Birmingham v Newcastle Pre-Match Thread - rearranged for Tuesday 15th February

Ameritoon

Is shit that seriusly cancel the game and meaby we have to stay at birmingan because the aiport is close....

Indeed Jose, indeed. :lol:

Saw the team coach outside the Hyatt Hotel earlier. Sent him a tweet saying we're just round the corner if him and the lads fancy a pint!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Geordiesned/e1794729.jpg

Doesn't even look like that much snow, at all. Dicks.

First time around I argued with this but considering every f***er knew it was coming again and we've had a couple of weeks to prepare it's just a joke.

I spent 3 years living in the Midlands and the world seemed to stop as soon as the snow fell.

And hasn't started since.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Saturday is the main snow day. The fact that there will have been no snow beforehand is irrelevant. If 4-5 inches falls from 12-3 it will be off. Simple as

Yep, you must be one of those Americans with two laptops.

Or, I'm one of those Brits who can't be arsed to track back a few pages to make a joke more accurate.

One of those Americans with two laptops. What kind of stereotype is that?  :lol:

25-26 Jan my guess for rearrangement

I'll fucking cry if thats the case. I've got a knee op on the 18th and won't be able to go to a game so soon after.  :undecided:

Can't be, Birmingham are playing in the Carling Cup Semis that midweek.

Fucking joke how any game in the top league is called off when the Championship has games going ahead.

Not really, match wasn't called off because a Premier League team's pitch was unplayable, but given the deluge of snow that fell in such a short space of time and it being a stadium right in the middle of England's "second city" (with a very popular city centre shopping complex, the weekend before Xmas) - it was called off for safety reasons.

Was always going to be called off when the volume of snow was so great  this morning. The Chelsea situation is very different and Coventry's stadium is in a shithole and out of town, serviced by major (gritted) roads.