Alan Pardew

JH

I remember when Keegan sold Cole, our main striker we struggled like hell despite having a team of good quality players which had finished 3rd in the premier the previous season. Getting results with no strike force is no mean achievement. It seems easy only in hindsight.

Losing at places like Fulham and Villa can only really be seen as a bad result for the top

6 clubs IMO.

I only mentioned them due to the manner of the defeat, as opposed to the actual defeat.

We could have easily got something from either game if the bite/spirit had been there.

Always had Arsenal at home down as a dodgy game, myself. Maybe the romantic in me is dead or something but the comeback didn't wipe out what had already happened for me - I expect us to do something like what happened in the second half when we're in those situations, whereas the first half was an unacceptable embarrassment. Anything less than a close run end to the game would have been potentially sack worthy.

That said, as I always have, I recognise Pardew himself was working in difficult circumstances at the time. He's played his hand here pretty well by his standards.

I just put it down as a freak event.

The brilliance of the second half performance balances out the terrible showing in the first.

Pardew's consistency worries me slightly. He's basically doing what Hughton did by getting a good result then getting a bad result.

This is something he needs to address next season or we'll go no further than we are now.

How many bad results have we actually got under Pardew? Can't think of many.

Liverpool, Blackpool, Villa, Stoke, Everton, Bolton (maybe), Blackburn, Fulham and Stevenage for one reason or another could be classed as bad/disappointing results.

On the flipside, we've had roughly the same amount of good results/performances.

If we had won all those we would only be a point behind Arsenal. :lol:

Clearly not, that's primarily what I was responding to. :lol:

I don't want to admit the players have played really well at times despite saying so a few times. You don't think the players are good enough despite claiming we've only had 4 bad games in 22.

Ok.

Still not convinced either way. Tbf to him I will say that he seems more and more like a pretty affable fella, but I remain firm that I wont judge his managerial ability until he's had a whole transfer window and season behind him.

Still not convinced either way. Tbf to him I will say that he seems more and more like a pretty affable fella, but I remain firm that I wont judge his managerial ability until he's had a whole transfer window and season behind him.

This is my thinking on the matter too.

Pardew's consistency worries me slightly. He's basically doing what Hughton did by getting a good result then getting a bad result.

This is something he needs to address next season or we'll go no further than we are now.

Liverpool, Blackpool, Villa, Stoke, Everton, Bolton (maybe), Blackburn, Fulham and Stevenage for one reason or another could be classed as bad/disappointing results.

On the flipside, we've had roughly the same amount of good results/performances.

I'm not saying we should win every game. Since Pardew took over the best run we've had is 2 wins in a row (against 2 soon to be relegated teams). If we are to kick on next season he'll need to use his computer science magic stuff to get us more than 2 wins in a row.

You don't think the players are good enough despite claiming we've only had 4 bad games in 22.

What on earth are you going on about now? As i've already said, twice, Pardew's got the best out of his players.

I'm not saying we should win every game. Since Pardew took over the best run we've had is 2 wins in a row (against 2 soon to be relegated teams). If we are to kick on next season he'll need to use his computer science magic stuff to get us more than 2 wins in a row.

I think better players will be more important.

Actually I think if we are to kick on next season we have to tighten up our home form as we've dropped too many points to teams we should be beating at SJP.

To be fair to Pardew I don't really blame him for that as we've only lost 2 at home in 10 under him and 6 of those games have been against teams that will finish in the top 7 so he hasn't had an easy run of it.

For the majority of clubs home form is critical so fingers crossed he can continue to make us harder to beat at home.

You don't think the players are good enough despite claiming we've only had 4 bad games in 22.

What on earth are you going on about now? As i've already said, twice, Pardew's got the best out of his players.

Blame the players for the bad games, praise Pardew for the good games.

Now I get it.

Now I get it.

I never even mentioned the good ones. :lol:

Old ground, but I still can't believe Blackburn and Blackpool beat us at St James'. And Wigan were about 10 seconds from doing the same.

Aye 8 points gone in those 3 games. Could have made a solid season into a very good one.

I can't believe we've only lost one game against Manu/Chelsea/Arsenal. I can't believe in 03/04, we only drew with Wolves at home and missed out on 4th.

The comments are completely meaningless. Wherever we end up will be justified... just as it was the year we went down having only needed one goal at Villa Park.

Guest BooBoo

And plenty more we could and should have lost, Blackpool away being a clear example.

I thought Blackpool were barely better than us tbh. Fair enough they hit the post, but did Krul have to make many saves that day? I have to ask as I was quite pissed. :lol:

And plenty more we could and should have lost, Blackpool away being a clear example.

I thought Blackpool were barely better than us tbh. Fair enough they hit the post, but did Krul have to make many saves that day? I have to ask as I was quite pissed. :lol:

I remember watching that game; can't remember Krul making many saves, but at times it was a siege. You'll have played much better than that this season and lost.

Now I get it.

I never even mentioned the good ones. :lol:

So you're actually saying Pardew got the best out of his players against, for example, Stoke and Villa?

That would be up there with your "Pardew speaks the truth most times" nonsense.