Alan Pardew

JH

I think Pards is turning out to be a great fit for this club. He's a bit of a showman and seems to really relish being at a big club. Not everyone does, but he looks like he was born to it.

Spot on. It's not about managers being better than others at this level imo. It's more about the chemistry between club, players, fans and the manager himself, as well as timing and circumstances.

I think Pards is turning out to be a great fit for this club. He's a bit of a showman and seems to really relish being at a big club. Not everyone does, but he looks like he was born to it.

Spot on. It's not about managers being better than others at this level imo. It's more about the chemistry between club, players, fans and the manager himself, as well as timing and circumstances.

True but Pardew seems to be a great manager as such as well. His man-managing skills seem to be very good, he gets the best out of every player and tactically he's spot on most of the time.

Sometimes for managers these kinds of jobs come at just the right time in their career path.

Really?  :lol:

Man, that's the first genuine mention I've seen, but then I don't really read many newspapers these days. Don't think Pardew is 'glamorous' enough.

Yup - and old saggy face Redknapp was right at the front of the queue when glamour was being handed out  :lol:

Plus i fancy us to get something from the next three games, their away from home, no pressure. A point or two would be epic.

:lol: Imagine scraping by with 3 draws, keeping pace and remaining undefeated.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Really?  :lol:

Man, that's the first genuine mention I've seen, but then I don't really read many newspapers these days. Don't think Pardew is 'glamorous' enough.

Yup - and old saggy face Redknapp was right at the front of the queue when glamour was being handed out  :lol:

:lol:

Talking about the bench and subs and our form: "it breeds confidence in the guys that are not involved [...] you have that feeling that you can come into a good team and play well"

I think that's a very important feeling to have about the place and an often over-looked piece of the psychology of a winning club.

Starting to think this guy is exactly what we need and he's a fantastic fit for the club. I like his media skills, I like the emotion he shows, I like that he seems to have his head screwed on. He's good tactically, a good motivator and he's backed up by a brilliant recruitment team. More often that not, I find myself nodding in agreement with what he says. His 60 minute phone-in interviews are admirable and for the first time in forever, this club feels professional. We've always had the potential to go far, maybe we're finally seeing our rise back to the top.

Just had a massive, gigantic slice of humble pie. But when things are going as well as they are, its ate with pleasure  :celb1:

Not sure if it was picked up on the cameras, but when they announced '4 minutes of extra time' he turned to the Gallowgate and started to pump his arms to urge us to sing. Was class, really went up in my estimations after seeing that. Gave us the thumbs up when we were in full voice. Canny.

Yep,not the first time he's done that either. Good pards,very good.

:thup:

Pardew: I'll have a crack at Manchester giants

Nov 6 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew has pledged to “have a go” against Manchester’s big two after the international break.

United’s biggest examination of the season will come in successive weeks when they travel to the Etihad Stadium to take on Manchester City and then face champions United seven days later.

But games that would have provoked panic earlier in the season are now seen as opportunities – thanks to the confidence generated by their fine start.

“We genuinely enter these games thinking ‘What can we get out of them’?” he said.

“We have confidence. What you get sometimes when you play the top three or four is a lack of ambition to win those games.

“I’m sure all (coaching) staff initially have a good tactical plan to win the game.

“I don’t think anyone will go to Man City and say ‘We can’t win’ but of course that inner belief has still got to be there after 30 minutes, when they start producing their power on you.

“And that’s when you need your team to be where my team is.

“Confidence, knowing that they’ve gone unbeaten for a while and then they can get past that 30-minute barrier and then stick to the plan.

“That’s what you see happening nine times out of 10 – you can see a team has a plan and that it goes astray a little bit, one or two players go offline and then you’re asking for trouble.

“If I can keep my team online and on my tactical plan, we’ve got a chance.”

As high as they are flying at the moment, Pardew knows how tough the games will be.

“I think it’s a bit more than (just world-class attackers). You’ve got world-class defenders in Kompany, Toure and people like that,” he said.

“Suddenly when you’re a player and you come up against a top- class player they grind you down.

“I’ve had it happen to me when I came up against Bryan Robson in his heyday – you kind of realise that there’s nowhere for you to go today, you’re just on the back foot.

“That’s what they can do, the top teams, they can really hurt you – and hurt your confidence.

“That’s something we will be hoping we can avoid.”

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/11/06/pardew-i-ll-have-a-crack-at-manchester-giants-79310-29727085/

Pardew's unlikely lads are third in the Premier League and one of only six teams yet to lose in a major European league this season, together with City, Barcelona, Juventus, Benfica and Porto.

Pardew's unlikely lads are third in the Premier League and one of only six teams yet to lose in a major European league this season, together with City, Barcelona, Juventus, Benfica and Porto.

Portugal a major league? :best:

One of only four in the major, major leagues. :megusta:

:smug: :megusta: