Alan Pardew

JH

Don't think he can be criticised that much. Those that didn't see the game will see 0-3, but those that did will know that before the 89th minute and us losing Taylor, we were very unlucky not to be level.

I hated Lovenkrands starting.

I applauded HBA being hooked

A mixed bag from Pards today. He had his hands tied but far from his finest hour.

Was surprised Lovenkrands started, would have perhaps tried Santon on the LM but very much doubt he's been tried there much in training. Just such a big hole when Colo went off. Going direct almost paid off as Shola shook them up a bit, Lovenkrands came off as he was knackered (although Obertan as we're all well aware was shocking) he didn't have too many other options.

On another day who knows, but yeah, he must be well aware now that R. Taylor is playing himself out of the team now. Defensive options now if our worst fears are confirmed, perhaps Perch, Simpson or Kadar at CB. Quite worrying actually. Maybe even a recall for Tav?

I must have been watching a different game Dinho, because our shape looked the same to me before the meltdown near the end, it's just that Lovenkrands didn't do half the defensive work that Jonas does and Obertan was more lax than normal in his covering of Simpson. Obertan was glued to the right-flank when we were "in formation", as per and Ben Arfa was playing centrally off Ba.

:dontknow:

Lovenkrands was tucked in a lot more in the 1st half and we seemed therefore to have 3 in the centre leaving Sturridge a free run on Ryan taylor with Lovenkrands making no effort to get back and help out. We seemed to go back to a proper 4-4-2 in the 2nd half.

tbf, loven was one of our better players going forward. HBA was quite shite and I was really dissapointed in his lack of getting into positions to get the ball. Pardew seems kinda forced to play him though as he is a fans favourite and a really good technical player. But he has to start wanting it more or he should be benched again. Might be playing on the wing just suits his lack of workmanship more.

Guest reefatoon

I suppose Ben Arfa is injured because i can't think which f**king alternative universe exists where by someone takes off Ben Arfa but keeps Lovenkrands on.

I must also assume Santon is crocked because if he's that turbosh1t that Raylor stayed on the pitch instead of him we've really signed a dud there, like.

Are you serious?  Ben Arfa was a total spectator today, the game passed him by, he was awful.  You might hate Lovenkrands and long to hang out the back of Ben Arfa, but Lovenkrands was much more effective than Hatem today like.

tbf, loven was one of our better players going forward. HBA was quite shite and I was really dissapointed in his lack of getting into positions to get the ball. Pardew seems kinda forced to play him though as he is a fans favourite and a really good technical player. But he has to start wanting it more or he should be benched again. Might be playing on the wing just suits his lack of workmanship more.

Ben Arfa always looks like he wants the ball, in fact he wants it too much and ends up hanging onto it too long if anything. Comparing his effort to Lovenkrands is pointless. HBA is playing in a much more congested area of the pitch. If Lovenkrands could do anything with the ball in that sort of area other than shit his pants I'd be surprised.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

You guys are smart keeping the criticism out of the HBA thread. Fair play.

Most of the time it's you trolling or something involving CT. I think most admit he was poor.

You guys are smart keeping the criticism out of the HBA thread. Fair play.

Most of the time it's you trolling or something involving CT. I think most admit he was poor.

Love the fact it's now trolling to want him on the wing. You'd think the kid was Higuain or Messi.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-defender-David-Luiz-should-have-seen-red-fumes-Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-article838615.html

Furious Pardew slams referee as David Luiz escapes a red card

Furious Newcastle boss Alan Pardew confronted referee Mike Dean after he failed to dismiss David Luiz – as Chelsea lifted the pressure on manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Pardew went to the referee’s dressing room at half-time to query his failure to red card the Brazilian defender for hauling down Demba Ba on the edge of the visitors’ box.

There were only four minutes gone in an incident-packed clash and Pardew believed Dean’s ­decision was crucial to a result that saw Chelsea leapfrog above Newcastle into fourth place.

Goals from Didier Drogba, sub Salomon Kalou and Daniel ­Sturride gave Chelsea a decisive victory in a game in which Frank Lampard had a first half penalty saved by Toon keeper Tim Krul.

But Pardew said: ”I thought Luiz was going to be sent off.

“Demba Ba was in on goal and there was no cover. I was really angry about it.

“The referee said at half-time that Ba didn’t have control of the ball. But I don’t understand that – he was in on goal and he was bundled over.

“I will have to have a look at the rule book on that one. It’s a ­sending off, it’s as simple as that.

“That changed the game. I don’t know if any analyst would look at that and say it was not a sending off. He was free on goal, he was in behind Luiz and he brings him down.

“I don’t understand the logic of referees when that happens.

I don’t want to get myself into trouble, but I genuinely thought that the referee got that wrong.

“It had a crucial effect on the game because I don’t think ­Chelsea would have played the way they did if they had 10 men for 86 minutes.”

Villas-Boas insisted that his side deserved a break after several big decisions went against them ­recently.

He said: “It was a major incident. Mike Dean decided not to send him off – and decided it was a ­yellow. It was a foul, but I felt it was only a yellow card offence. Newcastle feel differently.

“Maybe Dean’s decision went for us and Alan Pardew and his players weren’t happy. But we have had a lot of decision go against Chelsea this season and no-one has made a fuss.”

Chelsea’s bench could not hide their delight as they stretched their lead. Pardew was less than impressed by Chelsea fitness coach Jose Mario Rocha, who celebrated Kalou’s strike in front of the Newcastle bench.

He said: “The manager apologised for that. He carried himself with dignity today because he was under a lot of pressure, their manager.

“But his staff let him down today and I am sure he will be having a little word in his ear.” Villas-Boas, who again came under fire as Chelsea were knocked out of the Carling Cup on Tuesday by Liverpool, added: “It was unfortunate.

“Football is emotion and ­sometimes people lose control of where they are.

“As soon as it happened, I went to Alan and the technical staff to say sorry. It is not a major incident, it is not bad behaviour

“It was a win against the third place team in their home, one of the best defences in the Premier League and it is a win that ­nobody was expecting. It was a big, ­massive win.”

Villas-Boas revealed ­Nicolas Anelka and Brazil ­defender Alex have have had transfer requests accepted by the club and will be free to leave in January.

Anelka has been marginalised from the first team following the signing last season of Spain ­striker Fernando Torres and the development of young England forward Daniel Sturridge.

Alex’s opportunities at Chelsea have been limited after the ­arrival of compatriot Luiz in last season’s January transfer window.

Villas-Boas said: “The conversation was fair and very, very frontal and direct with the players.

“The players have shown their interest in leaving the club, they have put in transfer requests for quite some time.

“They are top, top professionals – their professionalism and integrity is never in question – but at this moment and with the recent from and results, we have decided just to try to get the group ­together, and we have decided to assign different training times for ­Anelka and Alex.”

It was some night at Villa Park as champions Manchester United won 1-0 thanks to Phil Jones’ first goal for the club on 20 minutes.

But United lost Javier Hernandez, who was taken off with a serious-looking ankle injury and in the second half.

Aston Villa’s Jermaine Jenas had to leave on stretcher as well, also with an ankle injury.

poor today.  Obertan was useless in 2nd half. cheksea were poor and we completely messed it up.  why is he starting lovenkrands ahead of ferguson or santon.  Criminal management.

Pardew failed today to win this game.  YEs the players were ave too, but ultimately pardew failed tactically.  Am angry, his mistakes are bugging me.