Alan Pardew

JH

Haha, in his press conference on .cock he says that there "will be 50 thousand Geordies there tonight, READY TO RUMBLE!".

Watch us wreck the Mike, Watch us wreck the Mike, Watch us wreck the Mike.......Psyche!!!!! :yorkie:

:lol:  Is there anywhere I can get a full quote from?

Haha, in his press conference on .cock he says that there "will be 50 thousand Geordies there tonight, READY TO RUMBLE!".

Watch us wreck the Mike, Watch us wreck the Mike, Watch us wreck the Mike.......Psyche!!!!! :yorkie:

:lol:  Is there anywhere I can get a full quote from?

But you'll probably have to pay.

Not paying for that shite. Is it still £50 a year?

More like £10.

What he said btw;

It's an important game for Manchester United after the weekend, I know Alex will be approaching this with the respect it deserves and we'll get their best team, a motivated Man United and that will be difficult for us.

I think it will be hard, they don't lose two games back to back often, so that probably makes it a little bit harder but the motivation of Manchester United is always the same and they are expected to win and they'll be coming to St, James' to win and they will find a tough game, we are better prepared than we were for Villa, we'll have a couple of players coming back and we'll have 50,000 Geordies read to rumble and it will be a great game, I'm sure.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Good subtle tactic on corners, using Gutierrez as a draw/short option. Takes a defender out of the box, while we don't really lose a player who'd be effective attacking a corner.

"It should be enough.

"But we go to Blackpool on Saturday and we owe it to the rest to turn in another performance like this - and to give ourselves a shot at the top eight."

:thup:

Got it all right yesterday. Have a go early on and hope for a goal, but against Man U, you can't keep putting that kind of pressure on all game, and we changed our game plan accordingly.

Good subtle tactic on corners, using Gutierrez as a draw/short option. Takes a defender out of the box, while we don't really lose a player who'd be effective attacking a corner.

We were still sometimes defending corners with no-one up the pitch, drives me crackers.  Means when you clear it, it comes straight back and when there's a black and white shirt by the centre circle it means one of their players has to hang back and mark them, so by not doing it we give them one more body in the box.  Daft.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We were still sometimes defending corners with no-one up the pitch, drives me crackers.  Means when you clear it, it comes straight back and when there's a black and white shirt by the centre circle it means one of their players has to hang back and mark them, so by not doing it we give them one more body in the box.  Daft.

Yeah, that annoys me too. He did try in the first few games pushing Gutierrez up, but has changed his mind now. Man U left two players up front all game against us, and have done for years in general. One edge of the box to collect ball, 2 out and wide to form a 'V', allowing for swift counter attacking football.

Very good point. Against the strongest box-teams like Stoke, a possible strategy on dead balls is leave two or three players around the midfield. That will probably force  either Shawcross or Huth to stay put.. I've seen this strategy being used a couple of times, but not by us.