Alan Pardew

JH

Probably all been said before, but AP was due a howler and this was it.  I accept his hands were tied a bit with the injuries, but he got it so wrong it was unreal.

Starting Shola, Perch and Simpson as centre backs, Obertan lasting for as long as he did, totally wasting all 3 subs.  Really was a poor day at the office.  No win in 4 now (granted 3 games against the SKY 4), with two supposedly winnable home games coming up.  Will be interesting to see how he reacts to all this.  A lot of injuries and confidence must be a bit dented.

Everyone knew we'd have a bit of an injury crisis and a mini slump in form, Pardew has to earn his money know and sort it out.  If we don't get 4-6 points from the next two games we're struggling, regardless of injuries. 

Probably all been said before, but AP was due a howler and this was it.  I accept his hands were tied a bit with the injuries, but he got it so wrong it was unreal.

Starting Shola, Perch and Simpson as centre backs, Obertan lasting for as long as he did, totally wasting all 3 subs.  Really was a poor day at the office. 

I know he came back to defend set-pieces, but Shola was actually playing up front with Ba :)

Everyone knew we'd have a bit of an injury crisis and a mini slump in form, Pardew has to earn his money know and sort it out.  If we don't get 4-6 points from the next two games we're struggling, regardless of injuries.

Even if we lost the next two games, we'd be minimum 8th with 26pts from 17 games. Is that really a sign of a 'struggling' season?

Starting Shola, Perch and Simpson as centre backs, Obertan lasting for as long as he did, totally wasting all 3 subs.  Really was a poor day at the office. 

I know he came back to defend set-pieces, but Shola was actually playing up front with Ba :)

Even if we lost the next two games, we'd be minimum 8th with 26pts from 17 games. Is that really a sign of a 'struggling' season?

Say we don't beat Swansea or WBA, we would be going into an away game with Bolton, with no win in 6, struggling with injuries and confidence at rock bottom.  ACN and the dreaded transfer window looming and so would back to back games against Liverpool and Man U. 

I would say we'd be struggling if we don't get 4 points as a minimum from the next two.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The relegated teams at this stage last season were on 22pts Blackpool, 18pts - Birmingham and 12pts - West Ham United.

Say we don't beat Swansea or WBA, we would be going into an away game with Bolton, with no win in 6, struggling with injuries and confidence at rock bottom.  ACN and the dreaded transfer window looming and so would back to back games against Liverpool and Man U. 

I would say we'd be struggling if we don't get 4 points as a minimum from the next two.

Why would confidence be rock bottom if we don't get 4 points from the next two? We won't suddenly fall down the league ??? unless you just love a bit of melodrama?

Why would confidence be rock bottom if we don't get 4 points from the next two? We won't suddenly fall down the league ??? unless you just love a bit of melodrama?

More to do with the fact the next two games are against Swansea who have a poor away record so far and West Brom who recently lost to Wigan.

More to do with the fact the next two games are against Swansea who have a poor away record so far and West Brom who recently lost to Wigan.

This is the Premier League - anyteam (bar the 'top 4/6') can beat each other on any given day, hell, even the mackems came from behind to win a game yesterday.

I really we're not going to have large swathes of the crowd 'expecting' wins again when we're only 18months back into the top flight (and only 3 months away from the end of the transfer window when we were written off by a fair majority on here and in the media) :facepalm: it was bad enough under Shepherd :(

Pardew can't really be faulted for this scenario. If we have Cheik, Colo and Williamson back for Liverpool & Man Utd I don't fear those games one bit. After Man Utd away we'd played well and many expected us to beat Chelsea. Solid performance and freak luck in terms of injuries - and suddenly confidence is shot? I think these players are very confident in their ability considering our start to the season. We'll be back firing on all cylinders very soon.

This is the Premier League - anyteam (bar the 'top 4/6') can beat each other on any given day, hell, even the mackems came from behind to win a game yesterday.

I really we're not going to have large swathes of the crowd 'expecting' wins again when we're only 18months back into the top flight (and only 3 months away from the end of the transfer window when we were written off by a fair majority on here and in the media) :facepalm: it was bad enough under Shepherd :(

The Mackems came from behind to beat Blackburn, hardly a momentous game.

I'd say it's fair to expect to get 4-6 points from Norwich, Swansea and West Brom. If you expect any less then that's pretty much relegation standard.

Pardew can't really be faulted for this scenario. If we have Cheik, Colo and Williamson back for Liverpool & Man Utd I don't fear those games one bit. After Man Utd away we'd played well and many expected us to beat Chelsea. Solid performance and freak luck in terms of injuries - and suddenly confidence is shot? I think these players are very confident in their ability considering our start to the season. We'll be back firing on all cylinders very soon.

Totally agree. Any game where we have two below-average fullbacks playing centre half we would probably lose. That's a fact, whether Pardew or Sir Alex Ferguson is in charge.

It's a blow to have lost to Norwich, but when he have Colo and Tiote back we'll start winning again.

It can't be underestimated the effect that having two "big" players like Colo and Tiote will do for the side, not merely in the technical side of things but just as a general shot in the arm to the other players.

On the 12 days of Christmas my Toon love gave to me:

12 Dembas dancing

11 Kruls keeping

10 Leons leaping

9 Dannys dazzling

8 Ryans rasping

7 Jonas jinking

6 Taylors tackling

5 go-oal wins!

4 Colo curls

3 French men

2 local bruvs

and a Pardew in a pear tree.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1757/89027424.jpg

On the 12 days of Christmas my Toon love gave to me:

12 Dembas dancing

11 Kruls keeping

10 Leons leaping

9 Dannys dazzling

8 Santons starting

7 Jonas jinking

6 Taylors tackling

5 go-oal wins!

4 Colo curls

3 French men

2 local bruvs

and a Pardew in a pear tree.

I'd say it's fair to expect to get 4-6 points from Norwich, Swansea and West Brom. If you expect any less then that's pretty much relegation standard.

The Mackems won only their 4th home league game in 2011, despite being 1-0 down at HT. That's one of the more remarkable results of the weekend (against a team that had scored 4 the previous week).

If we picked up 3 points from Norwich, Swansea and West Brom, it's not "pretty much relegation material" :lol: it's three games out of 38. We've already done really well this season, a dip in form is to be expected - the fact that we've been without several key first team players is a silver lining.

What's with your ridiculous attitude towards other teams in the league?

Readers were asked to vote on who they wanted to succeed Hughton. Martin O'Neill was the runaway winner on 42.3 per cent, leaving Pardew trailing on a paltry 1.8 per cent. Gazza, who was in rehab at the time, only received 16 fewer votes.

:lol:

The Mackems won only their 4th home league game in 2011, despite being 1-0 down at HT. That's one of the more remarkable results of the weekend (against a team that had scored 4 the previous week).

If we picked up 3 points from Norwich, Swansea and West Brom, it's not "pretty much relegation material" :lol: it's three games out of 38. We've already done really well this season, a dip in form is to be expected - the fact that we've been without several key first team players is a silver lining.

It's not a ridiculous attitude man :lol: I just think we should aim to pick up points against newly promoted teams, regardless of injuries, how is that hard to fathom?

It's not a ridiculous attitude man :lol: I just think we should aim to pick up points against newly promoted teams, regardless of injuries, how is that hard to fathom?

Why bother? He's clearly on the wind-up.

Big difference between "aiming" to pick up 4-6 points and "expecting" to pick up 4-6 points.

Which was the point I was making, if you get my point.

NEEJ - have a word with yourself, you're not Hansel or Gretal.