Alan Pardew

JH

Seriously an appointment that actually makes hiring Souness look like a good decision.

Jesus fucking christ, this has to be the singlemost idiotic post ever made in the history of N-O.

Even if Ashley did something utterly retarded (what, again?) and appointed Gordon Brown as the manager of the cub, it could never make the Souness appointment look like a good decsion.

Unless you're being WUMtastic [/Davros]

I like Ray Wilkins but he would just be another nice guy to be shit on by Ashley.

But cheap at the going rate like Kinnear and Hughton. Let's not forget why those two got appointed in the first place.

To be honest Pardew's first season in the top flight with Wham was pretty impressive. Harewood even looked world class. My Wham supporting mate was waxing lyrical about "Pards".

Yup that seems about right - a lot of West Ham fans reckon Pardew was a good manager. Good with the media and sets up sides for decent attacking football seem to be popular compliments. But is he better than Hughton? The real issue here is that a lot of us think Hughton did a very good job in difficult circumstances. And if you are going to rip the club apart why do it unless you are putting in something or someone who is obviously better?

Worst run of games in 70 years for West Ham right?

He has done nothing bar getting West Ham to the FA Cup Final.

Described by the BBC as a "dangerous and distant animal"  (I quite like that tbh)

I feel lucky once again to be in Canada not in Newcastle, I feel for you all. At least the ribbing and depression is less outside my house.

This bit doesn't make any sense :lol:

If there is opposition from some fans or players to someone such as Alan Pardew becoming boss - and some discontent is already evident - it might be tempered by the knowledge that he will be there for some time.

Seriously an appointment that actually makes hiring Souness look like a good decision.

Jesus f***ing christ, this has to be the singlemost idiotic post ever made in the history of N-O.

Even if Ashley did something utterly retarded (what, again?) and appointed Gordon Brown as the manager of the cub, it could never make the Souness appointment look like a good decsion.

Unless you're being WUMtastic [/Davros]

No, not really, Pardew will never acheive half of what Souness has. Be aware Souness was one of the worst appointments I have witnessed. Pardew would be worse IMO.

5 years???  lets pray to god its not going to be Pardew,  just him coming in would be a nightmare but coming in on a 5 yr contract would be the craziest decision in the clubs history.

If that's true, then it's definitely going to be a 'yes man' who comes in. No self-respecting coach will come and work with butttons and be expected to produce a miracle.

If that's true, then it's definitely going to be a 'yes man' who comes in. No self-respecting coach will come and work with butttons and be expected to produce a miracle.

And a cheap one at that.

I take back what I said about Bird before, what a crap article.

The board wants someone who is more than a coach?  Didn't Keegan get told off for this? 

And the board are now crediting themselves with the Ben Arfa/Tiote signings, remember Keegan getting blamed for Xisco after he left?

If there is opposition from some fans or players to someone such as Alan Pardew becoming boss - and some discontent is already evident - it might be tempered by the knowledge that he will be there for some time.

:lol: :lol:

what i would give for pardew to come out and say he is not interested in managing Newcastle, or that he hasnt been approached. 

I take back what I said about Bird before, what a crap article.

The board wants someone who is more than a coach?  Didn't Keegan get told off for this? 

And the board are now crediting themselves with the Ben Arfa/Tiote signings, remember Keegan getting blamed for Xisco after he left?

thought it was always understood that xisco, though welcomed by keegan and shown round a bit by him ,wasn't a keegan signing.

Article is complete tripe. He would never hand out such a long term contract after the past couple of years. His decisions involving money arent as stupid as his footballing ones.

Have to be a pretty big, reliable name to be handing out that kind of backing.

Article is complete tripe. He would never hand out such a long term contract after the past couple of years. His decisions involving money arent as stupid as his footballing ones.

Have to be a pretty big, reliable name to be handing out that kind of backing.

Never say never with our current owner - Anything is possible.

Also I wonder if 5 years will be time enough for him to claw back the cash from the club, that I believe he wants?

honestly can't see how he's going to get it.

Easy - TV Money, Merchandising, Season Ticket Sales, etc. As long as the cash keeps rolling in (and we stay in the PL), he can take it out when he likes.