The New Coaches thread

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Lewington will be joining from Fulham as Assistant Manager, and Andy Woodman will be joining from Charlton as GK coach. Don't know much about Woodman, but Lewington isn't a bad shout.

Update

Andy Woodman appointed as GK Coach. - http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2243125,00.html

Ray Lewington claims are denied.

Chris Powell approach is rejected. - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9286421.stm

' He is a close friend of ex-England international and ex-Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate, with whom he has written a book about life in the youth ranks of Crystal Palace, their first club. The book is called Woody & Nord: A Football Friendship, and describes an enduring friendship forged in the Palace youth team that has survived Southgate and Woodman's wildly differing fortunes in the professional game. '

:lol: Woody and Nord eh, don't think I'll add that one to my reading list thanks lads.

I like Ray lewington so quite happy with that. No idea who the GK coach is but you've got to feel its a step down from Barron who was quality from what we hear. Maybe a new perspective could shake things up for Krul & Forster.

We certainly don't need any wow assistants, just people who the manager knows well and trusts.

Glad it's been done quickly as that is important.

Will be very disappointed if Steve Stone is not allowed to continue developing a role at Newcastle too. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

At least its not Dean Saunders.

:lol:

For someone who worked with the strikers, I can't help but feel we had the shittest attack in the league under Souness.  :lol:

At least its not Dean Saunders.

:lol:

For someone who worked with the strikers, I can't help but feel we had the shittest attack in the league under Souness.  :lol:

Yeah, "right lads i want us to HOOF the ball to luque!"  Will see if he can win some headers"