Alan Pardew

JH

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/315/hvp.png

The note refers to inclusion of the Liverpool win, which players and manager alike acknowledged was fuck all to do with Pardew.

His win percentage is pretty poor considering he has won something like 5 in 20 (losing 8). But to be fair to him, we are beyond terrible up front since selling Carroll. Ill judge him next season when he has a chance to get a few of his own players in etc. I have to say though when things go bad I cant see me having patience for him, certainly not like I had with Hughton.

His win percentage is pretty poor considering he has won something like 5 in 20 (losing 8). But to be fair to him, we are beyond terrible up front since selling Carroll. Ill judge him next season when he has a chance to get a few of his own players in etc. I have to say though when things go bad I cant see me having patience for him, certainly not like I had with Hughton.

Yes, and he played no part in that.

Yes, and he played no part in that.

What choice did he have really though? Theres no way Pardew is controlling bids coming in, certainly not a huge bid like the Carroll one, its all down to Llambias and Ashley.

Guest BooBoo

The whole idea that Pardew had any sort of input into the Carroll deal is so ludicrous that it makes me want to lol.

The whole idea that Pardew had any sort of input into the Carroll deal is so ludicrous that it makes me want to lol.

Make a refreshing change if he just came out and admitted that kind of thing instead of pretending he knows the score.

'You'd have to ask the owners, I've no idea if he's leaving. All I do is pick the team.'

I guess he'd get told off for that though.

Guest BooBoo

True, Keegan took a spanking in the headmasters office for making dissenting comments.

At the end of the day he's done pretty much identically to Hughton. But the man has been a manager now for years, and he's done fuck all of note, other than getting West Ham to a cup final. I can't see us improving with him in charge, can't see it at all. At least with Hughton I believed that he was improving as he gained experience.

What choice did he have really though? Theres no way Pardew is controlling bids coming in, certainly not a huge bid like the Carroll one, its all down to Llambias and Ashley.

He couldn't control the bids coming in, he did have a role in the written transfer request though.

"He mentioned he wanted a new deal, otherwise he wanted out and to talk to Liverpool. I told him he had to put that in writing and he did," stated Pardew.

So the player said he wanted to leave and the manager told him to put it in writing (or forced him depending on who you believe).

It doesn't look as if he was trying to talk him out of it.

I feel for Pardew a little, he's working with easily the worst bunch of strikers in the league.

In fact, if I was a fan of an ambitous Championship club, there's not one i'd want anywhere near my starting lineup. They're an absolute f***ing disgrace. Shola especially. He's had every chance to mould himself into a decent Premier League striker, but the same slow, gutless, clumsy piece of s*** rears his his ugly head five times for every occasion he manages to put in a decent shift.

Lovenkrands i'm not even going to bother with, i'd honestly rather have Ryan Taylor up front. No footballing ability whatsever within his pathetic little frame. Spineless.

That leaves 34-year-old Kuqi and 20-year-old Nile Ranger. Both a long way from being Championship players, for contrasting reasons.

We're playing with 9 men. I expect nothing more than the rubbish we were served up today.

I feel for Pardew a little, he's working with easily the worst bunch of strikers in the league.

In fact, if I was a fan of an ambitous Championship club, there's not one i'd want anywhere near my starting lineup. They're an absolute f***ing disgrace. Shola especially. He's had every chance to mould himself into a decent Premier League striker, but the same slow, gutless, clumsy piece of s*** rears his his ugly head five times for every occasion he manages to put in a decent shift.

Lovenkrands i'm not even going to bother with, i'd honestly rather have Ryan Taylor up front. No footballing ability whatsever within his pathetic little frame. Spineless.

That leaves 34-year-old Kuqi and 20-year-old Nile Ranger both a long way from being Championship players, for contrasting reasons.

We're playing with 9 men. I expect nothing more than the rubbish we were served up today.

Totally agree. It's a joke we have even gotten ourselves into this situation

a little defence for loven, whom i'd agree should be away in the summer. he isn't helped by us not having a single midfielder who can slide a ball through, he has decent movement off the ball which rarely gets spotted and most of what he's had this season has been headers from crosses from wide still aimed for carroll.

a little defence for loven, whom i'd agree should be away in the summer. he isn't helped by us not having a single midfielder who can slide a ball through, he has decent movement off the ball which rarely gets spotted and most of what he's had this season has been headers from crosses from wide still aimed for carroll.

:thup:

That leaves 34-year-old Kuqi and 20-year-old Nile Ranger. Both a long way from being Championship players, for contrasting reasons.

It's surely Pardew's fault that he chose to spend most of the window chasing a constantly injured, backbone deficient midfielder instead of a striker? Carroll was quite badly injured before the window so he must have known we'd need someone, at least on loan, for the next few months.

So many assumptions. There's no real reason for any of us to suspect Ashley or Cuntbias were prepared to fund a striker.

Why would they say yes to Ireland but no to any one of Sturridge, Vela, Keane or any other number of strikers on loan instead? Or even just used our own player, Xisco, who you think is the best thing since sliced bread?

Going from when Carroll got injured, we only had Lovenkrands and Ameobi who were "in the managers plans". Best was just coming back off a bad injury and was considered something of a joke and Ranger was/is clearly out of favour. 

I'd have prioritized a loan striker over a loan midfielder in that situation.

It's surely Pardew's fault that he chose to spend most of the window chasing a constantly injured, backbone deficient midfielder instead of a striker? Carroll was quite badly injured before the window so he must have known we'd need someone, at least on loan, for the next few months.

we should've been after a strike partner for carroll anyway. considering a few excellent candidates for that role moved in the january window (sturridge and ba) and we made absolutely no attempt whatsoever to go for them, i doubt the club was intending to give pardew funding.