Alan Pardew

JH

Another Pardew interview.....another set of musings about losing our best players. We get it Alan, shut the fuck up. Funnily enough one of our best players is on the bench every week while Ryan Taylor and Obertan get games, there's quite a lot you can do to keep a hold of that one.

Fast brand =

Danny Simpson forced inside by the opponent midfielder who narrows the pitch and makes him check back on to his unfavoured left foot. Nervously plays it back across to Williamson who disposes of the ball like a hot potato straight to Krul who launches it long. Headed back by the opposition straight to Santon, who also has to check inside and surges into the middle with a decent run before passing out wide to Gutierrez who beats his man… but must also check inside on to his favoured right-foot… by which time his marker is back with him. He plays it back to Tiote, who sprays it out to HBA under pressure.. but he’s on his right foot *sigh*  somehow however, he wriggles through two players stretching the opponent defence.. and he’s created some space for Simpson to run into behind the full-back too… and HBA finds him! Danny Simpson crosses first time… it’s a lofted ball. Plucked out of the air with comfort thirty seconds later.

Ben Arfa HAULED off. Masterplan rejoices.

"There has also been a change of style on the pitch. “We are more in control of games,” Pardew says. “  :lol:  Last year we had nous and experience, this year we have looked the dominant force at times. Man Utd was the pinnacle of that.”

I don't think we are at all. The majority of the games we've been battling to stay in them/hold onto a lead etc..

There have been 5 min patches here and there where we have played well and often scored during these phases.

I think overall he's performed well...But I don't think we've ever been in control of more than a handful of games for any period.

He's in full PR drive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9116173/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-has-silenced-critics-to-sell-vision-of-fast-brand-of-front-foot-football.html

That is bullshit Pardew, surely you see the same as everyone else.

Stop living in your dream, face reality, we did not even control the game against Wolves ffs.

He is correct about the direct football though, from the back and direct to our strikers.

Can not be more direct than that Pardew  :pow:

He's a 'character' alright. :lol:

I'm never sure if he's selling a vision for the club or just himself. He's always had no problems talking himself up.

He's got some good results, but it would win him more credit if there was some real honesty in his patter.

There is a real worry this weekend that MON will completely outhink him.

Another Pardew interview.....another set of musings about losing our best players. We get it Alan, shut the fuck up. Funnily enough one of our best players is on the bench every week while Ryan Taylor and Obertan get games, there's quite a lot you can do to keep a hold of that one.

Totally agree with this. Obviously he would say it's about managing expectations after the whole Carroll business, but I can't stand how he's forever going on as though we're no different from Wigan or something. He should be shouting about how bloody great this club is, and that hopefully players won't want to leave if we get it right.

Great set of quotes there from Pardew. We're set to lose our best players because we can't compete with the big clubs in terms of wages, but not to despair, our fantastic brand of fast flowing football where we are in complete control on the pitch will pull us through...  :jesuswept:

Great set of quotes there from Pardew. We're set to lose our best players because we can't compete with the big clubs in terms of wages, but not to despair, our fantastic brand of fast flowing football where we are in complete control on the pitch will pull us through...  :jesuswept:

:lol:

:lol:

:lol: Spot on man

Being fair to Pardew, having now read the full article (the Telegraph one) it's much better than I thought. He acknowledges our stature a bit more than I suggested. I don't agree with his view on our style of football at present, but it's a good, generally positive read. :thup:

He doesn't say much wrong at all in that Telegraph article. I'm not sure if it's normal for a manager's every word to be pulled apart and ridiculed, especially when he's got us so high in the league, but it seems a bit much to me.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He can only answer questions.

It's like the affair when everyone was massively taking the piss out of him for saying he wasn't ready for the England job.

''nneeee one was asking yee son''

err yes they were it was a ''question''

fucking morons.

I appreciate he comes out with this nonsense in response to journo questions, but what he is in control of what he actually says surely? He could also say "we are an attractive club at the moment that is on the up, and we are confident we can keep our best players as well as add to them" and "we have been fairly solid this season and at times played good football. In recent weeks we have not been as solid as earlier in the season and have resorted to playing the long ball too much. We are working hard to resolve this."

Edit: could also add "When a bid comes in for players who we ideally would want to keep at the club that is too good to refuse we will have to consider it, just like any other club would. However, we are keeping an eye on interesting players all the time to make sure we are able to adequately replace any outgoing players.