Alan Pardew

JH

Guest LJA0210

Shocked by the amount of comments i have read in this thread saying they will jack in NUFC after this, i mean com'mon guys, supporting this club is never ever a walk in the park!  Have to support us through thick and thin.

its always the thin with this club though

I agree with the 'support the club through thick and thin' attitude in principle, but I can't help feeling like jacking it in at this moment.

The thing is the absence of hope, Ashley has finally shut down any possibility I had to feel optimistic about NUFC. There just doesn't seem to be any chance of improvement the way he wants to run the club. 

Takes over in

Pardew's managerial career, as I am mightily bored:

Reading

1999/2000: Finishes 10th in League One

2000/2001: League One playoff final defeat

2001/2002: Automatic promotion to the Championship

2002/2003: Championship playoffs defeat - leaves for:

West Ham

2003/2004: Championship playoff final defeat

2004/2005: Championship playoff final victory

2005/2006: Finishes 9th in Premier League, FA Cup final defeat

2006/2007: Worst run of defeats for West Ham in over 70 years including League Cup defeat to Chesterfield - sacked in December, turns up at:

Charlton

2006/2007: Takes over in December, relegated from the Premier League

2007/2008: Finishes 11th in the Championship

2008/2009: Near the foot of the table and without a win in eight - sacked in November, turns up at:

Southampton

2009/2010: Narrowly misses out on League One playoff spots despite 10pt deduction, wins Football League Trophy - sacked

Loads better than Hughton, that.

Bump.

Takes over in December - relegated...wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he makes it a brace.

I'd say the situation is worse. When JFK came in we were a fucking shambles already. It was the icing on a shambolic cake. Up until Monday we were in a bad patch but a solid position after a good start to the season. The scale of change in outlook since Monday morning (48 hours ago!) is more dramatic

i didn't ask about the situation, i asked about how pardew could possibly be considered worse than JFK

i'm out, i'll come back in a few days see if people have calmed down enough to talk sense

The thing is, with JFK, I never had the sense that it was permanent. Ashley had simultaneously put the club up for sale and, whilst hoping in vain that he would only be here until the club was sold, I accepted the fact that abolsutely no-one would work under those conditions of uncertainty. No-one. JFK, as shite as he was, was only going to be interim. This takes the piss.

There is no board.

There is. They said earlier this week

"The board would like to place on record their thanks to Chris for his considerable efforts during the club's transition from Championship to Premier League football. Chris has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in October 2009. The club wishes him well for the future."

The following go to board meetings: Mike Ashley,Derek Llambias,Lee Charnley, John Irving,Dale Aitchison &

Wendy Taylor

There must be a Qatar family looking to promote their country and football prior to the world cup....

There is apparently there looking at Everton & Spurs as well though.

David Craig reckons there is more than one man in the running and that nothing has been signed yet, Although he isn't saying Pardew won't eventually be appointed but it looks like we might have to wait til Friday time to find out either way...

That is a deliberate ploy from the club to make us think there wasn't a pre-determined plan. Fact.

What happened to our hooligan firm element by the way?  Seem to act like dicks and embarrass us from time to time, but when we actually need someone to burn a car out or punch a twat they're nowhere to be seen.

:lol: Good point.

David Craig reckons there is more than one man in the running and that nothing has been signed yet, Although he isn't saying Pardew won't eventually be appointed but it looks like we might have to wait til Friday time to find out either way...

That is a deliberate ploy from the club to make us think there wasn't a pre-determined plan. Fact.

Hoenstly, what a bunch of lying cunts they are. This must be the final straw, surely. Why should we take this time and again? Lying, cheating, clueless scum with no class.

Boycoutt.

There is no board.

"The board would like to place on record their thanks to Chris for his considerable efforts during the club's transition from Championship to Premier League football. Chris has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in October 2009. The club wishes him well for the future."

The following go to board meetings: Mike Ashley,Derek Llambias,Lee Charnley, John Irving,Dale Aitchison &

Wendy Taylor

They were hardly going to say "Dezza and Mike would like to thank Chris for all..." :laugh:

There is no board.

Wendy Taylor

They were hardly going to say "Dezza and Mike would like to thank Chris for all..." :laugh:

There is more than Del & Mike on the board. Of course the owner is going to make the big decisons this is what happens at Chelsea who also have a board of directors but what Roman wants goes when it comes to the crunch. MUFC have a massive board of directors made of a legion Glazers + Gill + some others but in the end the club will do what daddy G wants.