Alan Pardew

JH

Nothing wrong with hoofing it? We didn't touch the ball in the 2nd half. Ben Arfa made a disappearing act, Cabaye made a shit act, and Ba got fucking climbed on by Koscielny and couldn't do shit. Shola was the main man in the 2nd half due to his physics. That's the sad bit. And I think Jonas is the one that gets away with murder here, not Santon. He runs for 90 minutes but what does he do? Fair enough for a couple of defensive involvements, but my word what an ultra predictable player he's become. And Pardew should be criticizing himself for the 2nd half tactics, although I agree with him on the 5 minutes of added time. Infuriating.

Guest sicko2ndbest

f***ing hell guys he can only play with what he has

If we try to out football arsenal we will get murdered

Luck hasn't been with us last few weeks, that is all!

How come Swansea manage to play football against teams like Man City then? Are last season's championship team a bunch of undiscovered international class gems in disguise?

They don't away from home!

Secondly their strength is their weakness. Away from home they drop points regularly as the don't have a second plan

We hoofed it way less last season with players who were worse technically. That's the only piece of information you need to know in the 'Pardew or players hoof argument

Which players were worse technically?

It's not logical that Pardew is instructing the defenders and Krul to hoof it long to Ba. It doesn't make sense on any level, it can't be happening.

Anyone can see it leads us to lose the ball 99% of the time, and so can he. Even people who think he's a limited manager would have to accept that.

Therefore it must be the lack of confidence of some of our players (Simpson, Willo, Krul mainly) that leads us to take the "safe" option and pump the ball forward. It's more about being safe in defence than an attacking tactic.

Pardew needs to address this, and might be trying for all I know, but I don't think it's possible that he's actually doing it as a deliberate tactic.

No offence, but that reads like a rationalisation to me Ian W.

In the first place, it's his job to coach them to break bad habits such as hoofing it. Secondly, if it's instinctive, he's had a fair old time to coach it out of them (or at least demonstrate more positive steps in the right direction than he has so far). Thirdly... I don't have a thirdly, but I said secondly so I feel like I should have a thirdly.

Aye, I accept those points.

It is his job to change the approach, but for me that's not as bad a failure as actively pursuing tactics based on random long balls.

It's also a failing that can be fixed by getting better players in.

He'll have to show some belief in the better players though. Ben Arfa got scapegoat treatment until last week and Santon is getting it now.

We hoofed it way less last season with players who were worse technically. That's the only piece of information you need to know in the 'Pardew or players hoof argument

I'm guessing he believes Nolan, Carroll and Barton aren't as technically gifted as Ba, Cabaye and HBA. Just a hunch like.

Nolan was worse than Cabaye, Carroll/Shola were worse than Ba, Enrique and Santon are very similar with the ball on the ground, Ben Arfa is more technically gifted than Barton

Fucking hell guys he can only play with what he has

How come Swansea manage to play football against teams like Man City then? Are last season's championship team a bunch of undiscovered international class gems in disguise?

Where are Swansea in the league?

How much have they spent in comparison?

Fucking hell guys he can only play with what he has

Probably more than us. :lol:

Bit of a daft point to make. They've a team full of players who are comfortable on the ball. We have at least two players at any one time who are absolutely horrendous footballers in our team.

If 'sack Pardew' Wullie and 'get him out' Mick represent the majority I'd say that's a pretty bloody comfortably place to be.

What has that got to do with you saying "Nothing wrong with hoofing it tonight"?

It is his job to change the approach, but for me that's not as bad a failure as actively pursuing tactics based on random long balls.

He'll have to show some belief in the better players though. Ben Arfa got scapegoat treatment until last week and Santon is getting it now.

True. That said, if Ben Arfa continues this form for the remaining games and is a regular next season then we might have to admit Pardew managed him quite well. Hypothetical obviously.

The Santon thing is a bit worrying. I didn't see the first half today but it sounded like he was playing poorly though.

Nolan was worse than Cabaye, Carroll/Shola were worse than Ba, Enrique and Santon are very similar with the ball on the ground, Ben Arfa is more technically gifted than Barton

Santon is superior to Enrique technically, no doubt.

Guest neesy111

I just keep thinking what Southampton and West Ham fans said to me about Pardew and it's ringing more and more now.

I've slagged him off loads lately but i can't blame him for tonight. We were exactly where we wanted to be. Still in the game with a little time to go. Unfortunately we never got that chance to try and nick it and then obviously the really poor goal conceded in the 4th/5th minute of injury time but overall we worked hard and had to play against a very good team and one with so much pace which we are renowned for struggling against.

It's not logical that Pardew is instructing the defenders and Krul to hoof it long to Ba. It doesn't make sense on any level, it can't be happening.

Anyone can see it leads us to lose the ball 99% of the time, and so can he. Even people who think he's a limited manager would have to accept that.

Therefore it must be the lack of confidence of some of our players (Simpson, Willo, Krul mainly) that leads us to take the "safe" option and pump the ball forward. It's more about being safe in defence than an attacking tactic.

Pardew needs to address this, and might be trying for all I know, but I don't think it's possible that he's actually doing it as a deliberate tactic.

No offence, but that reads like a rationalisation to me Ian W.

In the first place, it's his job to coach them to break bad habits such as hoofing it. Secondly, if it's instinctive, he's had a fair old time to coach it out of them (or at least demonstrate more positive steps in the right direction than he has so far). Thirdly... I don't have a thirdly, but I said secondly so I feel like I should have a thirdly.

:thup:

Playing someone who can play the ball at right back would be a tremendous step in the right direction. Those full back areas are so crucial to stopping our long-ball game.

How long have their attacking players played together in comparison to ours?

I love how people pick Swansea as if they are the norm and not the exception.

Fulham don't play long ball and they've taken four points off Arsenal. Neither do Man Utd and they've got six, albeit they're Man Utd. Kicking it long is not the way to play against Arsenal, you've got to try and deprive them of the ball, not make sure they have it as much as possible.

Santon is superior to Enrique technically, no doubt.

Aye, right.

True. That said, if Ben Arfa continues this form for the remaining games and is a regular next season then we might have to admit Pardew managed him quite well. Hypothetical obviously.

The Santon thing is a bit worrying. I didn't see the first half today but it sounded like he was playing poorly though.

Come off it man, ffs.

How long have their attacking players played together in comparison to ours?

Are we on Whose Line Is It Anyway?