Alan Pardew

JH

Was in response to this:

Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

No doubt #NUFC were initially hoping to release their transfer statement on Wednesday night but "just couldn't get it over the line"....

:lol:

"Newcastle United worked hard on the deadline day to try and bring in a striker, but in the end it was too late. Too often, teams and agents moved the goalposts and made it incredibly difficult for us to do any business.

"We do not let deadline day cloud what was a very successful transfer window however. We parted with players that weren't sold on the NUFC vision and also brought in some amazing talent."

"Yohan Cabaye, Davide Santon and Demba Ba are very talented players and add so much to Alan Pardew's team, which has had a very good start to the season."

"Add to this the emergence of talent such as Sammy Ameobi and Haris Vuckic and we have a very promising future ahead of us."

"We continue to strive to make NUFC one of the best brands in Europe and our acquisitions in this window have helped to raise the profile of this club in France and the rest of Europe."

Is that the real one? If not, well done.

I don't see the point of this tbh. What other clubs do this at the end of the window to explain players they didn't sign? Stupid.

I can only assume it's to answer the critics who say they have gone silent and there has been no explanation. I've read the Journal and Chronicle and the writers have aimed that criticism. Pointless really, they didn't deliver and there are no valid explanations after nine months.

What a fucking pointless argument and fatuous point. Encouraging journalists to make our manager look a dick in public is the stupidest thing I've heard for ages.

Wish people could stop their crusade and just support the club for a while.

Football management is full of bullshit, spin and half-truths, nobody tells the public what we seem to think Pardew has a duty to tell us. This whole argument really annoys me, it's based on a premise of truthfulness that nobody in football lives upto.

What a fucking pointless argument and fatuous point. Encouraging journalists to make our manager look a dick in public is the stupidest thing I've heard for ages.

Football management is full of bullshit, spin and half-truths, nobody tells the public what we seem to think Pardew has a duty to tell us. This whole argument really annoys me, it's based on a premise of truthfulness that nobody in football lives upto.

Its our owner who make him look like a dick...

Guest Rainforest

so because there is no accountability in fotball, any statement is pointless?

Regardless of how they spin it, I still want to hear their take on it.

They owe us that much at least.

so because there is no accountability in fotball, any statement is pointless?

Regardless of how they spin it, I still want to hear their take on it.

They owe us that much at least.

No, I didn't say that.

Expecting the manager to speak to the press is fine, expecting what he says to be true and taking some kind of masochistic pleasure in encouraging journalists to pile pressure on him is just stupid.

Where have they had a go at Pardew.

If anything they're sympathising with him.

it's based on the fact that Ashley and Lambias are using our football club as an advert for Sports Direct and aren't interested in the slightest in improving us a football team, not now, not ever. and for that i want them hounded out of town at the nearest opportunity, the only way i can see anything like that happening is if journalists start to highlight what they're up to so the common fan comes round to the idea.

it doesnt mean i dont want us to win next weekend.

To be fair, the journalists have generally been quite sympathetic to Pardew this week, I think they realise it's out of his hands. The questions are being asked about the ownership and their aims. We had a glorious opportunity to build a squad which could really do well this season but due to failure to recruit the key striker we've put that in jeopardy. The manner it was done leaves a sour taste as well.