Alan Pardew

JH

If there is opposition from some fans or players to someone such as Alan Pardew becoming boss - and some discontent is already evident - it might be tempered by the knowledge that he will be there for some time.

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

Bird's as thick as custard.

I take back what I said about Bird before, what a crap article.

The board wants someone who is more than a coach?  Didn't Keegan get told off for this? 

And the board are now crediting themselves with the Ben Arfa/Tiote signings, remember Keegan getting blamed for Xisco after he left?

thought it was always understood that xisco, though welcomed by keegan and shown round a bit by him ,wasn't a keegan signing.

That's what I mean.  Llambias later said it was Keegan's.

If there is opposition from some fans or players to someone such as Alan Pardew becoming boss - and some discontent is already evident - it might be tempered by the knowledge that he will be there for some time.

I see what you did there.  :pow:

Also I wonder if 5 years will be time enough for him to claw back the cash from the club, that I believe he wants?

honestly can't see how he's going to get it.

Easy - TV Money, Merchandising, Season Ticket Sales, etc. As long as the cash keeps rolling in (and we stay in the PL), he can take it out when he likes.

Easy?, IF we could possibly make £10m profit a year, a big if with fans started to disapear and likely more of them off after this latest shit storm (as well as another possible relegation now which will cost him even more), then he could maybe make his money back in 30 years time.

Dave,mellow out.Wake up and smell the coffee!

I see what you did there.  :pow:

:blush:

Also I wonder if 5 years will be time enough for him to claw back the cash from the club, that I believe he wants?

honestly can't see how he's going to get it.

Easy - TV Money, Merchandising, Season Ticket Sales, etc. As long as the cash keeps rolling in (and we stay in the PL), he can take it out when he likes.

Easy?, IF we could possibly make £10m profit a year, which is a big if with fans started to disapear and likely more of them off after this latest s*** storm, then he could maybe make his money back in 30 years time.

Perhaps he believes that folk will still turn up no matter what he does to them and the club?

Perhaps he believes that folk will still turn up no matter what he does to them and the club?

He can't have missed the fact that our crowds are already significantly down from our last Premiership season.  I mean the mans the Footballing equivalent of Forrest Gump without the luck but he can see numbers when they're staring him in the face.

The board wants someone who is more than a coach?  Didn't Keegan get told off for this? 

And the board are now crediting themselves with the Ben Arfa/Tiote signings, remember Keegan getting blamed for Xisco after he left?

thought it was always understood that xisco, though welcomed by keegan and shown round a bit by him ,wasn't a keegan signing.

i gave up trying to work out who's was who's when bassong was blamed on wise till he came good then he was keegans.

He can't have missed the fact that our crowds are already significantly down from our last Premiership season.  I mean the mans the Footballing equivalent of Forrest Gump without the luck but he can see numbers when they're staring him in the face.

Crowds are down, but the cash is still rolling in at the moment.

do you think we'll make an operating profit this season ?

i gave up trying to work out who's was who's when bassong was blamed on wise till he came good then he was keegans.

That was straight from the horses' mouth. 

My mate found this on the official site. God knows how it got through or how its still there.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy153/LukeT/Picture1.png

nufc.co.uk > tickets > FAQs. Under common problems  ;D

Nope - but we won't lose as much as we did last season. Then again - remember the the first remit of any new manager coming in may well be to sell Carroll. If Spurs or Chelsea come waving daft money in January, can you see Ashley saying no? I can't.

Nope - but we won't lose as much as we did last season. Then again - remember the the first remit of any new manager coming in may well be to sell Carroll. If Spurs or Chelsea come waving daft money in January, can you see Ashley saying no? I can't.

He could sell the entire squad if he likes but it wouldn't get him anywhere near even a third of his money back.  Revenue is where he'd be looking to make it back and like I said even at £10m a season, which is incredibly optimistic, it would take him the rest of his life (if a fat prick like him can manage to live another 30 years that is).

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Alan-Pardew-believes-he-is-front-runner-to-be-Newcastle-boss-as-the-Geordies-prepare-to-hand-their-latest-manager-a-long-term-deal-article646989.html

Alan Pardew believes he is front-runner to be Newcastle boss - as the Geordies prepare to hand their latest manager a “long term” deal.

Owner Mike Ashley wants his new boss to buy into his vision for the club, including working on a tight transfer budget and buying young stars.

Former West Ham and Southampton chief Pardew, who is currently in Germany on a coaching course, has told friends he is ready to step into the St James' Park hot-seat.

Martin Jol, who quit as Ajax chief on Monday, hours after Hughton’s exit, surprised Newcastle with his sudden availability but ruled himself out yesterday because of his friendship with Hughton, who was his No2 at Spurs.

Alan Curbishley also indicated yesterday that he was not interested in the job, and Alan Shearer has said he is definitely not a candidate.

Newcastle want a boss in place by Friday, in time for the clash with Liverpool at the weekend, and have already spoken to their “leading candidate” to pave the way. Further talks are planned for today.

Ashley and MD Derek Llambias removed Hughton because they regarded him as a good coach, but not a figurehead boss who could lead the club long term.

Having made the decisive but controversial move of dumping Hughton, Ashley is ready to pledge to put the club on a stable footing for years to come by announcing improved financial results soon.

Pardew had three years as West Ham boss, failed to make a huge impact at Charlton and was sacked by Southampton in August amid rumours of low morale among staff and players.

Nowt new like.