Alan Pardew

JH

so because there is no accountability in fotball, any statement is pointless?

Regardless of how they spin it, I still want to hear their take on it.

They owe us that much at least.

No, I didn't say that.

Expecting the manager to speak to the press is fine, expecting what he says to be true and taking some kind of masochistic pleasure in encouraging journalists to pile pressure on him is just stupid.

on the owners ian, not on him. he knew exactly what he was getting himself in for, perhaps you should start writing football journalism? they'd love you at SJP that's for sure. why on earth is it masochistic? you're showing more and more signs of stockholm syndrome.

Guest icemanblue

What a fucking pointless argument and fatuous point. Encouraging journalists to make our manager look a dick in public is the stupidest thing I've heard for ages.

Wish people could stop their crusade and just support the club for a while.

Football management is full of bullshit, spin and half-truths, nobody tells the public what we seem to think Pardew has a duty to tell us. This whole argument really annoys me, it's based on a premise of truthfulness that nobody in football lives upto.

To be fair, the journalists have generally been quite sympathetic to Pardew this week, I think they realise it's out of his hands. The questions are being asked about the ownership and their aims. We had a glorious opportunity to build a squad which could really do well this season but due to failure to recruit the key striker we've put that in jeopardy. The manner it was done leaves a sour taste as well.

Bingo bango.

No, I didn't say that.

Expecting the manager to speak to the press is fine, expecting what he says to be true and taking some kind of masochistic pleasure in encouraging journalists to pile pressure on him is just stupid.

Ian, you're the perfect fan.  :thup:

i meen you can run the club on a tight budget and count the pennies etc and drive hard bargains for players - most clubs work that way at the moment with the exception of a few, but its the manner in which they conduct themselves at times which is baffling. Last gasp desperate bids for players and the countless PR blunders, as well as treatment of senior staff, ex-managers and shocking communications (which is probably harming them more than anything) etc. They are all recurring themes and it seems like they really have no idea how to run a football club. Not paying 1million here or there to get a player we desperately NEED (not just want) is absurd and shows they dont have a clue how the market works. i think there needs to be clarification on why and im sure the statement will just be a defence of their practices as usual, instead of admitting any mistakes and helping us all move forward

What a f***ing pointless argument and fatuous point. Encouraging journalists to make our manager look a dick in public is the stupidest thing I've heard for ages.

Football management is full of bullshit, spin and half-truths, nobody tells the public what we seem to think Pardew has a duty to tell us. This whole argument really annoys me, it's based on a premise of truthfulness that nobody in football lives upto.

Seriously Ian, you have to take your "Ashley is a genius" tinted glasses off for a bit. You need a strong local press who ask the right sort of questions, who understand the fans frustration, they are our only conduit to the club, we the fans are the customer base and have a right to know what product we are putting our hard earned money towards.

Blind support which you seem to be advocating here, will get us nowhere,  all it does is reinforces acceptance of the way the board are running the club, if we don't complain we obviously like the situation we are in. No one wants to see Pardew hung drawn and quartered, everyone to a man can see he's just a figure head with no real power, but he's the only person who will talk there, so the questions should and need to fly in his direction, if he feels he should deflect the tough ones to the Owner and his lacky then he should.

No, I didn't say that.

Ian, you're the perfect fan.   :thup:

He's right though.

It's far better to be a realist.

No, I didn't say that.

Ian, you're the perfect fan.  :thup:

He's right though.

It's far better to be a realist.

He's not right, he's saying we should expect lies from Pardew.

What a fucking pointless argument and fatuous point. Encouraging journalists to make our manager look a dick in public is the stupidest thing I've heard for ages.

it's based on the fact that Ashley and Lambias are using our football club as an advert for Sports Direct and aren't interested in the slightest in improving us a football team, not now, not ever. and for that i want them hounded out of town at the nearest opportunity, the only way i can see anything like that happening is if journalists start to highlight what they're up to so the common fan comes round to the idea.

it doesnt mean i dont want us to win next weekend.

Seems to be a fairly expensive way to advertise Sports Direct, £240m + for some signs on a stadium where a reasonable chunk of the people in that stadium would like to burn Sports Direct to the ground...

Guest johnson293

it's based on the fact that Ashley and Lambias are using our football club as an advert for Sports Direct and aren't interested in the slightest in improving us a football team, not now, not ever. and for that i want them hounded out of town at the nearest opportunity, the only way i can see anything like that happening is if journalists start to highlight what they're up to so the common fan comes round to the idea.

Seems to be a fairly expensive way to advertise Sports Direct, £240m + for some signs on a stadium where a reasonable chunk of the people in that stadium would like to burn Sports Direct to the ground...

Case in point though - the club are changing the 'NEWCASTLE UNITED' signage to add SD.com logos to either side of it.

That signage is the prominent things shown on Sky matches, MOTD, etc as the teams walk out and line up.

Its not the peopel in the ground he's advertising to - its the national/global premier league audience. And it seems SD don't even pay a penny for the priveledge!

he'll save a fortune in the long run

Guest Rainforest

What a f***ing pointless argument and fatuous point. Encouraging journalists to make our manager look a dick in public is the stupidest thing I've heard for ages.

:lol:  I understand your logic but keep in mind there are plonkers in every suburb of the UK + entire europe getting SD logos smeared into their faces also. The Advertising profit is enormous as he is not paying a shilling for it.

Its not the peopel in the ground he's advertising to

There is that SD.com sign as you walk under the Milburn stand, only the fans would see that one.

The one everyone chants "Sports Direct is fucking shit" when they pass it :lol:

Case in point though - the club are changing the 'NEWCASTLE UNITED' signage to add SD.com logos to either side of it.

That signage is the prominent things shown on Sky matches, MOTD, etc as the teams walk out and line up.

Its not the peopel in the ground he's advertising to - its the national/global premier league audience. And it seems SD don't even pay a penny for the priveledge!

And of course we get the bleating heart from his people that Mike puts a lot of his personal money in to keep the club afloat, when in reality SD should be paying for free advertising like this.

I doubt that the benefits to Sports Direct are that massive, and the effect on their profits will be smaller still. It's good advertising for them of course, but it's just a small part of their promotional campaigns.

It's certainly not worth paying £200m for.

Guest ovesbar

And of course we get the bleating heart from his people that Mike puts a lot of his personal money in to keep the club afloat, when in reality SD should be paying for free advertising like this.

Its probably cheaper than to pay interest on a 150 million loan

I doubt that the benefits to Sports Direct are that massive, and the effect on their profits will be smaller still. It's good advertising for them of course, but it's just a small part of their promotional campaigns.

No suprise there, fella. :iamatwat:

i think he's in the process of seeing that it is

I think it's actually pretty significant. That Newcastle united sign is very very prominent, I'm amazed he's resisted this long. Along with of course the Gallowgate end sign and the "official" name of the ground and every interview conducted at SJP has SD logo in the shot. He's getting a lot for free. DHL sponsor manure training kit for 42million ffs, not saying we are as good an advertising vehicle as they are but you would be amazed at the global exposure the PL offers, I don't believe clubs maximise it to it's fullest extent tbh.