The New Coaches thread

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just seen that Kevin Dillon's left whatever job he had. Ex Toon player (albeit a Mackem) and worked with Pardew at Reading I think. Wouldn't be surprised to see him here in the next week or so.

Dillon! You son of a bitch! What is this fucking tie business?

Is Dillon really coming? He has to be a better coach than a player as he is one of the worst players I have ever seen play regularly for Newcastle. The below is what I posted earlier in this thread.

May as well get a fella who Pardew has employed as a assistant before & he remarkably thinks is a Geordie x-Newcastle captain Kevin Dillion.

“I’m not foolish. I’ve had Geordie friends like Kevin Dillon [a former Newcastle captain] text me and say ‘you have got to earn the right to be an honorary Geordie, so you had better start working hard’.”

Not sure who Kevin Dillion is then read: http://www.fansonline.net/newcastleunited/article.php?id=413

It's f***ing ridiculous the length of time we've been without an assistant.

Yep, it is.

But you can't be negative on here anymore, cause you're not supporting the team.  Or something along those lines.

You two have very similar avatars - I thought Yorkie was replying to himself for a second there :lol:

Is Dillon really coming? He has to be a better coach than a player as he is one of the worst players I have ever seen play regularly for Newcastle. The below is what I posted earlier in this thread.

May as well get a fella who Pardew has employed as a assistant before & he remarkably thinks is a Geordie x-Newcastle captain Kevin Dillion.

Im not foolish. Ive had Geordie friends like Kevin Dillon [a former Newcastle captain] text me and say you have got to earn the right to be an honorary Geordie, so you had better start working hard.

Not sure who Kevin Dillion is then read: http://www.fansonline.net/newcastleunited/article.php?id=413

Yep - he made Kevin Sheedy look proficient.

Brock was good.  Dillon was second only to Billy Askew in the crap stakes.

Brock had a good cross on him but was slow as fuck.

I remember watching from the Milburn paddock back in the day (my first few years of a season ticket were in there) and the abuse Sheedy got from the supporters closest to the pitch was vast. He took it well though and his banter back was always funny.

The craic was great at the match in those days, a far greater affinity with the players and fellow fans I reckon.

• 1 month later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Toon have hired a new Performance Analysis bloke. Formally of Arsenal and Crystal Palace.

I heard JC talking about this the other day

Joined in Jan, and works with the first team. Not sure of his full name, but its 'Ben S' or something. Seems we've been hiring a lot of backroom staff over the last few months (new fitness, development coaches too).

Toon have hired a new Performance Analysis bloke. Formally of Arsenal and Crystal Palace.

I heard JC talking about this the other day

Joined in Jan, and works with the first team. Not sure of his full name, but its 'Ben S' or something. Seems we've been hiring a lot of backroom staff over the last few months (new fitness, development coaches too).

There have been a few blokes hanging around the dugout on matchdays that I haven't got a scooby about. Was guessing they might be some new backroom staff. Good stuff if that's the case (and they're half decent of course). Glad we're investing.