Alan Pardew

JH

Am I the only person who reads those quotes as completely the opposite to defeatist and "come and get him"?

To me, it reads like he's trying to put pressure on Ashley not to accept any bids.

I think his only failing so far is that he's too open and honest in his interviews, that it comes back to bite him.

We've just brought in £35 million, why should he have to put pressure on his mate by talking to the press?

Guest Wally_McFool

Pardew is only doing what his mates want him to do, if they tell him to sell than that's what will happen, I can't stand having him at our club.

Agree with this.

I'm amused by the naive people who think that Pardew is being shit on by Ashley 

Nothing wrong with those comments really. All he's saying is that if there's another silly money bid for someone like Tiote, right now they'd probably take it. Silly money being anything north of £20m I'd assume.

Guest Wally_McFool

why are people worrying about the summer transfer window a week after the jan one closed

Maybe they are wondering whether to invest in season tickets for next season and they are worried what the state of the team will be if more players are moved on!

I actually think that Pardew is (or at least comes across) as as disillusioned as a lot of people about the whole Carroll thing. I think he's making it clear he doesn't want it to happen again. Then again, it's tricky trying to interpret things without actually hearing them said.

Each to his own but I think Pardew is JFK the 2nd who has been hired to lie and bullshit the fans which he has done brilliantly in the last few weeks.

2 new players coming in blah blah blah.....  no one leaving blah blah blah

why are people worrying about the summer transfer window a week after the jan one closed

Maybe they are wondering whether to invest in season tickets and they are worried what the state of the team will be if more players are moved on!

its feb, no point in working ourselves up over something that may or may not happen in about 6 months time, just focus on the football on the field for the rest of the season

Pardew is getting in early to try to make player sales less of a shock to try and take pressure off for when the players are sold.

Reminds me of that "no net outlay" transfer window statement. :frantic:

I actually think that Pardew is (or at least comes across) as as disillusioned as a lot of people about the whole Carroll thing. I think he's making it clear he doesn't want it to happen again. Then again, it's tricky trying to interpret things without actually hearing them said.

Pardew is a liar, he'll come over the way that he wants to come over.

its feb, no point in working ourselves up over something that may or may not happen in about 6 months time, just focus on the football on the field for the rest of the season

Yes, let's focus on our toothless forwards and not worry about what might happen.  :lol:

Yes, let's focus on our toothless forwards and not worry about what might happen.  :lol:

see you found other things to worry and moan about  :aww:

Am I the only person who reads those quotes as completely the opposite to defeatist and "come and get him"?

To me, it reads like he's trying to put pressure on Ashley not to accept any bids.

I think his only failing so far is that he's too open and honest in his interviews, that it comes back to bite him.

We've just brought in £35 million, why should he have to put pressure on his mate by talking to the press?

It could be that but he has to be careful his negativity doesn't cross over to the players. This is a good test of his management credentials, we should see what he's made of now.

It could be that but he has to be careful his negativity doesn't cross over to the players. This is a good test of his management credentials, we should see what he's made of now.

Very much so. The key area where Pardew has to make a diffeence is in grinding out results in adverse situations.

I think this is Pardew's way of being open with the fans. How well judged it is, is another matter. At least he's putting into the public domain what the thinking is behind the scenes. Or at least his perception of it.

Personally I've never thought he's ever blatantly misled the fans on behalf of Ashley. But to help himself, he should probably say less from now on and stay focussed on team matters.

Whatever he says about the availability or not of Tiote, he won't have the final say when the bids come in.