Alan Pardew

JH

It's still crazy how he's turned opinion so dramatically.

It's the Newcastle way over the last couple of years.

Same could have been said of Hughton, Nolan, Barton, Carroll, Best, Ryan Taylor, Steven Taylor, Guthrie, Ba etc.. :aww:

All were unfancied/"shit" to go on and be quality or valuable squad players (or in Hughton/Pardew's cases respectable managers).

That's one of the things I don't get. The way his lauded for his media skills yet he's repeatedly came out with some strange and bizarre stuff. I only hope he's in the dressing room telling them its just to take pressure off them and they are world beaters really.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Stevenage was awful man. As were his bizarre post-match comments laying a lot of the blame on Krul.

We shouldn't have fielded a full strength team that day.

That's one of the things I don't get. The way his lauded for his media skills yet he's repeatedly came out with some strange and bizarre stuff. I only hope he's in the dressing room telling them its just to take pressure off them and they are world beaters really.

He does come out with some weird stuff from time to time but he does say the right things most of the time. So I'm not particularly worried as such.

Aye, Stevenage was shite - our lot playing ineffective hoofball to Lovenkrands and Best while our opponents played the ball on the deck.

And don't get me started on Stoke, 5-3-2 FFS.  I picked the matches I went to last season really fucking badly.

Aye, Stevenage was shite - our lot playing ineffective hoofball to Lovenkrands and Best while our opponents played the ball on the deck.

And don't get me started on Stoke, 5-3-2 FFS.  I picked the matches I went to last season really fucking badly.

Got to meet me though :snod:

:okay:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Stevenage was awful man. As were his bizarre post-match comments laying a lot of the blame on Krul.

We shouldn't have fielded a full strength team Alan Smith that day.

Fixed.

What a fucking abysmal 'performance' he put in that night. You could say it about every game he's played, but that was far worse. Fucking ran rings around, and he spent the game joking with the ref about getting booked. Routledge too.

Two bad results in the space of a year. The man is Jesus.

Was 2 of the very worst performances for a while within the space of 2 months at the time though.

And your original point was that people were too harsh on him at the time.  Ah, why am I bothering? :lol:

He's won me over now tbh, always had a bit of a grudge given how he came in and a few porkies he told but at the end of the day this was a job he was NEVER going to get under normal circumstances, he has it tough with the powers that be, had a real tough task winning over the fans but has done a brilliant job.

He is getting very poor/average players doing well for him, seems to be on the same wavelength as the fans on many things and really knows how to handle the media.

He will make the odd mistake, he will say the wrong thing at times (like his 'lies' about Carroll which some will hold against him forever, saw it in someones sig on toontastic) but in general he has done a lot better than expected, is a likeable bloke and I am not ashamed he is our manager which sounds like a small thing but over the last few years there have been a fair few I have been embarrassed talking about.

Eh?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's won me over now tbh, always had a bit of a grudge given how he came in and a few porkies he told but at the end of the day this was a job he was NEVER going to get under normal circumstances, he has it tough with the powers that be, had a real tough task winning over the fans but has done a brilliant job.

He is getting very poor/average players doing well for him, seems to be on the same wavelength as the fans on many things and really knows how to handle the media.

He will make the odd mistake, he will say the wrong thing at times (like his 'lies' about Carroll which some will hold against him forever, saw it in someones sig on toontastic) but in general he has done a lot better than expected, is a likeable bloke and I am not ashamed he is our manager which sounds like a small thing but over the last few years there have been a fair few I have been embarrassed talking about.

Eh?

Raylor etc.

Was 2 of the very worst performances for a while within the space of 2 months at the time though.

And your original point was that people were too harsh on him at the time.  Ah, why am I bothering? :lol:

Because you're not very bright? 2 1/2 months between the Stevenage and Stoke games.

People were too harsh on him. Especially the Hughton fanatics, who know exactly who they are.

Eh?

Well Raylor and Guthrie really but he is also getting the best out of others like Best, Krul, S Taylor and Jonas imo. They aren't poor or even average but he is certainly getting them playing their best football.

Because you're not very bright? 3 1/2 months between the Stevenage and Stoke games.

People were too harsh on him. Especially the Hughton fanatics, who know exactly who they are.

No need, stop being a prick.

Stevenage was 8th January, Stoke was 19th March.  If you make that 3 and a half months then you're not very bright yourself.

I just wish I'd had your insight and patience with Pardew around the time of the Stoke game Ronaldo, I just couldn't help being critical of him at the time I suppose.

Starting to lose patience with Pardew now, like. There's no excuse for that ridiculous lineup.

Look Alan, if you're subbing off Lovenkrands every match in the 2nd half because he's not doing anything.... Maybe he shouldn't start?

It's fucking pathetic. Knew we'd get beaten the second the useless wanker's name was announced.

I'm fast losing patience with him. Not because he's done a bad job, because he hasn't, but because he's making the same mistakes and not learning from them.