Newcastle v Manchester City Sun 26/12/10 15:00 - Pre Match Thread

QBG

Going for my first pre-match thread. Lets have these c***s, for Hatem! :clap2:

--------------------------------------------

TRAVELLING INFORMATION:

Arriva - Service suspended

Go North East - Limited service 1000-1800, some provided with financial assistance from Nexus. VIEW TIMETABLES

Metro - Metro services will operate a Sunday timetable between 10am and 7.30pm, with additional services before and after the scheduled 3pm kickoff time.

Other Info - Bus services to and from the city centre will run between 9am and 7pm to a reduced timetable, while the Shields Ferry is operating a normal Sunday service.

In addition, special match buses will run to and from the game as follows:

There will be a return coach service from Northumberland to Newcastle with stops in Newbiggin, Ashington and Morpeth. The first bus will leave at 11.50am and will run until 1.20pm. Return journeys will leave the city from 5.20pm to 5.35pm.

Altoonative Travel has also secured a return service from Blyth, stopping at Bedlington and Cramlington before arriving in Newcastle. This will also start at 11.50am until 1.20pm.

There will be a service for fans living near Hexham which will leave Hexham bus station at 1pm and a service for Corbridge will leave at 1pm via Wylam at 1.30pm before arriving at the Haymarket bus station.

Each ticket is £1 return and can be bought from NUFC, online here or in person at the SJP Box Office. Note that that tickets must be bought in advance as none will be available from the bus on the day.

Fans can use the park and ride scheme from Newcastle Great Park and if you have a Metro Mover it is free.

Working with Altoonative Travel, Nexus will open all car parks including Kingston Park, Callerton Parkway, Northumberland Park and Heworth free of charge and will operate a more convenient timetable to carry people to the match and will include extra services from the airport and on coastal routes.

For those living in the south of the region Altoonative Travel and Go North East will be operating the 21 bus service from Durham bus station every 30 minutes from 10am. This will stop at Chester-le-Street, Birtley and Low Fell before arriving in Newcastle.

Altoonative Travel is the public face of the Newcastle United Travel Plan which is managed by Newcastle City Council on behalf of the Newcastle United Supporter Travel Plan Advisory Board, which includes Nexus, Network One, Newcastle City Council and Newcastle United.

As usual on Boxing Day the railway network closes down.

Guest toonlass

We'll get beaten. Chants of "get out of our club" will be screeched at Mike Ashley. A drunk eejit will fall from the Level 7 balcony and Alan Pardew will be shot in the dugout!

Or maybe not!

A drunk eejit will fall from the Level 7 balcony

I was pushed! (Just in case)

I can't wait for this game. Christmas at the mother-in-law's this year, who wanted us to stay "for a few days" over Christmas. I conceded Christmas Eve as it will mostly be spent in the pub anyway, then was desperately trying to drum up an excuse for anything past Christmas Day.. and then somewhere a light came on in my brain... HOME GAME ON BOXING DAY! My saviour.

Can't wait for this one. Man City are a club I despise more than any other excluding Sunderland and what happened down there earlier in the season just made my hate them even more. Hate their fans, hate their owners, hate De Jong, Given the judas.....just despise everything about them.

Sadly I think they might beat us but if another 50,000+ crowd get behind the team like against Liverpool then we are in with a chance.

COME ON!!!

Can't wait for this one. Man City are a club I despise more than any other excluding Sunderland and what happened down there earlier in the season just made my hate them even more. Hate their fans, hate their owners, hate De Jong, Given the judas.....just despise everything about them.

Sadly I think they might beat us but if another 50,000+ crowd get behind the team like against Liverpool then we are in with a chance.

COME ON!!!

We need to try and make them feel hated as soon as the bus gets to the ground.  Anybody wearing a bed sheet should get the same stick that Quinn and Short were given before the game.

Fucking hell, I totally forgot about that Beye super-tackle that he got a red card for.

Had a really heated argument with a guy I knew who was a qualified ref about that, he said it was deffo a red and a penno and I was saying it wasn't. When it got rescinded I think I went on about me being right for at least a week.

Guest firetotheworks

f***ing hell, I totally forgot about that Beye super-tackle that he got a red card for.

Had a really heated argument with a guy I knew who was a qualified ref about that, he said it was deffo a red and a penno and I was saying it wasn't. When it got rescinded I think I went on about me being right for at least a week.

What did he say when he was wrong?

f***ing hell, I totally forgot about that Beye super-tackle that he got a red card for.

What did he say when he was wrong?

Maintained his stance and said the FA got it wrong. I was being a twat like, but this argument was fairly heated. I was enraged. :lol: