Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Actually played football today, much more like it. Makes me wonder why the f*** it's taken until today to show it though, we certainly have the players to do so. Still think we worry too much about what the opposition will do and base our tactics on that accordingly. If that's taken too far or is plainly wrong (as it was against QPR) we look absolute garbage. We fancied our chances knocking it about a bit today and looked a different class to the side that played QPR despite there only being one change. Pardew needs to have faith in our players.

Apart from bloody Shola. What on earth was he thinking bringing him on?

I thought Shola did well after coming on - better than Ba showed.

Pardew probably wanted to give him the chance to get over the stinker at QPR and show that he can rise above the over-the-top criticisms he's getting.

Ba was much better than Shola. And he's not even looking match fit yet. Vastly superior player.

Thought Ba retained possession better than what Shola did, but it was much of a muchness. Aside from falling over for no reason whatsoever, Shola didn't really have a bad game. Ba looked a lot more confident and sharper than he has done in previous matches; think he's going to be a good player for us.

Shola's entire game is falling over for no reason whatsoever.

Aye since he signed a new contract , he looked lazy like a mule...

You mean he has been something other than that before?

In all seriousness I don't think he has been any good since that purple patch enduced by Kinnear... and even that was short lived due to injury.

I think I am fully exhausted berating/hoping he fulfils that flashes of talent he had and resigned to keep the goofy, lethargic enigma until he retires. He

shouldnt be anywhere near that first team, but he is still here due to many reasons.

- No one wants to take him off our hands and he is happy to get paid here.

- Given our depth I don't think we had much choice but to keep him around.

- He doesnt kick up much of a fuss if he is benched.

- He has always trained well (apparently), so is a good role model,

- Being around will help Sammy through is another reason he got another contract.

All that said its shocking he should ever start ahead of Ba or Best tbh and he looks even slower, clumsy and demotivated than normal this season.

Shola's entire game is falling over for no reason whatsoever.

Aye since he signed a new contract , he looked lazy like a mule...

You mean he has been something other than that before?

In all seriousness I don't think he has been any good since that purple patch enduced by Kinnear... and even that was short lived due to injury.

I think I am fully exhausted berating/hoping he fulfils that flashes of talent he had and resigned to keep the goofy, lethargic enigma until he retires. He

shouldnt be anywhere near that first team, but he is still here due to many reasons.

- No one wants to take him off our hands and he is happy to get paid here.

- Given our depth I don't think we had much choice but to keep him around.

- He doesnt kick up much of a fuss if he is benched.

- He has always trained well (apparently), so is a good role model,

- Being around will help Sammy through is another reason he got another contract.

All that said its shocking he should ever start ahead of Ba or Best tbh and he looks even slower, clumsy and demotivated than normal this season.

:sadnod:

Just about sums it up....

A Regulatory Commission has today warned Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew as to his future conduct.

He was charged with improper conduct relating to comments he made to the media prior to Newcastle United's match at Sunderland on August 20 2011.

Alan denied the charge and requested a personal hearing which was held today.

What did he say?

He said: "The referee needs to make sure he referees the game from a completely neutral point of view because Joey has been in the press a fair bit this week - more than Joey would have liked and more than I would like - and I'm sure he'll get a mention in Sunderland's game plan.

"He's a very, very good player and they'll need to stop him but I've got no qualms about throwing Joey in there, no doubts at all. But the referee will need to be astute."

Reading between the lines he's basically saying all referees are cunts and in the pay of Far Eastern betting syndicates. Disgraceful tbh.

I know I go on, but that's now 1 defeat in 13 games.

I'd love to know the last time we had an isolated defeat like that...maybe 2001 with the end of that season, the Intertoto Cup & the start of the 2001-2 season?

Pretty sure we were on an epic run of form before the 3-0 home trashing (Dyer/Bowyer-gate) against Villa under Souness. :pow:

I know I go on, but that's now 1 defeat in 13 games.

I'd love to know the last time we had an isolated defeat like that...maybe 2001 with the end of that season, the Intertoto Cup & the start of the 2001-2 season?

The results have been good but I thought his team selection was a bit weird today. I don't mind that he made 9 changes but if I was going to bring on a striker to win a game I think Ba or Best would have been better options than Shola.

While some of his decisions baffle me, I have to say Pardew surprised me tonight with making so many changes in a game he desperately wanted to win. He's got balls if nothing else. Ferguson at LB, Mehdi in midfield, starting HBA rather than giving him a 20 min cameo. If we'd lost he'd have got slaughtered so to win away from home in a cup tie is a bit of a feather in his cap at the end of the day.