Protest Saturday... 4pm onwards!

Guest GallowgateKev

Alan, You do realise this is Kev??

I wont stay at home, i'd never stay at home!

I dont think ppl are reading my posts here!!! THIS IS NOT AN ANTI MIKE ASHLEY PROTEST, THIS IS TO GET OVER TO THE MEDIA AND TO CHRIS HUGHTON THAT WE APPRECIATE WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR THIS CLUB....

That's not a protest.

We've established he's proposing a pro-Chris (not a protest). We've been through all this, man.

supporting the toon is like a shit Groundhog day

Alan, You do realise this is Kev??

I wont stay at home, i'd never stay at home!

I dont think ppl are reading my posts here!!! THIS IS NOT AN ANTI MIKE ASHLEY PROTEST, THIS IS TO GET OVER TO THE MEDIA AND TO CHRIS HUGHTON THAT WE APPRECIATE WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR THIS CLUB....

Aye mate I know who you are!! 

But, you know exactly what will happen on Saturday - and it wont be pretty.

Guest neesy111

Fuck me they're are some fucking tedious cunts on this board.

This.

Too many people happy to whinge about things but happy to do fuck all about the situation.  Was speaking to someone qualified in politics is that people protesting over the right situation is a healthy state about what people are wanting.

Also since when are some many on here sensitive about media reaction, then slag them off.

Too many fickle fans on here.

Fuck me they're are some fucking tedious cunts on this board.

This.

Too many people happy to whinge about things but happy to do fuck all about the situation.  Was speaking to someone qualified in politics is that people protesting over the right situation is a healthy state about what people are wanting.

Also since when are some many on here sensitive about media reaction, then slag them off.

Too many fickle fans on here.

Thought that was Ethigeordie at first.

Where were all the Hughton devotees when he was appointed ?

Seems like a lot who were calling him Ashley's puppet, a weak man etc are now the same people wanting to protest about his departure.

I don't think it's a contradiction. Ashley appointed Hughton because he was the cheap option, which people didn't approve of. But Ashley got lucky in that he accidentally appointed someone with some competence and dignity who the fans have ultimately taken to.

I think this time the world knows we didn't want this to happen, even the press have sussed that one out I think, or atleast hope. By the time Saturday comes we could have a new manager in charge and singer our former managers name won't does us any good. Hughton himself knows that the fans are behind him, sodo the players. Now though for the sake of our club and the sake of picking up points we need to get over this as fast as possible in order to bring some sort normality and stability to the club. Hopefully Fat Mike will be sorting things out as we speak.

Seems like a lot who were calling him Ashley's puppet, a weak man etc are now the same people wanting to protest about his departure.

I don't think it's a contradiction. Ashley appointed Hughton because he was the cheap option, which people didn't approve of. But Ashley got lucky in that he accidentally appointed someone with some competence and dignity who the fans have ultimately taken to.

Eaxctly, nobody knew whether Hughton was the right man, but luckily it turned out he was.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The more I think about, if there must be a protest, the stay away protest would be the best.

Empty seats.

No mongs for the SKY/ESPN cameras.

No soundbites for the Sky/ESPN cameras.

SKY/ESPN Cameras will broadcast it free of charge and highlight the empty seats.

Plus, it fits in with the heavy sense of disfranchisement that's spreading amongst toon fans towards Mike Ashley's NUFC Direct.

FFS what is the point.. we are playing Liverpool and need the points.. how about we just all turn up ignore the fat bastard as any action he will just ignore anyway and just let us support the team on the pitch and hope we can get a result.

Eaxctly, nobody knew whether Hughton was the right man, but luckily it turned out he was.

I'm inclined to agree with your point, Ashley did get lucky. Similar could be said of the appointments of Shankly, Ferguson, Moyes etc etc.

My point is there was an overwhelming and OTT negative outcry about Hughton's initial appointment by many of the people now crying about his departure.

It may not stink of hypocricy but there's certainly a faint whiff.

I'm inclined to agree with your point, Ashley did get lucky. Similar could be said of the appointments of Shankly, Ferguson, Moyes etc etc.

My point is there was an overwhelming and OTT negative outcry about Hughton's initial appointment by many of the people now crying about his departure.

It may not stink of hypocricy but there's certainly a faint whiff.

Well you know, fans don't know as much about the detail of football as they would like to think... I admit I had no idea if Hughton was equipped to manage us, and his appointment did take place at a very very negative time for the club.

The thing is, now we have evidence to go on, we've seen the job that Hughton has done. Maybe people have changed their opinions, but it's hardly hypocritical.

At the moment the best protest we could organise is a 'Pardew, stay away from our club' protest.

If we let Ashley know we don't want Pardew here then hopefully he'd take him out of the running. If we let Pardew know we don't want him at the same time, hopefully he'll take himself out of the running.

The Sky cameras are camped outside the club at the moment so it'll definitely get on Sky Sports News.

how many times, the only way to hit ashley is in the wallet, don't go, and if you've already paid for your ticket, don't buy anything else or put anymore money into the club until he's gone

Yeah, that plan has worked brilliantly so far hasn't it.

The man has a billion pounds FFS!

If Pardew sees a protest against him getting the Newcastle job on Sky Sports News, do you really think he'd be up for the job?

That plan has never been implemented?

And realistically never will be. 

Attendances aren't what they used to be so clearly some fans are voting with their feet but there's no way enough would do it to make the kind of statement you're suggesting