The New Coaches thread

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Is there going to be any kind of boycoutt or official anti-Ashley protest because of Taylor's rejection ?

Possibly from the numerous Bradford City fans who seemed happy to be getting rid of Taylor.

Is there going to be any kind of boycoutt or official anti-Ashley protest because of Taylor's rejection ?

It goes without saying that there must have been something to put him off working for the best owner/chairman the club has had in at least half a century, the only logical reason can be that he was scared off by thoughts of a lad with a misspelt banner and the protests the NUST organised before they were formed. The man can't be expected to leave the security of his current job knowing he'd probably be hounded out by the fans just like all the managers have in the last few years.

Once again the club has been let down by these so-called supporters who dared to show their faces as we were relegated with the highest ever attendance figures in a relegation season, and no doubt shamefully continue to go to games and try to create an atmosphere in the ground. How on earth is Mike supposed to run the club successfully under impossible conditions like that? :angry:

It goes without saying that there must have been something to put him off working for the best owner/chairman the club has had in at least half a century, the only logical reason can be that he was scared off by thoughts of a lad with a misspelt banner and the protests the NUST organised before they were formed. The man can't be expected to leave the security of his current job knowing he'd probably be hounded out by the fans just like all the managers have in the last few years.

Once again the club has been let down by these so-called supporters who dared to show their faces as we were relegated with the highest ever attendance figures in a relegation season, and no doubt shamefully continue to go to games and try to create an atmosphere in the ground. How on earth is Mike supposed to run the club successfully under impossible conditions like that? :angry:

sarcasm is just lying you know, speak your mind

Does it worry anybody that so few people in their right mind would want to come and work for a club under a man like Mike Ashley? I personally believe that's a reason people like him have rejected us, and their distaste at his appalling treat of Hughton.

Guest Howaythetoon

Does it worry anybody that so few people in their right mind would want to come and work for a club under a man like Mike Ashley? I personally believe that's a reason people like him have rejected us, and their distaste at his appalling treat of Hughton.

Without a doubt. You reap what you sow springs to mind.

Pretty much what I said earlier. We probably could've easily got half of the people touted if it was still Hughton. But Ashley's so fucking random, they won't dare touch us now. And the Keegan/Shearer shenanigans thrown in with the Hughton situation means most former players/staff won't think about returning while Ashley's still in charge.

It's true - anyone coming up - and don't forget, practically that may mean moving their family/hope up to the north east - would fear that Ashley could just get rid of them without any reason (as a law student sometimes I ponder whether Hughton should try an action for unfair dismissal, although it would probably fail on contractual terms I'm not aware of), and therefore they consider it a fairly pointless and dangerous upheaval.

Another reason to add onto the pile of why I hate him.

Wages are probably a major factor as well.

Aye, he probably expected moving from League Two Bradford to Premier League Newcastle would mean a more lucrative package. Silly him.

Peter Taylor:

“I was flattered to be asked by Alan Pardew to be his assistant at such a huge club like Newcastle United. It is something I have always said I would be interested in one day.”

“I have a lot of respect for Alan and for Newcastle United, who are a magnificent club, but I just really didn’t want to break my commitment here at Bradford. At present, I am contracted here until the end of the season and I didn’t want to walk away from that any earlier.”

“I believe in what we are trying to achieve here. We have started the new year in a good vein of form and it’s up to us to keep that going. I would like to wish Alan and Newcastle all the very best for the remainder of the season, but now we must focus on ourselves.”

:lol: :clap:

Wages are probably a major factor as well.

Aye, he probably expected moving from League Two Bradford to Premier League Newcastle would mean a more lucrative package. Silly him.

I'm sure wages were a factor, but it had sod all to do with us.

Taylor only wen't public (that we approached him, along with a number of others I might add) as it gave him increased leverage negotiating with his club as his deal was nearly up.

Pardew's been in charge for a month and six matches now, and still has no assistant manager. f***ing embarrassing.

We have had no number 2 since Calderwood left.

I know, but the argument there was that they weren't going to appoint someone for Hughton. There's no excuse for the past month.