Newcastle United 3 - 1 Liverpool - 11/12/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

Krul 6 - Couldn't of done much about the goal, alright overall.

Simpson 6 - Got forward alright but he was suspect at the back at times.

Taylor 6 - Alright.

Campbell 4 - Too slow, too sloppy, not good enough.

Enrique 6 - Did alright defensively, sloppy going forward.

Barton 8 - Man of the match for me, worked hard and looked a constant threat, deserved a goal.

Nolan 7 - Looked better with him in the side today, put in a good shift and gave us the early advantage.

Tiote 7 - More of the same, shame Campbell got him booked.

Jonas 4 - Sloppy, didn't really look arsed.

Carroll 8 - The lad's a monster in the air, great finish for the third.

Shola 3 - A true return to form in recent weeks, he offered absolutely nothing.

Ranger 8 - Not his greatest fan but he changed the game today, never let the back four rest.

Pardew 8 - Picked the best possible line up, changed the game with the Ranger substitution well played. Still a t*** though.

Couldn't disagree with any of that

:lol: What game were you watching? Ameobi was far better today than last week (still looks less than 100% though), similarly, it's clear Guttierez is carrying a knock (and has been for the past month).

Sorry another question, what were Joey's hand gestures to Torres?

"I didn't see him"

(Torres comment)

"I didn't see.....oh, you're a cock"

(Torres comment)

"A COCK" [grabs crotch] "One of these, a COCK. Cock. Cock. Cock."

(Torres comment)

"You're a cock" [grabs crotch] "Come on then, in the tunnel, you can suck my COCK" [grabs crotch] "You'd like that" [shakes Lucas' hand]

:D

what was great about Carroll's performance is that Kyrgiakos didnt even have that bad a game, it was a proper old fashioned tussle between them and Carroll came out well on top vs one of the best aerial presences in the league. could've, should've had another as well to go with his goal and assist.

Barton still man of the match for me though, just hope it wasn't a farewell. so important to how we play.

probably say Ranger was 3rd best, just for the energy and spark he gave us when coming on. if, like carroll, he can learn to be a bit more clinical and make better choices then we'll have a player on our hands. a real game changer.

"I didn't see him"

(Torres comment)

(Torres comment)

(Torres comment)

"You're a cock" [grabs crotch] "Come on then, in the tunnel, you can suck my COCK" [grabs crotch] "You'd like that" [shakes Lucas' hand]

:lol: really?

I can't remember a ref giving so many bad decisions.  Not big ones but just consistently gave decisions against us that were wrong.  Doubt he was paid off but I would not be surprised at all if he was a closet Liverpool fan.  Shocking.

"I didn't see him"

(Torres comment)

(Torres comment)

(Torres comment)

:lol: really?

That's what it sounded like, hilarious...think Barton chased down Jovanovic straight after that and won the ball on the slide. Superb stuff from Lucas/Torres. He was immense after that :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I can't remember a ref giving so many bad decisions.  Not big ones but just consistently gave decisions against us that were wrong.  Doubt he was paid off but I would not be surprised at all if he was a closet Liverpool fan.  Shocking.

He fell for every dive going (from both sides), but seemingly missed every real foul going. I'd be surprised, but this is Lee Mason we're talking about.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/wayne-rooney-lee-mason-2009-8-16-11-43-47.jpg

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

"I didn't see him"

(Torres comment)

(Torres comment)

(Torres comment)

What minute in the match did it happen, would like to watch that again :lol:

He fell for every dive going (from both sides), but seemingly missed every real foul going. I'd be surprised, but this is Lee Mason we're talking about.

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/wayne-rooney-lee-mason-2009-8-16-11-43-47.jpg

That photo is class.  My expression was either that or anger pretty much when ever his whistle blew.

The icing on the cake was when we were breaking from the back and he brought us back for a free kick.  He waited to see we had an advantage then blew. 

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267488.msg7818783#msg7818783

Their first goal was offside, by the way. When Carroll headed the ball, Nolan was in an offside position. Goal should not have counted.

For their third goal, Barton illegally won the 50-50 with PFK. Free-kick should have been called in our favor.

So, two of their goals ought not have happened, by the rules of the game.

How important is the glorious one-on-one chance for Torres, then?

Or the missed headers by Kyrgiakos? Or the ricochet off Ngog after Meireles's thunderous shot that Enrique was in the right place at the right time to prevent from going in?

I intensely dislike Hodgson, I think PFK is not good enough, I though Kyrgiakos and Skrtel sucked donkey dick, etc but we were also very unlucky and got assaulted by Lee Mason, probably the worst referee for Liverpool around.

:cheesy:

Joey Barton and his hand genstures, jesus christ man.

I was in stiches, grabbing his crotch like Michael Jackson and point at him.

difference is MJ would grab his and point at a 10 yr old.  Joey was telling Fernando to get some

I fucking love this extreme insane fucking joke of a football team. I'm going mad right now....There's now logic here...Just insane. I'm going mad. I'm dead, I'm off. I cant stand this. Goodbye I love you Newcastle United, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton and Andy Carroll. Goodbye <3 NUFC forever.

"I didn't see him"

(Torres comment)

(Torres comment)

(Torres comment)

What minute in the match did it happen, would like to watch that again :lol:

Maybe on the hour mark? Just before the Babel subsitution (he came on for N'Gog who'd been cut on the head by Kryiagos so he had to be subbed, went down and ref blew his whistle while Barton was run across the pitch with the ball, Lucas didn't react very well to Barton not kicking it out, then Torres got involved)

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267488.msg7818783#msg7818783

Their first goal was offside, by the way. When Carroll headed the ball, Nolan was in an offside position. Goal should not have counted.

For their third goal, Barton illegally won the 50-50 with PFK. Free-kick should have been called in our favor.

So, two of their goals ought not have happened, by the rules of the game.

How important is the glorious one-on-one chance for Torres, then?

Or the missed headers by Kyrgiakos? Or the ricochet off Ngog after Meireles's thunderous shot that Enrique was in the right place at the right time to prevent from going in?

I intensely dislike Hodgson, I think PFK is not good enough, I though Kyrgiakos and Skrtel sucked donkey dick, etc but we were also very unlucky and got assaulted by Lee Mason, probably the worst referee for Liverpool around.

Nolan was obviously level with the ball. Think whoever wrote that doesn't know the offside rules.

Barton won a 50-50, he even says it himself. Why's that then a freekick? Both players' feet were as high as each other tbh.

I f***ing love this extreme insane f***ing joke of a football team. I'm going mad right now....There's now logic here...Just insane. I'm going mad. I'm dead, I'm off. I cant stand this. Goodbye I love you Newcastle United, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton and Andy Carroll. Goodbye <3 NUFC forever.

^

This. 

Barton is a bit of a legend for that :thup:

Hope he doesn't get too much shit for it from the heirachy.

Agreed.

What does he say at the end?  "P.B. called" or something like that?

From memory, he said something like "Chrissy, P.B and Colin".

P.B obviously being Paul Barron, I'm not sure who Colin is.