(Long) Breakdown of our recent finances

BottledDog

Where Newcastle do score very highly is in gate receipts, thanks to their impressively large and loyal support. Although this has fallen from £35 million in 2005 to £29 million in 2009, this was unbelievably still the tenth highest of the Money League clubs, superior to Milan, Inter, Lyon and Borussia Dortmund among others.

Be proud lads. :clap:

BUT WE HAND OUT FREE TICKETS!!!111!!1!!11!

It does go on to say that our attendance figures have dropped from 51k to 43k like.  :lol:

We are in the middle of a pretty hard-hitting recession :undecided: think we're still doing very well :thup:

Brief Summary:

Despite his crass behaviour, there is no doubt that Mike Ashley has put his hand in his pocket to keep the club going. The unpalatable truth is that Newcastle United are heavily reliant on the support of their charmless owner.

What about all the profit he's made from transfers.

:facepalm:

Lol, WHERE DID THE MILNER MONEY GO FFS??????????????????????????????????????

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Brief Summary:

Despite his crass behaviour, there is no doubt that Mike Ashley has put his hand in his pocket to keep the club going. The unpalatable truth is that Newcastle United are heavily reliant on the support of their charmless owner.

If you read the blog, you'd understand.

Brief Summary:

Ah so you did mean it.

Well the club has been making large losses and thats even after taking account of any profits made on player sales.

Brief Summary:

Ah so you did mean it.

:lol:

Good read, Kind of puts the whole Buy cheap young up and coming players, develop academy and promote from within into view. I believe they do have a ideal blueprint for making the club self sufficient. Its the way they rock the stability that pisses me off. In a way we are already seeing benefits from Andy Carroll, Ranger, Kadar, Vuckic, LuaLua, Krul coming through while we have bought reasonably priced players in Tiote, Williamson, Simpson,Enrique, Guttierez, Nolan and possibly Ben Arfa for 5mil with Campbell and Gosling on a free.

If we could get a few more scouted and bought cheap we could compete at least in top half. Looking at the players listed all of them have a higher value now than when they signed. On the down side how long before they get bored of pardew and we are in crisis again. If he can build on the spirit that hughton helped develop then integrating new players into the squad will be easier than before and we may have some chance of progressing and I don't mind the using youth players strategy because it give me pride to see players come through. Hopefully in the next few years we can progress and Pardew is not a total disaster.

Where Newcastle do score very highly is in gate receipts, thanks to their impressively large and loyal support. Although this has fallen from £35 million in 2005 to £29 million in 2009, this was unbelievably still the tenth highest of the Money League clubs, superior to Milan, Inter, Lyon and Borussia Dortmund among others.

What for? We are being charged more coin to watch poorer footballers? I feel like contacting the "Rip off Britain team" on BBC.

What for? We are being charged more coin to watch poorer footballers? I feel like contacting the "Rip off Britain team" on BBC.

Well fuck off and watch Inter then

Poorer footballers?

That may be your opinion, but I prefer seeing 'this group of lads' (Tiote, Ben Arfa, Carrol, Nolan, Colo, Ranger etc, etc) to Owen, N'Zogbia, Martins, Duff etc on the pitch by a country fucking mile.

Well f*** off and watch Inter then

Nah but thank for the advice.

Geez, what a paradox.  The guy that can save the club is the same guy that can drive it into the ground.  I'd feel a lot better if he had at least one very good footballing man as an advisor.

I know exactly how you feel. Pretty good time for this article to come out (from Ashley's point of view).

I thought the Hughton sacking was essentially the last straw, but this article reinforces what I think everyone has known to a greater or lesser extent all along- NUFC were in deep trouble pre-Ashley, and he has done a lot for the club. Now it comes back to the same old story- transfer window coming up, how will it play out? A couple more modest signings that improve the team with nobody leaving? Admittedly, the last couple have both been okay.