Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I can see the attendance being well down at the next home game.

The general consensus is that most people are fed up with the shite now

Guest bimpy474

Pardew isn't at fault really, the money men fucked up the deals, he just has to get on with it, Dekka should come out and do an interview on NUFC TV, not that he will, the coward.

And the reason they didn't even secure anyone on loan despite a few players clearly being available?

Utter crap.

They should have had someone ready to come in on July 1st, if it was clear that the contracts we were offering to players weren't going to attract them by that point they should have reconsidered their contract offers to provide a more attractive package.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

The general consensus is that most people are fed up with the s**** now

We've got 3 away games until then, might depend on the results in that period.

Fulham was down 10k and that was on the back of a win at the Makems

Guest bimpy474

I was thinking that, if we are still doing ok, the attendence will still be up i reckon.

Nothing they could say in the statement that would please people tbh.

A little self criticism and not blaming everyone and everything else would have gone a long way with me.

Strange reaction. I thought it for what had to be said they did it quite well. He left out any excuses mentioning over the line, helicopters, players changing their mind last minute, he never mentioned January.

I'd say its as good a statement as can be given, what was everyone else looking for?

Its not acceptable that they didn't get someone in but we knew that already and I don't think he made that scenario look any worse than what I was expecting.

Fulham was down 10k and that was on the back of a win at the Makems

Bear in mind Fulham hardly brought anyone, and the away section has been doubled pretty much to 3,000.  So it was really only down about 7k. 

But yeah, I take your point.

Not quite sure what people expected from the statement. Different wordings, whatever, same meaning.

What it needed was either a genuine apology or an assuming of responsibility, preferably both. Instead, it's a thinly veiled appraisal of the dealings they've done and a sort of 'meh, atleast we weren't ripped off' with regards to the missing centre forward.

Pointless statement, essentially.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Not quite sure what people expected from the statement. Different wordings, whatever, same meaning.

How's about " I'm a prize nob and should have bought a player instead of trying to penny pinch, I realise now that not having a proven goal scorer has probably damaged our season"

Oh and "I tender my resignation".

f***ing bullshit statement that doesnt even make sense ffs. If wern't going to knee jerk then we wouldnt have bid for Ruiz and Cisse in the final days of the window, having showed 0 interest in months previous.

Our failure to acquire a striker having had ample funds and from January to find one is quite frankly amateur and shambolic and WILL cost the football club points.

Absolutely no way of getting round that one, no matter how many bullshit excuses and statements are released.