Alan Pardew

JH

I don't know how people can defend Pardew after that s****.  We were garbage at home again, I don't think for one minute that we're not capable of playing better than that.

:thup:

The first time I've ever come out of a match really disappointed and critical of him.

Thought the line-up was bizarre, the tactics were unbalancing, the substitutions were very questionable and our play from the goal to the final whistle was sloppy, mismatched and generally poor.

Basically the same as the Wovles game, but this time we got two more points.

I think the line up was odd.  Thought he got the subs right tbh.  I think we would have been incredibly unlucky to have not got 3 points though.

HBA and Cisse should never have come off in a million bazillion gazillion years like.

After williamson dallied on rhe ball resulting in a shot for norwich the camera cuts to pardew who shouts hatem f***ing clear it. How about shouting at williamson you f***ing idiot. Ben arfa actually retained possession.

I lost it with Pardew when this happened. Absolute arsehole. There was nothing wrong with what HBA did yet he chooses to lambast him and not say anything to Williamson, horrible management.

How do you know he didn't have a go at Williamson?  Were you on Pardewcam?

I made a point of watching how Pardew reacted to what happened; he only had a go at HBA.

Were you at the game?

I don't know how people can defend Pardew after that s****.  We were garbage at home again, I don't think for one minute that we're not capable of playing better than that.

:thup:

The first time I've ever come out of a match really disappointed and critical of him.

Thought the line-up was bizarre, the tactics were unbalancing, the substitutions were very questionable and our play from the goal to the final whistle was sloppy, mismatched and generally poor.

Basically the same as the Wovles game, but this time we got two more points.

I think the line up was odd.  Thought he got the subs right tbh.  I think we would have been incredibly unlucky to have not got 3 points though.

HBA and Cisse should never have come off in a million bazillion gazillion years like.

Barfa looked fucked to me.

After williamson dallied on rhe ball resulting in a shot for norwich the camera cuts to pardew who shouts hatem f***ing clear it. How about shouting at williamson you f***ing idiot. Ben arfa actually retained possession.

I lost it with Pardew when this happened. Absolute arsehole. There was nothing wrong with what HBA did yet he chooses to lambast him and not say anything to Williamson, horrible management.

I made a point of watching how Pardew reacted to what happened; he only had a go at HBA.

:lol:

Laugh all you want but the truth hurts.

Were you at the game?

Yes.

Were you at the game?

Yes.

Whereabouts?

I assume you were at the game, you stopped paying attention to everything else, drowned out the noise from the crowd, were sitting right near Pardew and heard him single out Ben Arfa?

All his options were not blocked at all. He didn;t look around for what he could do, he just lumped it as default. Okay we don't have a better defender to replace him with, so you coach him to stop him doing it. You work with another player or two to ensure he has options so we can retain possession. I don;t see how saying 'Williamson is poor so all he can do is hoof it' is a defence. The ball comes straight back. We going to say 'Well Williamson is limited, so he's got to just get rid, so if they score from it it's not Williamson's or Pardew's fault. We just have to accept it'? We'll get nowhere with that. Yes Williamson has to play, but at the same time, Williamson has to keep possession. As does absolutely everyone.

We have European ambitions, and we need to be winning games to ensure we do this so we need to be proactive. Pardew needs to f***ing grab a hold and come up with some tactics. He's not at the minute.

I've got stuck on Williamson and he's not even the worst offender. How Krul has been allowed to do this so long is even more unacceptable.

.....ok I am not going to argue about Williamson.  What you think is he "still can be coached". What I think is he is the worst defender ever playing for us in terms of keeping the ball on feet.  He has given himself up.  I have given him up as well.  Anyway, you can say this is Pardew's fault.  I won't argue about it anymore.

Krul is another issue.  What I observe is he only trust Colo and if Colo's marked by anyone, he would just hoof it.  I have never seen Krul making any pass to Simpson and Williamson.

I assume you were at the game, you stopped paying attention to everything else, drowned out the noise from the crowd, were sitting right near Pardew and heard him single out Ben Arfa?

Did see it on me chinese telly tbf. He waved Hatem to get back upfield and shouted 'Hatem fukin hell"! :lol:

Hatem must be confused is he meant to get back? Stay forward? Do the moonwalk? What? :)

It isn't difficult to see which player the manager is talking/shouting to.

Were you at the game?

Yes.

Whereabouts?

Gallowgate.

All his options were not blocked at all. He didn;t look around for what he could do, he just lumped it as default. Okay we don't have a better defender to replace him with, so you coach him to stop him doing it. You work with another player or two to ensure he has options so we can retain possession. I don;t see how saying 'Williamson is poor so all he can do is hoof it' is a defence. The ball comes straight back. We going to say 'Well Williamson is limited, so he's got to just get rid, so if they score from it it's not Williamson's or Pardew's fault. We just have to accept it'? We'll get nowhere with that. Yes Williamson has to play, but at the same time, Williamson has to keep possession. As does absolutely everyone.

We have European ambitions, and we need to be winning games to ensure we do this so we need to be proactive. Pardew needs to f***ing grab a hold and come up with some tactics. He's not at the minute.

I've got stuck on Williamson and he's not even the worst offender. How Krul has been allowed to do this so long is even more unacceptable.

.....ok I am not going to argue about Williamson.  What you think is he "still can be coached". What I think is he is the worst defender ever playing for us in terms of keeping the ball on feet.  He has given himself up.  I have given him up as well.  Anyway, you can say this is Pardew's fault.  I won't argue about it anymore.

Krul is another issue.  What I observe is he only trust Colo and if Colo's marked by anyone, he would just hoof it.  I have never seen Krul making any pass to Simpson and Williamson.

My point is only 'we can't give up on Williamson'. How defeatist is that? That's not a 6th placed teams philosophy. If we're giving up on our starting CB for the rest of the season we deserve to lose 6th/7th place.

It's up to Pardew to change this, that's the crux of it. We'll see what happens against WBA. That is definitely a game where he can't hoof it as we'll only have 1 up front no doubt. I hate being pessimistic but I can't see us lining up with a positive, keep ball attitude. It'll be more grinding out a result. That's a bad sign, I'm not a pessimistic Newcastle fan, but I can't say anything else going on the past couple of months.

So you zoned out completed as soon as HBA picked up the ball and spent the entire time watching Pardew until Williamson gave the ball away? :lol:

So you zoned out completed as soon as HBA picked up the ball and spent the entire time watching Pardew until Williamson gave the ball away? :lol:

What are you going on about? You don't even know what you're arguing anymore. As several people have already pointed out to you, give it up, it's extremely childish.

just curious. is it really that difficult to keep hold of the ball? is not rocket science.  just pass the f***ing ball and move, keep it in the midfield and pass it around.

it gets diffcult when teams try to pass and move and walk it into the goal, im not asking for that.

all i expect is our team to be able to string half a dozen passes together in midfield now and again and relieve some pressure off themselves.

f***ing hell , either these players are completely s*** or the manager is. or maybe even both.

Actually, when the opponents have 4 players upfront for pressing, most of the time it's either hoofing or a decent dribbling from the side backs.

im talking about keeping the ball so the opposition can't pressurise  us in the first place.  they can have as many men pressing, if they dont have the ball they can't do anything.

What are you going on about? You don't even know what you're arguing anymore. As several people have already pointed out to you, give it up, it's extremely childish.

Jon saw you on his tele, he's got you banged to rights.

My point is only 'we can't give up on Williamson'. How defeatist is that? That's not a 6th placed teams philosophy. If we're giving up on our starting CB for the rest of the season we deserve to lose 6th/7th place.

It's up to Pardew to change this, that's the crux of it. We'll see what happens against WBA. That is definitely a game where he can't hoof it as we'll only have 1 up front no doubt. I hate being pessimistic but I can't see us lining up with a positive, keep ball attitude. It'll be more grinding out a result. That's a bad sign, I'm not a pessimistic Newcastle fan, but I can't say anything else going on the past couple of months.

Then my question would be, are our squad good enough for a top 6 place? Well my answer would be we have a decent enough midfield and forward for that but our defense are just a class above relegation teams due to Colo and Krul. That is a weakness we should solve at Jan while we didn't. Pardew has been working all his time to solve this, and no matter how much people dislike, his work and with "tons of lucks" we managed to defend pretty well this season. Still, the defenders are shit. You cannot change this by tactics.  They are really shit.

I actually agree with your point that we shouldn't do nth and just let it be.  Pardew actually did sth before - play Cabaye as a deep-lying playmaker to help him out which people criticize a lot.

Were you at the game?

Yes.

Whereabouts?

Gallowgate.

From the Gallowgate, you saw exactly who Pardew was shouting at?  Brilliant.

just curious. is it really that difficult to keep hold of the ball? is not rocket science.  just pass the f***ing ball and move, keep it in the midfield and pass it around.

it gets diffcult when teams try to pass and move and walk it into the goal, im not asking for that.

all i expect is our team to be able to string half a dozen passes together in midfield now and again and relieve some pressure off themselves.

f***ing hell , either these players are completely s*** or the manager is. or maybe even both.

Actually, when the opponents have 4 players upfront for pressing, most of the time it's either hoofing or a decent dribbling from the side backs.

im talking about keeping the ball so the opposition can't pressurise  us in the first place.  they can have as many men pressing, if they dont have the ball they can't do anything.

If that's as easy as in FIFA.

Were you at the game?

Yes.

Whereabouts?

Gallowgate.

From the Gallowgate, you saw exactly who Pardew was shouting at?  Brilliant.

Jesus Christ man, it isn't difficult. :lol:

Jon saw you on his tele, he's got you banged to rights.

:laugh:

Guest Dontooner

After a couple of beers and a tele break, all i could think of is we got 3 points. Not much good stuff to talk about the game really, since the Sam Alla days, i dont believe i have being so passionless during the match. Its like clockwork how we play, shame really.

Said it the other day but I think Pardew is just desperate to keep us where we are and is just too scared to change anything to radically from the start of the season which has ended up being counter productive.

Looking towards next season and beyond, I don't see why he doesn't try a radical overhaul, surely he's the only manager in the PL who won't be sacked barring a relegation? (even then, who knows?)

Guest Howaythetoon

For all the criticism of Williamson and Simpson when in possession, when they do get on the ball they lack the confidence to play it out and that's because generally, as individuals and as a team, we are not coached or instructed to keep the ball and to pass it about. The philosphy of Pardew is safety first and that's why he ripped into Ben Arfa for playing it out from the back. The fact he actually found a team-mate doesn't matter to Pardew, he wants balls in that area, kicked long towards the final third, far away from our own final third area.

His reaction to Williamson's error was a disgrace. To blame Ben Arfa for that when he at least found a team-mate in a move that had actually elapsed well before Williamson's error, is poor management. Whether he lambasted Williamson ot not after that is irrelevent. He shoud be encouraging his players to play it out, to find a team-mate, rather than to hoof it. Williamson's error is a by product of Pardew's philosophy, tactics and coaching. He wanted to retain possession, there was no movement, so he held onto the ball rather that simply hoofing it. unfortunately he was robbed off possession.

I blame Pardew for that, and I blame Pardew for today's performance which once again was abysmal. He has to go at the end of the season.