Alan Pardew

JH

I think the Pardew criticism in terms of his media handling is over the top. Its beating him for the sake of it really.

Keegan and Bobby used to come out with some cobblers to the press and nobody batted an eyelid, in fact both were liked even more for it.

Both were proven successes though replacing poor managers and improved our club markedly unlke AP although I do agree.

Of course. Because their teams were realtively successful nobody cared about what they really said in the papers. As people dont like Pardew, he gets hammered for what he says when more often than not what he tells the press is perfectly sensible.

True, I wouldn't say Pardew gets hammered mind, just examined closely due to the unusual nature of his appointment which IMO is fair enough.

I think the Pardew criticism in terms of his media handling is over the top. Its beating him for the sake of it really.

Keegan and Bobby used to come out with some cobblers to the press and nobody batted an eyelid, in fact both were liked even more for it.

Both were proven successes though replacing poor managers and improved our club markedly unlke AP although I do agree.

Of course. Because their teams were realtively successful nobody cared about what they really said in the papers. As people dont like Pardew, he gets hammered for what he says when more often than not what he tells the press is perfectly sensible.

Yes and no.

They also never used to come out with such horeshit like Kinnear did, or like Pardew is prone to doing.

Most of us used to laugh at Bobby's because it was him either getting somebody's name wrong, or classic quotes about him wanting to be on the moon.

True, I wouldn't say Pardew gets hammered mind, just examined closely due to the unusual nature of his appointment which IMO is fair enough.

His media handling was always going to be a bit unusual after the relatively blandness of Hughton.

What would he have done at the start of the season with Carroll and Shola out then?

Tried to buy someone I'd have hoped but as he wasn't favoured by the board it was obviously going to prove difficult however AP should not be suffering from this problem as he was hired merely weeks ago.

Well Alan should have insisted Carroll only goes if Sturridge comes in on loan.  Chelsea would have done that if it was a deal breaker for Torres going there, which it would have been.

Llambiarse is the Director and he makes the deals, with the nod of Ashley of course.  So why didn't the thick twat think of Sturridge being part of the Carroll transfer??

He needs pushing out in the Summer if we are to progress, or we will see our most promising players being shipped out for big money with sub-standard  replacements.

Guest Roger Kint

What would he have done at the start of the season with Carroll and Shola out then?

Exactly.

Plus he gave Lovenkrands a 3 year deal, hardly a Championship related deal there

"I'm not going to look beyond the semi-final - but I would love to lead Newcastle out at the final."

"Manchester United dropped points, Liverpool dropped points, Chelsea dropped points, Everton dropped points, so in a way we haven't lost anything at all really, although we dropped all three."

"We can't replace Gary Speed. Where do you get an experienced player like him with a left foot and a head?"

“Alan Shearer has done very well for us, considering his age. We have introduced some movement into his game because he has got two good legs now. Last season he played with one leg.”

"People want success. It's like coffee, they want instant."

"Denis Law once kicked me at Wembley in front of the Queen in an international. I mean, no man is entitled to do that, really."

"Look at those olive trees! They're 200 years old - from before the time of Christ."

:thup:  :lol:

Tried to buy someone I'd have hoped but as he wasn't favoured by the board it was obviously going to prove difficult however AP should not be suffering from this problem as he was hired merely weeks ago.

Plus he signed HBA who would probably have been used up front. By the time he was crocked, he didn't have the option to replace him temporarily.

Pardew did and decided not to bother.

His media handling was always going to be a bit unusual after the relatively blandness of Hughton.

Indeed but I think at times and ideally he needs to find a happy medium. He obviously seems to know that the fans crave information but a lot of the time he seems to be creating soundbites for sakes sake.

Erm... signed a striker.

With what? His own money?

Did Pardew get Ireland with his own money? Didn't realise that, fair play to him.

"I'm not going to look beyond the semi-final - but I would love to lead Newcastle out at the final."

"Manchester United dropped points, Liverpool dropped points, Chelsea dropped points, Everton dropped points, so in a way we haven't lost anything at all really, although we dropped all three."

"We can't replace Gary Speed. Where do you get an experienced player like him with a left foot and a head?"

“Alan Shearer has done very well for us, considering his age. We have introduced some movement into his game because he has got two good legs now. Last season he played with one leg.”

"Denis Law once kicked me at Wembley in front of the Queen in an international. I mean, no man is entitled to do that, really."

"Look at those olive trees! They're 200 years old - from before the time of Christ."

:smitten: Love that Gary Speed one.

Alan Shearer has done very well for us, considering his age. We have introduced some movement into his game because he has got two good legs now. Last season he played with one leg.

Imagine if Pardew came out with that baloney. The fans would be storming the gates of SJP! :lol:

Erm... signed a striker.

With what? His own money?

Did Pardew get Ireland with his own money? Didn't realise that, fair play to him.

Was a nice gesture like wasn't it :aww:

Exactly.

Plus he gave Lovenkrands a 3 year deal, hardly a Championship related deal there

We were in the Championship at the time. Would you prefer the manager to make his decisions based on where YOU think (using hindsight) we would have been in a year's time?

Dear me.

EDIT: you actually thought we'd only manage the play-offs, so that's a likely two years in the Championship at least: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,63682.msg1920023.html#msg1920023

Bit rich criticizing the contract in that case. The manager shouldn't be giving players contracts based on hopes and assumption, and he didn't.

Imagine if Pardew came out with that baloney. The fans would be storming the gates of SJP! :lol:

Pardew just spouts shit about not selling out best forward then admits he was misleading us.

Won't be the first or last time that will happen in football, no idea why everyone is acting so butthurt over it. 

You said yourself that you don't think he's got any influence on transfer dealings though. In which case is it that surprising that people might not like his constant assurances about who we're going to buy and (not) sell? The implication being that he's going along with what he's been told to say.

Won't be the first or last time that will happen in football, no idea why everyone is acting so butthurt over it. 

Who is butthurt?  The comment was in response to "Imagine if Pardew came out with that baloney."  Pardew has talked shit and that comment is proof of it.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've seen nothing in our play, team or results that suggest Pardew will deliver better results and performances than Hughton was not only doing but could continue to do had he not been sacked and therefore in that regard the sacking of him and the appointment of Pardew is basically daft. But that's the idiots running our club for you.

Why was Hughton sacked is a question that will always be asked and never answered in full but I think it is safe to say given recent events that he was sacked because he was more than likely massively against the sale of Carroll - which if rumours in Toon are to be believed (see various talk-ins) - was being touted about all through January, because he no doubt wanted a better paid contract and also that he probably wanted some money to spend to take us to the next level. All things that go against the plans of the owner and board who want to keep costs down and bring in the cash rather than spend it.

Pardew was appointed because he is mates with Lambias and will toe whatever line he's handed in return for being given the job of his life.

Now from what I've heard Pardew cares little for owners, chairman and boardroom politics and will be his own man or try to be but with these lot he has no chance, no-one does. From KK to Hughton to Pardew and who is ever next. Pardew is just another tool to be used. Used for what we can only really speculate. My guess is he will not kick up a fuss when X player is sold or no money is spent, so arrogant and deluded he is in is supposed abilities to do good despite these conditions, like many a manager really.

I've been impressed with aspects of our pressing play under Pardew and our tactical variation although limited and naive at times and although he does speak a lot of tat I quite like his confidence and ballsy type of attitude too. However I think we seriously lack a genuine game-plan and we expend far too much energy pressing the ball (see Fulham and parts of the Arsenal game for example) which restricts what this group of lads to paraphrase Hughton seem to do naturally which is express themselves in a loose way. We do not have the all-round balance and quality to tactically beat the opposition or do this and that hence why we struggle at times but when the team is allowed to be itself, to be free and loose and spontaneous, it more often than not does something good and brings home the results and performances. See the second half against Arsenal, the mackem game at home etc.

Pardew is doing OK though, better than I expected anyway.

It will all end in tears though, probably sooner rather than later. How much that will be down to the manager or the fuck-wits in control though remains to be seen as both have it in their capabilities of knacking things up.