Alan Pardew

JH

not a chance, why on earth would he leave here after years in the wilderness when it's been going so well? the england job's an absolute poisoned chalice. those worrying about pardew going to spurs when harry gets the job needn't worry either, he's done great for us so far but they'll be looking for someone better to maintain a champions league push imo.

you're ignoring the fact that the FA are almost certain to go english when cappello fucks off, once you factor that in there aren't many better candidates assuming pardew manages to maintain upward progress

as regards the why would he take it?  it is one of the most poisoned jobs in football but it's all about the rewards for the person that succeeds, financial but mainly otherwise

he's worked for ages to get a good job, he's come back from nowhere and he's got one, he's doing really well and his boss trusts him. he could be back on the managerial scrap heap within a year if he took the england job, i'm starting to get the feeling he's got more about him than just going for the money.

not a chance, why on earth would he leave here after years in the wilderness when it's been going so well? the england job's an absolute poisoned chalice. those worrying about pardew going to spurs when harry gets the job needn't worry either, he's done great for us so far but they'll be looking for someone better to maintain a champions league push imo.

£5,000,000 a year, set up for life, contract is usually quite persuasive.

Especially when he's on feck all here

Pardew for England.  :lol: have a word.  :lol:

who else could be in the frame then if the FA want an English manager to replace cappello, other than redknapp that is?

he'd not be my choice of manager, but then steve mclaren wouldn't have been either tbh and i don't remember mclaren having as good a PL record as pardew has right now with us

I agree it probably is too soon for him and it seems daft even talking about it but he does seem to have a lot of good qualities under his belt be that man management, setting up teams, changing tactics during a game, substitutions and bags of passion.

Sometimes managers careers take a downward spiral more to do with who they are working with and external factors and not just because they are crap. Also you sometimes have to take a few falls to be succeed at things in life.

Hope he stays for years.

Nearly 70 or something, that shouldn't matter though imo.

What you have to remember is that Pardew was an absolute nobody 12 months ago. He'd just been sacked from a League 1 team. Even two highly successful years managing us won't get him the gig from that - otherwise you could argue the likes of Ian Holloway and Tony Pulis should be in the frame too.

Nearly 70 or something, that shouldn't matter though imo.

What you have to remember is that Pardew was an absolute nobody 12 months ago. He'd just been sacked from a League 1 team. Even two highly successful years managing us won't get him the gig from that - otherwise you could argue the likes of Ian Holloway and Tony Pulis should be in the frame too.

jesus i'm not saying he will or should get the England job but it'd be remiss not to consider it a possibility...personally i think if the redknapp heart shit is real they shouldn't be going anywhere near him at that sort of age like

Pardew's stock has risen massively over the last year but the England job will come too soon for him imo, even if he continues his progress with us. It'll be Redknapp.

agree, how old is redknapp?  and i wonder how serious his heart s*** is....

It baffles me when people go to the effort to ask this type of thing on a forum. Just type his fucking name into Google.

Pardew's stock has risen massively over the last year but the England job will come too soon for him imo, even if he continues his progress with us. It'll be Redknapp.

agree, how old is redknapp?  and i wonder how serious his heart s*** is....

It baffles me when people go to the effort to ask this type of thing on a forum. Just type his fucking name into Google.

64 it is then...Google, thanks for that i'll keep an eye on it for the future, seems kind of useful

Pardew, is the leading English manager in the prem at the moment, and even if/when the buble bursts, it's only Odious saggy chops dodgy geezer loathsome Redknapp with the dodgy ticker that is likely to overtake him.

There's a distinct lack of quality English mangers right now, so the FA stance on the next appointment being English is stupid in the extreme.

I can see Pards being tempted to fill the void at spuds if the FA do appoint the twat, but no need to worry just yet a lot of things can happen between now and the end of Euro 2012.

Pardew has said he doesn't want the England job and he'll stick by that I reckon.

That's complete bullshit, every English manager wants that job, it's the pinnacle of your career as a manager. If the FA come knocking he'll take it make no mistake about that, but I doubt they come knocking anytime soon, unless he wins something this year.

"It's nice to hear your name mentioned with things like that, but in terms of the England job, it's not for me at this time. I'm just not interested in it. I don't think I have the experience to do that job.

"There's someone in hospital at the moment (Redknapp) who could definitely do the job though. I think he's at the right age and he's had the right experience in his career.

"When it comes to the England job, I think the most important thing about the position is that the general public need to buy in to whoever the manager is. I think they would willingly buy in to Harry Redknapp, and I think that's very important. He would definitely be my choice."

Okay, so he says it's not for him "at this time". Things could very well change but I reckon he'll still be with us for the whole of next season at the very least.

Guest icemanblue

Pardew could become our Alex Ferguson IMO, I understand why any manager would fancy a crack at the England job, but I would be disappointed if he took it any time in the next 5 years at least.

:lol: Aye, definitely.

Guest icemanblue

People are getting far too carried away. Hard to take most of this stuff seriously.

As Sewelly says, calling him 'our Alex Ferguson' kind of implies 25 years of rampant success. :lol:

WTF.

I'm not guaranteeing he's going to win multiple championships or owt, I'm just saying that he could have a long and successful career here and it would be a shame to see him abandon it so early for England.

Why couldn't it happen?

I demand you take me seriously! ???