Alan Pardew

JH

We hoofed it way less last season with players who were worse technically. That's the only piece of information you need to know in the 'Pardew or players hoof argument

Which players were worse technically?

Nolan was worse than Cabaye, Carroll/Shola were worse than Ba, Enrique and Santon are very similar with the ball on the ground, Ben Arfa is more technically gifted than Barton

Santon is superior to Enrique technically, no doubt.

Aye, right.

Do you really believe Enrique has better passing, dribbling, technique and a superior first touch to Santon?

People can blame the players all they like, the players have shown what they can do when allowed to, we even played better tonight in the first half.  Is it more likely that the players turned to shit all of a sudden or is it more likely that something was said as half time to change the way we played?

Shola wasn't too bad when he came on but he only came on for one thing, to try and get on the end of balls hoyed at him, bringing Cisse on would have been the better option because he has better movement and would have shown more finesse with the ball.

I love how people pick Swansea as if they are the norm and not the exception.

Fulham don't play long ball and they've taken four points off Arsenal. Neither do Man Utd and they've got six, albeit they're Man Utd. Kicking it long is not the way to play against Arsenal, you've got to try and deprive them of the ball, not make sure they have it as much as possible.

Any idea how many teams Arsenal have beaten that took that approach? Or how many teams took points of Arsenal by outmuscling them?

We hoofed it way less last season with players who were worse technically. That's the only piece of information you need to know in the 'Pardew or players hoof argument

Nolan was worse than Cabaye, Carroll/Shola were worse than Ba, Enrique and Santon are very similar with the ball on the ground, Ben Arfa is more technically gifted than Barton

Aye, right.

Do you really believe Enrique has better passing, dribbling, technique and a superior first touch to Santon?

Enrique could sink 12 pints and still be superior in those areas.

f***ing hell guys he can only play with what he has

If we try to out football arsenal we will get murdered

Luck hasn't been with us last few weeks, that is all!

How come Swansea manage to play football against teams like Man City then? Are last season's championship team a bunch of undiscovered international class gems in disguise?

Bit of a daft point to make. They've a team full of players who are comfortable on the ball. We have at least two players at any one time who are absolutely horrendous footballers in our team.

Only because we are picking them. Like I said earlier, before getting sidetracked, what was the idea of subbing Santon and leaving a hopelessly outclassed Obertan on the pitch? Did we really need him in midfield where we were getting over run?

didnt think we played too many intentional longballs tonight,

most of the longballs were because we were under the gun and had no option to play it out.

far too negative though, another night bar RVP wasteful chances, he could have had a hatful and gooners out of sight.

Guest Dontooner

Base on the current form, i firmly believe the rest of the league will catch up with us and we will finish 9th-11th.

Guest hobshobs

didnt think we played too many intentional longballs tonight,

most of the longballs were because we were under the gun and had no option to play it out.

far too negative though, another night bar RVP wasteful chances, he could have had a hatful and gooners out of sight.

Counted 18 in the first half before I got fed up with it. We got a touch on 3 of them first. Fact.

Aye, right.

Enrique could sink 12 pints and still be superior in those areas.

Well,you are wrong. But obviously I won't convince you, so I'll leave it at that.

How come Swansea manage to play football against teams like Man City then? Are last season's championship team a bunch of undiscovered international class gems in disguise?

Bit of a daft point to make. They've a team full of players who are comfortable on the ball. We have at least two players at any one time who are absolutely horrendous footballers in our team.

Only because we are picking them. Like I said earlier, before getting sidetracked, what was the idea of subbing Santon and leaving a hopelessly outclassed Obertan on the pitch? Did we really need him in midfield where we were getting over run?

The main problems for me lie with the fact we're pretty much stuck with Williamson and Simpson, two of the worst players I can remember with the ball at their feet, incidently the two worst culprits for this hoofing lark.

Guest neesy111

Funny how when Ba stops scoring, We then stop winning, then everyone starts to realise how shit we've been this season.

Very worrying times

This.  No point in gloating a good start to the season if you are shit after it.

Base on the current form, i firmly believe the rest of the league will catch up with us and we will finish 9th-11th.

...and form doesn't change over the course of a season?

The better teams show their quality as the season closes into the final few weeks usually. Hopefully that can still be us whether by default or design.

The main problems for me lie with the fact we're pretty much stuck with Williamson and Simpson, two of the worst players I can remember with the ball at their feet, incidently the two worst culprits for this hoofing lark.

Krul's the worst by a million miles.

Enrique is much better than Santon so far, but it's because of athleticism, strength and speed rather than technique. Luckily those are good attributes for a fullback and he has adapted a style that makes him effective. Santon will come good though, he's classy.

Guest hobshobs

What's the point in playing balls to Ameobi to hold them up. Soon as he attempts to take a touch with his feet we're f*****.

Guest Dontooner

...and form doesn't change over the course of a season?

Till it changes, keep hoping.