Alan Pardew

JH

i'd prefer it if Pardew, and anyone else at the club just shut the fuck up tbh

shut up, win some more games, repair the squad in the summer and then we'll talk - 'til then keep your trap shut boys

They've had plenty of criticism for not talking to the media enough.

i know that, but they just talk too much shit for my liking

what kind of fucking prep work saw us 0-4 down at home to arsenal like? :lol:

or maybe it was the analysis that got us 4 goals back? ???

The players bottled it in the first half against Arsenal - no amount of analysis can prepare for that. Look at Real Madrid against Barcelona - do you think Mourinho didn't do everything in his power to analyse and prepare for that match? Sometimes things don't go to plan, but that doesn't mean it isn't encouraging that the management team are taking more thorough steps to try and get results.

i was taking the piss man, of course it's good that we're actually preparing in this manner - what i don't like is that we're supposed to see it as new and revolutionary, we should be asking why haven't we been analysing our opponents and ourselves in depth for years

what is there to say we haven't?

results

i'd prefer it if Pardew, and anyone else at the club just shut the fuck up tbh

shut up, win some more games, repair the squad in the summer and then we'll talk - 'til then keep your trap shut boys

They've had plenty of criticism for not talking to the media enough.

i know that, but they just talk too much shit for my liking

what kind of fucking prep work saw us 0-4 down at home to arsenal like? :lol:

or maybe it was the analysis that got us 4 goals back? ???

The players bottled it in the first half against Arsenal - no amount of analysis can prepare for that. Look at Real Madrid against Barcelona - do you think Mourinho didn't do everything in his power to analyse and prepare for that match? Sometimes things don't go to plan, but that doesn't mean it isn't encouraging that the management team are taking more thorough steps to try and get results.

i was taking the piss man, of course it's good that we're actually preparing in this manner - what i don't like is that we're supposed to see it as new and revolutionary, we should be asking why haven't we been analysing our opponents and ourselves in depth for years

what is there to say we haven't?

results

:lol:

we never had a decent run of results in the last few years? it's classic diversion tactics man. 'we may not have done anything of use in the transfer window apart from improve the bank balance, but we're PREPARING FOR GAMES!!'. nice one alan, i suppose the players are training and eating healthily too? and they wear football boots you say? well thank fuck for that, i have faith in you now.

Who's to say other recent managers of ours didn't use GPS tracking units on their players and prep for games with deeper analysis of the opposition?  Well no one, really, you're right. I can only recall Allardyce touting the stuff like snake oil. 

I think guesses could be made about which ones would would and wouldn't though.  Souness, Kinnear, Roeder strike me as being more conservative in their approach and less likely to use those resources while Keegan, Allardyce, Pardew and probably Hughton were/are more progressive.

Who's to say other recent managers of ours didn't use GPS tracking units on their players and prep for games with deeper analysis of the opposition?  Well no one, really, you're right. I can only recall Allardyce touting the stuff like snake oil.   

I think guesses could be made about which ones would would and wouldn't though.  Souness, Kinnear, Roeder strike me as being more conservative in their approach and less likely to use those resources while Keegan, Allardyce, Pardew and probably Hughton were/are more progressive.

Kinnnear and souness were regressive if we doing labels. I still wake up in a cold sweat at night at the thought of JFK...is like that dream where your teeth fall out one by one

I dont mind this, compared to the dying years of shephard and the relegation season it all seems a lot more organised and we have a player purchasing plan, rather then seeing what agents can come up with and picking up players who have already peaked and are on a downward slope.

I dont mind this, compared to the dying years of shephard and the relegation season it all seems a lot more organised and we have a player purchasing plan, rather then seeing what agents can come up with and picking up players who have already peaked and are on a downward slope.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

aye, agreed :thup:

shame fatash is such a monumental moron really, he could have owned the toon like a boss imo...spins himself saving the club from financial disaster, ploughing his own money in, setting up more structured scouting etc.

astounding he's managed to make himself such a villain to be honest :lol:

aye, agreed :thup:

shame fatash is such a monumental moron really, he could have owned the toon like a boss imo...spins himself saving the club from financial disaster, ploughing his own money in, setting up more structured scouting etc.

astounding he's managed to make himself such a villain to be honest :lol:

He and his pals did fck up tho, that can never be taken away....however we were all screaming blind at Shepherd to sort of the direction and structure of the club and to stop buying the worng players with no re sale value.

He and his pals did fck up tho, that can never be taken away....however we were all screaming blind at Shepherd to sort of the direction and structure of the club and to stop buying the worng players with no re sale value.

on the money again man, as i said fatash had the opportunity to make himself a legend but he fucked it for everyone

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

on the money again man, as i said fatash had the opportunity to make himself a legend but he fucked it for everyone

Wonder if he regrets it?

Wonder if he regrets it?

one of many, many questions i'd like to ask the man

doesn't just go for him though, football in general is full of so many bafflingly insane decisions made by the millionaires in charge that you really want to sit down and find out what the fuck they were thinking...i can only assume football is so insular that they just can't see the bigger picture (not for fatash mind, he just clearly knows nowt about football)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wonder if he regrets it?

one of many, many questions i'd like to ask the man

doesn't just go for him though, football in general is full of so many bafflingly insane decisions made by the millionaires in charge that you really want to sit down and find out what the fuck they were thinking...i can only assume football is so insular that they just can't see the bigger picture (not for fatash mind, he just clearly knows nowt about football)

True. I just wonder how he feels, knowing that people would rather have Mike Ashley running the club than him (Shepard). He claims to be part of the 'Geordie Nation', yet, most can't stand him and thought he was doing more harm than good.

I dont wanna restart a shepherd finace debate but when you look back at it, how the fck was he ever going to turn it round.

Like i'd said ages ago, he was likea man who was chasing his losses by lashing more in.

He was never going to turn it round.  Especially sacking managers every 18 months....and D Hall is also to Blame.

Lets say hypothetically that we qualified for Europe this season. Then next season we won the Europa League.

Would you welcome back Ashley onto the terraces?

I know he doesn't court the media but he needs to sit down and do an interview outisde of a crappy press release on the official website.

Lets say hypothetically that we qualified for Europe this season. Then next season we won the Europa League.

It would probably get the same mix of opinions that you get now. Some would give credit for it.

Some would still put it down to luck and lack of ambition, I mean not so long ago we were Champions League and now we're supposed to get excited about the Europa f*cking League. Ashley has forced us to accept second best. Give over man etc etc............

He is club owner it is rare they get praised when a club wins something so I doubt it would change anything that much. The only ones that do are the ones that have spent mega £££'s on transfers.

I think the terraces are out of bounds, never to return. However I quite like how he disregarded the protocol of directors boxes especially when he upset Nile Quinn by wearing his B&W top.

Would be good to see him enjoying a night in town after we win, it would do the economy of Tyneside no harm for him and a few cronies to be blowing their money in the pubs and clubs.

Nah. It'd be obvious that we'd have been lucky, scraped winning the competition with Hughton's team tbh.