Alan Pardew

JH

I see what you mean, I just meant that people who judge NUFC mainly based on what they do on the pitch would seem to have to be happier now than any time since the season we got relegated, and maybe the couple before that as well.

Not happy compared to when we were in the Champions League obviously, but happier than in most recent seasons.

I don't know a single person who is happy that Pardew, Llambias or Ashley are at the club, not one.

I don't doubt it, I was talking more about performances and results last season. Surely better than most recent seasons, and beyond expectations.

Some of last seasons results were brilliant... before they sacked the manager and sold the best player in a six week period. Since then, it's been on a downward spiral. People tend to notice this sort of stuff.

As I said, just have to agree to disagree about that. IMO, saying that the second half of last season was a "downward spiral" is going way to far. And this season all we've done is draw with Arsenal.

Enrique leaving is a non-criticism for me, he just became too good for us at the same time as his contract was ending. These things happen if you aren't as high up the food chain as other clubs.

I don't doubt it, I was talking more about performances and results last season. Surely better than most recent seasons, and beyond expectations.

The season was up and running when Pardew joined, I can't think of many positives since he arrived.

As I said, just have to agree to disagree about that. IMO, saying that the second half of last season was a "downward spiral" is going way to far. And this season all we've done is draw with Arsenal.

Enrique leaving is a non-criticism for me, he just became too good for us at the same time as his contract was ending. These things happen if you aren't as high up the food chain as other clubs.

Enrique was happy here untill Pardew arrived.

I see what you mean, I just meant that people who judge NUFC mainly based on what they do on the pitch would seem to have to be happier now than any time since the season we got relegated, and maybe the couple before that as well.

Not happy compared to when we were in the Champions League obviously, but happier than in most recent seasons.

I don't know a single person who is happy that Pardew, Llambias or Ashley are at the club, not one.

Some of last seasons results were brilliant... before they sacked the manager and sold the best player in a six week period. Since then, it's been on a downward spiral. People tend to notice this sort of stuff.

That argument doesn't wash. He's gone to Liverpool who've shown bucketloads of ambition after Enrique was in the Newcastle team that gave them an arse-kicking last December. It's hardly light years apart, we were better than them mainly by virtue of having an unplayable striker in the team, now the opposite is true and he has watched it happen.

It's fuck all to do with the food chain and everything to do with letting them nick our best player and pocketing the money. Do you think if we'd kept Carroll but Liverpool had still sold Torres and then bought nobody to replace him and nobody in the summer, that he'd still have gone there?

Don't kid yourself because he wouldn't.

Guest Howaythetoon

The atmosphere at the weekend was strange. It bordered on the apathetic to the extremely vicious at times. I was in the usually placid East Stand and some of the comments regarding some of our new players were shocking to listen to. People are just waiting to kick right off. I likewise do not know a single person with NUFC in their heart be it those that go to  games or older folk who keep up to date with things via the radio and press, who is happy with things at the moment. many I know look at Pardew as the sinister backstabber who took the job of saint Chrissy Hughton, a mate of the evil Ashley and Llambias, a mouth piece, puppet and above all else, seriously average manager. People are pissed off and a defeat against the unwashed could result in ugly scenes. As far as I'm concerned Pardew can do nothing to win over me. I don't care if he masterminds a 5-0 win over the mackems, he for me is a poor manager but worst of all, a contemptable person, one I don't want associated with my club in the same way I don't want Ashley, Llambias and any other tosspot associated with my club. I long for honest, hard working, decent people with a degree of passion and humility about them. They don't have to be world-class at what they do, I just want to see my club represented by good guys. People like Hughton, Sir Bobby, KK, decent people with the club's best interest at heart.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think the place is like a firecracker at the moment waiting for a spark to light it.

A drubbing on Saturday would definately light the fuse

Guest Howaythetoon

Enrique was happy here untill Pardew arrived.

They all were, if rumours are true, they were all fucking livid over the sacking of Hughton and the appointment of Pardew. I know for a fact Barton kicked off and that's probably why the club want shot of him or rather the owner and MD as he was massively critical of them and their decisions.

Some cracking posts in this thread from HTT, Wullie, Otter etc.

In complete agreement that your average NUFC Fan in Newcastle, if questioned, would be seriously averse to the presence of Parnicchio and the two stooges.

Guest hobshobs

Now he's gone public and said that Shola will start on Saturday. Yet if a player does that on Twitter he's in trouble. This club is so amateurish it beggars belief.

To be fair it's not that big shocking news that he starts. Many clubs give the odd hint on their starting XI pre-match.

It would be more interesting for Sunderland if some players like Simpson or Barton would tweet they wouldn't play a day before the match (like Enrique did last season).

That's true David it isn't shocking news given what we have available up front. What it is for me though is depressing.

Will we get effort from him? Doubt it.

Will we get attitude from him? Doubt it.

Will he be on his toes and ready? Doubt it. Flat footed all the time like Saturday.

Will he be offside more often than not? That's a certainty.

Will he score? Possibly another penalty and possibly another two years on his contract.

Jeez just f*** right off Shola.

Personally, I think we'll have a good season. We've been tight and twats in the transfer market and it's fucked us over on incomings but the business we've done has been decent. Ever since Hughton went Enrique was odds on to go and even if Hughton had stayed we really don't know what Enrique would have done. The barton business has pissed me off as it seems like we've had no idea what we're doing from the get go, we look as amateurish as always. However, if we sign a decent LB and striker then I'll go into the season positive.

As for Pardew, I think he's done a good enough job, he can hardly stick two fingers up to the board, Hughton couldn't do it. The only person who did it was KK and we know where that got him and us. I'm crying out for someone who cares about the club to be in charge like you HTT but in spite of that, I'm willing to judge things as objectively as I can at present. In terms of Ashley's long-term plan, I honestly believe cutting the wage bill, getting rid of ridiculous contracts for joke players and not paying big money for players who are completely unproven at PL level is the only way to move forward. I don't want to see ridiculous investment and see us just racking up the debt. As long as we invest enough to get in quality at LB and a striker's position, whether that's £10M or up to £15 (no way will we go over) then I'm not complaining, it's sustainable and every signing so far has been promising.

In spite of this, if they honestly think they can go into the new season without a new LB or striker come the end of the window or they get rid of Tiote, Colo or to a lesser extent Barton, I will lose it as will the vast majority

Personally, I think we'll have a good season. We've been tight and twats in the transfer market and it's fucked us over on incomings but the business we've done has been decent. Ever since Hughton went Enrique was odds on to go and even if Hughton had stayed we really don't know what Enrique would have done. The barton business has pissed me off as it seems like we've had no idea what we're doing from the get go, we look as amateurish as always. However, if we sign a decent LB and striker then I'll go into the season positive.

As for Pardew, I think he's done a good enough job, he can hardly stick two fingers up to the board, Hughton couldn't do it. The only person who did it was KK and we know where that got him and us. I'm crying out for someone who cares about the club to be in charge like you HTT but in spite of that, I'm willing to judge things as objectively as I can at present. In terms of Ashley's long-term plan, I honestly believe cutting the wage bill, getting rid of ridiculous contracts for joke players and not paying big money for players who are completely unproven at PL level is the only way to move forward. I don't want to see ridiculous investment and see us just racking up the debt. As long as we invest enough to get in quality at LB and a striker's position, whether that's £10M or up to £15 (no way will we go over) then I'm not complaining, it's sustainable and every signing so far has been promising.

In spite of this, if they honestly think they can go into the new season without a new LB or striker come the end of the window or they get rid of Tiote, Colo or to a lesser extent Barton, I will lose it as will the vast majority

:clap:

Totally agree, you just put it better than I've managed.

Fools

Last week!!!!!!! 

Pards on LB:“The process started just about this time last week.Clubs know we are in need of a left back and they make it difficult."

Please tell me that's not real. :mackems:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fools

Last week!!!!!!! 

Pards on LB:“The process started just about this time last week.Clubs know we are in need of a left back and they make it difficult."

Please tell me that's not real. :mackems:

Very real unfortunately

I'm sure he said ages ago there was a plan in place if Jose went

Contradictory

The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them....To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies — all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.