carroll is going' = 'Unless Mike Ashley says so'.

Twice when Hughton was in the job there were big rumours of his sacking. The second time the bookies stopped taking bets on Pardew. He wouldn't have been on anyone's shortlist but Ashley's, so how did that happen?

Ashley's external management appointees so far have been: Kevin Keegan, Joe Kinnear, and Alan Pardew. What do they have in common? They were all at ridiculously long odds until renowned gambler Mike Ashley appointed them. The odds only tumble as they did for Pardew if either the bookies get wind of it or large amounts of money are placed on the outcome. Draw your own conclusions from this, but if they are that Ashley is appointing the best candidate that he can find, and that Pardew told the truth about hearing nothing until well after his odds had tumbled, then we may have to differ...

I think we can safely assume Chris' group of lads are no more.

Whats that supposed to mean

what it says, the team that was built on a great spirit has now been dismantled by the sale of the star player. The next 5 months will be a hell of a struggle and without the focal point of the team there will be a lot of dispirited characters.

The star player thought he was better than the rest and wanted more money good riddance to him, Barton, Nolan, and the three amigo's will keep the spirit going.

Exactly Carroll wasnt our star player at the start of the season, and we did ok, he grew into that, but had Ben Arfa been fit I don't know if he would have been.  Bartons and Nolans contributions this season have been just as important.

Sadly, the summer is a long time away.  These promises will long be buried when the transfer window reopens.  I hope I am wrong, but the Ashely regime's track record suggests otherwise.  I am a lot more shocked when on occasion they accidentally tell the truth.

This is what I fear TBH.

I just about believe they plan to spend some money, as they've done before on Tiote and Ben Arfa etc.

I don't think people are going to forget the promise of £35m being spent in the summer. Don't forget we stuck in a double-figures bid for a winger last night. The intention to spend is there. He can't not - the season ticket deal is up this year.

no, we certainly won't forget.  But do you honestly think Ashley gives a shit whether we forget or not?  C'mon, that N'Zogbia bid was one of his biggest pisstakes so far.  I am in complete agreement with nufc.com on this one.  Bid on somebody who you have absolutely no chance of getting 1) because of Whelan 2) and the circumstances under which he left last round.

Thought he came across really well in the interview. Seemed gutted but was as honest as he could have been.

I cant see the team spirit crumbling either, I think we will be fine.

And for what its worth, I think we will spend a fair chnk in the summer. Not all £35 mil, but £20-£25.

Christ - is that the conspiracy special of the day? Yawn. I'm in absolutely no way an Ashley apologist and i can't wait until the whole club can wash it's hands of the dispicable cunt... but i'm seriously bored of people trying to pick out the flaws and loopholes of every act we make, just to stick another knife in him. Is it not exhausting?

Thought he came across really well in the interview. Seemed gutted but was as honest as he could have been.

And for what its worth, I think we will spend a fair chnk in the summer. Not all £35 mil, but £20-£25.

Did Pardew say that he would spend it all?

He said that he insisted it was all re-invested back into the team. Not sure if he said about it all being in the summer. Fwiw i agree with Elliott... i doubt we'll see £35m all go on players in 2011. Not necassarily due to a lack of ambition, but through poor scouting/poor negotiating.

He said that he insisted it was all re-invested back into the team. Not sure if he said about it all being in the summer. Fwiw i agree with Elliott... i doubt we'll see £35m all go on players in 2011. Not necassarily due to a lack of ambition, but through poor scouting/poor negotiating.

How can we re-invest the £35 million if we don't spend it?

Did Pardew say that he would spend it all?

Yeah, as Yorkie says, said he insisted it is invested in the team. He said if there is one message I can give the fans is that it will all go back into the team. Pretty strong message/words to say if he wasnt sure about it.

Christ - is that the conspiracy special of the day? Yawn. I'm in absolutely no way an Ashley apologist and i can't wait until the whole club can wash it's hands of the dispicable cunt... but i'm seriously bored of people trying to pick out the flaws and loopholes of every act we make, just to stick another knife in him. Is it not exhausting?

Responding to it certainly is.

How can we re-invest the £35 million if we don't spend it?

What? I said i think we will, just not all this summer.