Alan Pardew

JH

Let's say the club gets taken over next month. Would feel incredibly strange having him as manager.

The fact of the matter is, since the club was first made available for sale by Hall and Shepherd, Ashley is the only one who has been willing to put the money down required. Where are these saviours who will buy the club and pour money into the squad? So far the only serious interest was NUST with their collective whip round which flopped, and Barry Moat who was told to take his begging cap to the pawn shop by the banks.

Barry Moat :lol:

I'd be surprised if Pardew's still here at the end of the season, tbh.

Everything will calm down once the window closes I reckon, unless we don't get a LB in.

What about the striker?

Not sure where my post went? Must have erased by accident.

'cheers for that tron, but what relevance does that have to ronaldos post?'

"let's say the club gets taken over next month"

Is it likely to get taken over?

That wasn't the point though was it? The point was re the manager and his stature in the game. Can't you see that?

You may want to save your response for a post along the lines of:

'surely we'll be taken over soon, I want a Geordie saviour god damn it!'

Then your response is golden mate. Abosloutely golden.

That wasn't the point though was it? The point was re the manager and his stature in the game. Can't you see that?

You may want to save your response for a post along the lines of:

'surely we'll be taken over soon, I want a Geordie saviour god damn it!'

Then your response is golden mate. Abosloutely golden.

Basically, I think our expectations are higher than the reality. It's not about a Geordie saviour, it's about ANY saviour. If Ashley is making such a mint out of this club why aren't there buyers lining up to cash in and hire a manager who will do a better job?

I am know officially annoyed with Pards. Had a large portion of the summer knowing we need to get a leftback, and he's not got one in on time for the derby. Inexcusable basically. The s*** will well and truly hit the fan should we lose tomorrow.  :thdn:

Do you really think that this is Pardew's fault?

I am know officially annoyed with Pards. Had a large portion of the summer knowing we need to get a leftback, and he's not got one in on time for the derby. Inexcusable basically. The s*** will well and truly hit the fan should we lose tomorrow.  :thdn:

I'm sure he's devastated.

Do you really think that this is Pardew's fault?

DOn't care at this point really.

Let's say the club gets taken over next month. Would feel incredibly strange having him as manager.

The fact of the matter is, since the club was first made available for sale by Hall and Shepherd, Ashley is the only one who has been willing to put the money down required. Where are these saviours who will buy the club and pour money into the squad? So far the only serious interest was NUST with their collective whip round which flopped, and Barry Moat who was told to take his begging cap to the pawn shop by the banks.

That is the reality. And people should not rule out a scenario in which Ashley sells the club to someone worse, and by that I mean someone who somehow finds the asking price MA wants then f*cks up and can't afford to fund a recovery. It seems to be the case that people buying football clubs invariably get unpleasant surprises when they find out what it takes to keep them going let alone move them forward.

Also a change of owner often means change of manager and not always for the best. I'm struggling to believe that Avram Grant was a better manager than Zola, and that Steve Kean is a better manager than Allardyce (and I'm purely looking at Allardyce as a Premiership survivor not with any great admiration I might add).

If there were any billionaire spendaholics looking to buy us, Ashley would be gone already. I doubt he will manage to sell the club for at least the next five years or so.

Not until the global economy recovers significantly anyway. There's no profit to be made out of NUFC at the moment, we're only worth buying as a plaything.

I am know officially annoyed with Pards. Had a large portion of the summer knowing we need to get a leftback, and he's not got one in on time for the derby. Inexcusable basically. The shit will well and truly hit the fan should we lose tomorrow.  :thdn:

It's the club you should be blaming, not Pards.

I've thought quite a bit what I would do in his shoes, if I'd been sacked from my job running a smaller co, and was offered one running one of the bigger companies in the country months later, would I just sit and take my money, be grateful and be their puppet?

I honestly don't think i could. Surely pride comes in somewhere? The bloke is wasting his time opening his mouth, he is either being lied to every window, or he just spouts total shite.

I couldn't either and this is why I feel absolutely no sympathy for him. He knew exactly what he was doing and he will have to deal with the consequences.

:)

Nobodies arguing that point man!

So what point is it we are arguing?

Is that the Andy Gorgam 'we'? You're  currently arguing against yourself mate.

More vague waffle. If you think I've missed the point about what was being said feel free to clear it up any time.

Guest Mantis

That is the reality. And people should not rule out a scenario in which Ashley sells the club to someone worse, and by that I mean someone who somehow finds the asking price MA wants then f*cks up and can't afford to fund a recovery. It seems to be the case that people buying football clubs invariably get unpleasant surprises when they find out what it takes to keep them going let alone move them forward.

Also a change of owner often means change of manager and not always for the best. I'm struggling to believe that Avram Grant was a better manager than Zola, and that Steve Kean is a better manager than Allardyce (and I'm purely looking at Allardyce as a Premiership survivor not with any great admiration I might add).

So are we supposed to be grateful for the idiots we have. If clubs like fulham can be run sensibly and play in Europe with their resources and fan base, I will burn before I'm grateful for the shoddy way this club is being treat.